Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forward Facing Turbo A/C Kit solutions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forward Facing Turbo A/C Kit solutions

Hey guys

Im a new evo owner down here in south FL and having no AC is absolutely killing me right now. I have searched and seen several people who made custom lines/condenser kits for forward facing big turbo manifolds but none of them are replying to my emails. Is there anyone currently producing these? And any opinions on good ones from anyone that’s done it?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey Welcome & thanks for posting

Yeah, this is a tough topic to get an answer on as most FF turbo guys probably have no interest in adding back the AC

Let me move this thread to the Engine forum & see if we get any good comments

Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:26 PM

Thank you very much!!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 02:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You pretty much need to find a condenser that fits in the available space, mount it, and then build lines for it. I wouldn't expect it to work as well as having the full stock condenser though. IIRC most guys were using Honda civic condensers, as those are half width from the factory.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
You pretty much need to find a condenser that fits in the available space, mount it, and then build lines for it. I wouldn't expect it to work as well as having the full stock condenser though. IIRC most guys were using Honda civic condensers, as those are half width from the factory.
do you know what year civic by chance? I don’t mind paying for the luxury of a plug and play kit with lines that are made to fit lol. If none of them are still producing those kits I might have to do some r&d
Old Jun 22, 2018, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
You know i live in Florida but for some reason i don't use my AC at all, maybe if rain is falling, even then rarely, i just don't like AC. Was thinking to go FF and delete my AC. Is the FF more responsive ?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by huzzle101
You know i live in Florida but for some reason i don't use my AC at all, maybe if rain is falling, even then rarely, i just don't like AC. Was thinking to go FF and delete my AC. Is the FF more responsive ?
Helps build more boost. But in my opinion forward facing kits should really be for track only cars. Too easy to suck things into them. You could run an air filter on them but then it looks goofy with a filter hanging out the front bumper and if you put a block out plate on it then you are defeating the purpose of it in the first place.