Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

FlexFuel Sensor install and Fuel Lines

Old Jul 1, 2018, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
FlexFuel Sensor install and Fuel Lines

Got my FiTronic the other day. So started my install. Thought I would share some of the stuff I was able to piece together. I will post up the display install after I get the parts I am waiting for.
I ended up running different fuel lines. I used my stock FPR. Going to clean up the install a bit more but was able to mount the flex fuel sensor off the back post on the fire wall. Some pics and parts.
Used this fitting to convert stock lines to AN fittings. Had to cut the ends off the lines. This is the part i used.
https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...rsistYmm=false

Used Nylon braided fuel lines and put -6an Fittings on with These press on fittings for the flex fuel sensor.
https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...rsistYmm=false

Some pics of rest of the install

The following 2 users liked this post by thedru13:
huzzle101 (Jul 1, 2018), MinusPrevious (Jul 1, 2018)
Old Jul 1, 2018, 03:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting up the pics. These kinds of posts are helpful for sure

Yes, please keep updating, as the more info, including the steps required, is appreciated
The following users liked this post:
thedru13 (Jul 1, 2018)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

I just installed the FiTronic display. Have to clean it up since I butchered the cuts. I replaced the clock with the FiTronic Display.

Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:59 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Congratulations on your work completed. I'm curious why several projects like this people have decided to mount the sensor on the body of the car- specifically the firewall area. From my experience with flex-fuel sensors, don't most OEM mounts place the sensor on the engine some where? This is part of the reason I did it this way on my build. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, just trying to understand.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

the sensor I got didn't have any bracket or way to mount it. This just for me seemed like the easiest way to secure the sensor without having to zip tie and or fabricate a bracket. I have seen others just zip tie it to the intake manifold which i didn't want to do.
Originally Posted by Jp7
Congratulations on your work completed. I'm curious why several projects like this people have decided to mount the sensor on the body of the car- specifically the firewall area. From my experience with flex-fuel sensors, don't most OEM mounts place the sensor on the engine some where? This is part of the reason I did it this way on my build. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, just trying to understand.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:18 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by thedru13
the sensor I got didn't have any bracket or way to mount it. This just for me seemed like the easiest way to secure the sensor without having to zip tie and or fabricate a bracket. I have seen others just zip tie it to the intake manifold which i didn't want to do.
I understand- that's why I started tig welding LOL. Now I am getting better but I have a long way to go. The bracket for my e85 sensor was the first thing I really did.
The following users liked this post:
thedru13 (Jul 3, 2018)
Old Feb 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Great write up, Installed my ethanol sensor your way but used zipties to mount it. Going to pick up this universal mount
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:13 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
My return line fitting is seized beyond belief lol. The only thing I'm able to achieve trying to remove it is bending the hardline, no amount of pb blaster has helped.

Old Mar 18, 2019, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
When I removed mine the first time, it was on ridiculously tight....as in I thought it was going to strip before it broke free.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 05:08 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
When I removed mine the first time, it was on ridiculously tight....as in I thought it was going to strip before it broke free.
Yep, I feel you on that. I felt like my options were A) Strip it B) Bend the hard line shut or my favorite, C) Strip it while punching my engine bay as it strips & wrecking my knuckles lol.