Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Twin Charged Monster / 4G63

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 07:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Twin Charged Monster / 4G63

(months old, but thought we should log this car into the forum)

Excerpt:

After Pani's success winning the 2016 Pro Time Attack Championship he took a break in 2017 and this was created from the old car .
The power unit is a Twin Charged Norris Designs monster and figures are not released as of yet,its how the package performs not how many Neddies under your right foot.
The rest of the car was built as before by LCE Racing in Cyprus and the attention to detail is fantastic this is a completely new set up.
The idea was to keep the car standard looking but still allow it to perform at high levels.

All the cars graphics were done by Yiannimize and it seems its called the "Hulk"
More will be revealed later.

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Oct 30, 2018 at 04:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Is2scooby (Oct 30, 2018)
Old Oct 31, 2018, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Whoa!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 09:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
I would love to see more twin charged setups outside of ND's parts. Some homebrew would be super cool. I know a sequential should make that unnecessary but those things are super spendy.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 06:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Dallas J
I would love to see more twin charged setups outside of ND's parts. Some homebrew would be super cool. I know a sequential should make that unnecessary but those things are super spendy.
Youre right Dallas, im sure any one of our suppliers (ER, BR, STM, Boostin P) could figure out what is needed. Theres got to be a

brand name on that supercharger that could be obtained & fitted

BTW, did you see the size of the superchager pulley. Its very large! Must be a very low boost setting needed to make this system work!

Heres a quick idle Vid. Theres a few grainy Vids on YT showing the cars in action
Old Nov 1, 2018, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
I find it interesting that instead of the turbo feeding the inlet of the blower, it looks like it feeds into the blower below the rotors. In the video above, it looks like the turbo feeds directly into the blower which is normally what I see on twin charged deals. Still, very cool.

BTW - The blower on both cars is a Harrop 1900 most likely originally made for the Ecotec LSJ.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 05:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Haven't lookes into it much but pretty sure everything harrop is rebranded from one of the main manufacturers and usually Eaton.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 06:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
I find it interesting that instead of the turbo feeding the inlet of the blower, it looks like it feeds into the blower below the rotors. In the video above, it looks like the turbo feeds directly into the blower which is normally what I see on twin charged deals. Still, very cool.

BTW - The blower on both cars is a Harrop 1900 most likely originally made for the Ecotec LSJ.
Haven't lookes into it much but pretty sure everything harrop is rebranded from one of the main manufacturers and usually Eaton.
Good call guys. Yep, Harrop located in Aus

Old Nov 1, 2018, 06:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Yep, made by eaton.

http://www.eatoncorp.com.au/ecm/grou.../ct_167917.jpg
Old Nov 1, 2018, 06:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yep, made by eaton.
Possible SSB custom snout?

Old Nov 1, 2018, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Very true. The center section, rotors and case, are indeed made by Eaton. Harrop only has a small part in the blower itself. Like the inlet.

Last edited by Lumpy Sticks; Nov 1, 2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 06:48 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
The idea was to keep the car standard looking...

doesn't it look like the blower is going to blow air right out the air filter? It obviously works and all.. just saying it looks odd LOL
Old Dec 10, 2018, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
I thought about designing the supercharger parts needed for the kit. I could take a week to design the parts in CAD. I lost interest though when I saw the advances made with electric supercharging. I am going to focus my attention on that when I can pick up the parts from some junkyard Audis.

I will probably CAD it anyway as a way to practice and keep my skills sharp.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
what are you talking about, electric supercharging is still in its infancy... scratch that, its still a fetus... at best, its like a weak nitrous shot...
Old Dec 11, 2018, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
what are you talking about, electric supercharging is still in its infancy... scratch that, its still a fetus... at best, its like a weak nitrous shot...
What's your point? I just said I was interested in the technology and how it could be modified to be better than it is.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 06:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by deylag
I thought about designing the supercharger parts needed for the kit. I could take a week to design the parts in CAD. I lost interest though when I saw the advances made with electric supercharging.
Originally Posted by deylag
What's your point? I just said I was interested in the technology and how it could be modified to be better than it is.
thats my point... they way you said that implies advances in electric supercharging have been make that make it a viable alternative to belt driven superchargers...