Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

FiTronic Flex Fuel DIY

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
FiTronic Flex Fuel DIY

Does anyone have a DIY on how to install the FiTronic Flex Fuel parts? Recently got a Kit from Tom and just not sure about the install. there is some wiring and not sure what wire goes where. any help would be great thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to here they still make this kit , I contacted English racing and they said they still tune for this kit but they don’t sell it , I guess I’ll get it from Tom for my evo 8 !
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evocam757
Good to here they still make this kit , I contacted English racing and they said they still tune for this kit but they don’t sell it , I guess I’ll get it from Tom for my evo 8 !
Would be great if they gave instructions on how to install it
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by thedru13
Would be great if they gave instructions on how to install it
Who did you purchase it from ? I’m sure they can help you out
Old Jun 20, 2018, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evocam757
Who did you purchase it from ? I’m sure they can help you out
Bought from Tom. Tough guy to get a hold of.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Why Fitronic when only very small amount tuner can tune that thing? Especiaaly for an 8 when you can rewired the flex fuel sensor to the ECU? I just don't like to be limit it to a certain amount tuner that why I was asking why
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by gqcode
Why Fitronic when only very small amount tuner can tune that thing? Especiaaly for an 8 when you can rewired the flex fuel sensor to the ECU? I just don't like to be limit it to a certain amount tuner that why I was asking why
The reason I want to go that route is because the display can literally monitor almost everything evoscan can monitor , also the 3 tuners who can tune it are the best in the business from what I’ve read and gathered
Old Jun 21, 2018, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I found the instructions Tom sent me,when I installed mine,send me a pm with your email and I’ll send you them
Old Jul 1, 2018, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bvliz
I found the instructions Tom sent me,when I installed mine,send me a pm with your email and I’ll send you them
pm sent
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:59 PM

Wish I could get this kit , nobody from tscompusa will even email me / Facebook message me back
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by gqcode
It is not the fitronic the issue. You can buy ANY Ethanol content sensor with a 5v output, such as AEM or Zeitronix and wire it to the ECU. It can be wired to the alt map switch pin and logged in evoscan. Although the issue remains that the few that have the rom+definition for the flexfuel options are selling it only. And if you buy it, that does not give you the definition so you can play with it and learn it yourself. I have done flexfuel on tephraxmod v3 and it is fairly simple, tune a pump gas map, tune an E85 map and enabling the flexfuel will do the rest.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 04:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey, what did you pay for the complete fitronic kit from tscomp?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kindelan4g63
hey, what did you pay for the complete fitronic kit from tscomp?
The kit itself with the fuel hoses runs about $750. Add an extra $500 to get the flex fuel tune, I was given the option to pay for the tune after paying for the kit or with the kit, I just paid for it all at once at about $1,250.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai
It is not the fitronic the issue. You can buy ANY Ethanol content sensor with a 5v output, such as AEM or Zeitronix and wire it to the ECU. It can be wired to the alt map switch pin and logged in evoscan. Although the issue remains that the few that have the rom+definition for the flexfuel options are selling it only. And if you buy it, that does not give you the definition so you can play with it and learn it yourself. I have done flexfuel on tephraxmod v3 and it is fairly simple, tune a pump gas map, tune an E85 map and enabling the flexfuel will do the rest.
I understand but as I mention for Evo 8 there's no need to fitronic, I wire and 5vdc to the ECU to be able to log in evoscan. I know for EVO IX the rom definition are not available which is kind of sad unless you get a standalone. Anyway for Evo 8 the rom definition are available, my Evo is running on flex fuel

Last edited by gqcode; Sep 10, 2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
If anyone wants a Fittronic kit, I am selling mine! Hit me up!

Quick Reply: FiTronic Flex Fuel DIY