Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Motor mount opinions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motor mount opinions

I have a 2003 evo 8 and I’m in need of a front motor mount. Shifting is hard , after driving for a while my engine rattles after slowly letting go of the clutch on 1st gear. I mostly DD my evo . I don’t track it at all Only thing is which one should I get . A lot of people go with Ams , torque solution etc . I would like to know which will best suit me .
Old Apr 14, 2018, 09:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Any one of those will be fine. The roll stopper mount was my first piece I bought years ago (i have a Blox). Since then I completed the rest of mounts using Torque Solutions
Old Apr 14, 2018, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Any one of those will be fine. The roll stopper mount was my first piece I bought years ago (i have a Blox). Since then I completed the rest of mounts using Torque Solutions
Did you do the rear (dogbone) mount as well? I have heard mixed opinions on ride quality. Since I plan on doing this soon, any input would be appreciated.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by jheff
Did you do the rear (dogbone) mount as well? I have heard mixed opinions on ride quality. Since I plan on doing this soon, any input would be appreciated.
I left that one stock as I've heard it can make the dash rattle a lot when its converted to a stiffer mount.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 05:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by jheff
Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
I left that one stock as I've heard it can make the dash rattle a lot when its converted to a stiffer mount.

No, just like youve heard, I left the dogbone as stock. I have enough NVH already

Roll stopper, pass mount, driver mount only!

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Apr 15, 2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 09:06 PM

Ohhh alright sounds good then . I’ll just be changing my front one for comfortability .
Old Apr 17, 2018, 01:11 PM

Which types of bushings do you recommend to go for?

Which type of bushing would you recommend to go for?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Torque solution is the way to go for mounts, you can find them used for a decent price on evom or facebook.

Originally Posted by sontoofly
Whiteline or energy
Old Apr 18, 2018, 07:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by sontoofly
Originally Posted by blackline
Torque solution is the way to go for mounts, you can find them used for a decent price on evom or facebook.
Whiteline or energy
This ^^^ (I run WL in my suspension & TS w/the motor mounts except for the roll stopper which is a Blox)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
No, just like youve heard, I left the dogbone as stock. I have enough NVH already

Roll stopper, pass mount, driver mount only!
Can you comment to how much NVH increased once you added the pass & driver side engine mounts to the existing front roll stop mount? I'm debating whether or not it would be worth it to do all 3 vs just the roll stop. It is my DD though and I do enjoy the comfort of the stock mounts, however, I'm not totally opposed to adding more "race car" feel as long as vibration is tolerable.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 07:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
Can you comment to how much NVH increased once you added the pass & driver side engine mounts to the existing front roll stop mount? I'm debating whether or not it would be worth it to do all 3 vs just the roll stop. It is my DD though and I do enjoy the comfort of the stock mounts, however, I'm not totally opposed to adding more "race car" feel as long as vibration is tolerable.
Bumping this old thread up...I would like to know the above as well.

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
I forgot I even asked this question, thanks for the bump lol. I would still like to know.
The following users liked this post:
SoSoEVO (Mar 20, 2019)
Old Mar 20, 2019, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
I'm running a TS roll bar, trans, and motor mount. You can definitely feel the car vibrate with S2 cams.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 08:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Anyone know where the "hard rubber" Ralliart mounts can be purchased now? All the threads I search out on here are all from 5-10yrs ago. Megan Racing makes a "hard rubber" motor mount set rated at 70A but I'm just unsure on the quality (all the other products they offer are mediocre at best). Finally AMS has a 70A poly insert option as well, has anyone on here installed a set of the 70A set that can chime in on the NVH levels?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 09:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gingeneering makes really nice mounts for the side, front and trans.I'm not a fan of any of the rear mounts on the market for various reasons, so I created my own rear mount. But, changing out anything beyond the front mount is going to add noticeable vibration in my experience.

Quick Reply: Motor mount opinions