Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

New Subie Sti S209 341BHP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
New Subie Sti S209 341BHP

Subaru is releasing the new Sti S209 which going to have a new turbo that results in 341hp https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...s-price-specs/.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts
Too bad it's the limited edition car and not the base STi getting the improvements. Subaru and Mitsubishi screwed up royally by essentially stopping the performande development of the rally cars around 2002. The Evo and STi could have been so much more had they tried.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Man that thing looks slick
Old Jan 14, 2019, 02:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by butte
Man that thing looks slick
it looks the same... with different wheels...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 08:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
it looks the same... with different wheels...
And widebody, and aero, and...

Too bad it's the same crap Ej25
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by razorlab
And widebody, and aero, and...

Too bad it's the same crap Ej25
oops, didn't pick up on the glued on fender flares...other than that and the wheels it looks exactly like the Type RA. and considering this is gonna have a bigger price tag than the 50k Type RA, you'd get much further buying a regular STi and giving the left over money to a reputable subi tuner and telling them to build you an S209 killer.

as much as I like to hate on the EJ25, I think its better than the alternative... After my sister got a WRX with that turbo FA20 I really started to appreciate the EJ again. I don't know what it is about that engine, even with a turbo and no torque dip it still feels like pulling teeth when driving. A friend of mine had an SC'd BRZ (before I met him so I didn't get to drive it) and he said it felt the same way in SC form, and really the reason he ended up selling it.

man, between this, the auto only Supra, the blatant Audi front end ripoff on the GT500 (fan of everything else on that tho)... I'm really b*tching about everything today
Old Jan 15, 2019, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
oops, didn't pick up on the glued on fender flares...other than that and the wheels it looks exactly like the Type RA. and considering this is gonna have a bigger price tag than the 50k Type RA, you'd get much further buying a regular STi and giving the left over money to a reputable subi tuner and telling them to build you an S209 killer.
Sure, but this car vehicle isn't really targeted at that kind of consumer. This isn't the successor to the STi, it's a limited edition vehicle with changes that you likely won't see in any other iteration. People buying this car aren't exactly ignorant to the fact that they're paying extra money for exclusivity. I think your expectations are too high or you're misunderstanding the idea here with this thing.

The Supra on the other hand...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Exclusivity of what? Stick on fender flares? I mean if it was at least a proper wide body like the 22B... but 50k+ for glued on flares, a slightly upgraded turbo, and a false promise of exclusivity... no thanks
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Car & Driver on the track with the new, more virile STI.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ototype-driven