Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Borg Warner S362 FMW + map Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Borg Warner S362 FMW + map Manifold

Good Day all !

So i got my My S362 FMW , fitting it with a MAP short runner t3 exhaust manifold.

Now the issue is there is very less space to install a down pipe because of a.c compressor bracket.

Check the if this ball bearing oil line will work or do i need a different sized oil line ?

Any ideas to make the fitment easy would be appreciated.

Please check out the photos.

Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Bumpity..
Old Aug 14, 2017, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Well a picture is worth a thousand words. Looks like it's gonna be a hot summer for you. Lol. As far as the line goes, if it's a special line for a BB turbo I wouldn't use it, probably has s restrictor inside.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

I really can't believe that they put the turbo so close to the bell-housing like that. Kinda limits what size turbo you can run.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

I am gonna scrap this turbo. Can't fit a down pipe is this tight space with an elephant sized *** flange. Needs 1.5 inch at least to make any sort of downpipe.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like 1400$ wasted
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That Turbo for sale?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
If you do not want to throw away 1400 bucks, take the exhaust housing to a machine shop and tell them to cut the 3 inch v band ring off the housing, then remove as much matterial as they can, from the pics I can tell you they can remove at least 2cm of material off the housing and then re-weld the 3" vband ring back onto the housing.

After that you'll need to to fabricate a 40 degrees or so angle of an o2 housing to avoid the a/c bracket. You'll need to weld together 3-4 pieces of 3cm thick stainless steel along with the o ring, but it can certainly be done and it is nothing difficult.

Do not use the line if it has smaller than 2mm restrictor in it as you have a journal/360 thrust collar turbo.

Marios
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
If that turbo is journal bearing, it should be fed from the oil filter housing, not the head. For the restrictor, it would depend on whether or not BW restricts the turbo internally.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
If that turbo is journal bearing, it should be fed from the oil filter housing, not the head. For the restrictor, it would depend on whether or not BW restricts the turbo internally.
I'm running my Borg with a 4an line no restrictor off the head and the turbo is fine. With the kiggly HLA there's plenty of oil left for the turbo.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

No they do not restrict
Old Aug 14, 2017, 01:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by 2winscroll
I'm running my Borg with a 4an line no restrictor off the head and the turbo is fine. With the kiggly HLA there's plenty of oil left for the turbo.
Glad you're having good luck with it. I tried finding it, but I couldn't. There was a thread on here from back in that day where (I think) FP compared oil pressure at the head, vs at the OFH. And obviously it was higher at the OFH, but it was also a lot more consistent and linear with RPM than from the head. From the OFH is just the safer bet for a JB turbo IMO. Especially since you can kill them rather quickly with a drop in oil pressure.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Marios ,

Which weld would stick to this housing ? we dont have tig welds here, CO2 welding and old school electric welding...

Honestly speaking , i am a bit skeptical about the flange welding part because it has to hold alot of weight [ down pipe ] + plus the heat. 40 Degree bend with a 3inch flange ? will it choke ?

Will it work ?

Originally Posted by Evo8cy
If you do not want to throw away 1400 bucks, take the exhaust housing to a machine shop and tell them to cut the 3 inch v band ring off the housing, then remove as much matterial as they can, from the pics I can tell you they can remove at least 2cm of material off the housing and then re-weld the 3" vband ring back onto the housing.

After that you'll need to to fabricate a 40 degrees or so angle of an o2 housing to avoid the a/c bracket. You'll need to weld together 3-4 pieces of 3cm thick stainless steel along with the o ring, but it can certainly be done and it is nothing difficult.

Do not use the line if it has smaller than 2mm restrictor in it as you have a journal/360 thrust collar turbo.

Marios
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

In the EFR they do have an internal restrictor but not sure about the journal bearing.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jeewee804
That Turbo for sale?
I would think of selling it in a week after i visit the machine shop.

Quick Reply: Borg Warner S362 FMW + map Manifold