Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The e-Evolution (SUV) (EV)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 08:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
The e-Evolution (SUV) (EV)

Thoughts on the concept?

Bob

The e-Evolution Concept incorporates the strengths of a sport utility vehicle (SUV), electric vehicle (EV), and the ability to integrate new systems for a connected mobility customer experience.

Old Nov 30, 2018, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
a connected mobility customer experience.
I don't know what this means, but I probably don't need it and probably wouldn't want it either.

Also I hope they leave the Evolution name off anything they make in the future that isn't performance-minded.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
In the IT industry, the IoT integrated vehicle is the next big thing, basically vehicle connected to internet, all marketing BS but aimed at the next generation of young people wanting to be connected at all times due to fear of missing out. The future is all about lifting your profile and gathering more followers and vehicle providers take this into account
Old Nov 30, 2018, 05:14 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by kpt6
I don't know what this means, but I probably don't need it and probably wouldn't want it either.

Also I hope they leave the Evolution name off anything they make in the future that isn't performance-minded.
The way it's going, once the cars drive themselves, the only thing that will matter is bandwidth for **** and ping for fortnight.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i dont mind to call it an SUV, as long as stays around the X size and hight . lol
Old Nov 30, 2018, 05:26 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
The Pajero Evolution is bad ***, this thing could be dope.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mitsubishi has lost its way a long time ago and forgot about the ones they once made cars for. They just don't get it and I am beyond disinterested.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
This looks like every generic concept you'll see at every car show in the past decade.

Does Mitsu make (or ever made) anything that looks anything like the interior of this thing? Who are they kidding. The company is deluded. And they put CarPlay in it and a cell chip (probably just wifi, it *is* Mitsubishi). That's their innovation.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
I won't look anything like this if it ever goes into production.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The auto market is moving to SUV's, that's undeniable - Ford announcing the end of the sedan lineup as an obvious indication. Why Mitsubishi feels the need to coat tail the Evolution brand with and eSUV ... marketing I would guess. An attempt to leverage something with a following for future sales. If I want an SUV, I'll buy a Toyota - oh, already have one. I purchased and Evo X because dollar for dollar, it was the best performing 4wd car on the market that cost <$35k. I have NEVER been past by a Subaru on the track (except perhaps during a warmup lap). That was soon corrected, as I have past many subies. Word is that Mits dropped the Evo because it was not profitable. After a fair analysis, I think any honest person would agree - it was a steal. Thank Mitsubishi, for the Evo, but I'll have to pass on the SUV.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 09:44 AM

Talking about ugly sh**
Old Jan 15, 2019, 09:55 AM

e Evolution

Originally Posted by kpt6

I absolutely agree. It is abhorrent how car companies are so willing to bastardize (and destroy the value they have created) in their brands. Evolution used to stand for something. Doing this means it (and Mitsubishi) stand for nothing.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Is that a step in the door to make it easier to wash the roof?

Mitsubishi stopped making EVOs in 2006.

Mike W
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
SUV -> Stupid Useless Vehicle

Questions?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:13 PM

Mitsubishi has lost touch with it’s founders.

The 10 was the death of the EVO. This concept is more insult to injury. It seems that Mitsubishi is on a mission to completely decimate and disgrace the Iconic EVO. The last true EVO was the EVO9 and it is clear we will never have another EVO. Look at what Toyota is doing with the new BMW wannabe Supra! WTF! It’s disappointing that Mitsubishi has lost their way and think that the new PC technologically enslaved generation is their only option. smh.