Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

brake line banjo bolts and washers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
brake line banjo bolts and washers

I just had my front and rear calipers re-built. I'm re-installing the brake lines on the calipers, and was wondering if I need to replace the washers on the banjo bolts, or if i can re-use them.

If I have to replace them, does anyone know the part #, and if there is anyplace to get them besides mitsubishi?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 05:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Heres the part no.Mitsubishi
MA111832
Please double check before ordering
Old Jan 16, 2019, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Technically you should replace the copper washers. But, I will tell you that I've rebuilt my calipers twice (as preventative maintenance) and reused the washers.
I plan to rebuild them again this winter with the RacingBrake stainless pistons and will be replacing the banjo bolts and crush washers. Not sure of the OEM part #, but RacingBrake also sells the bolts/washers.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I had a caliper banjo bolt leak on an F-body Pontiac after I reused a washer. Brake fluid got on the ball joint boot and destroyed it. I had just replaced this ball joint and had to replace it again.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I managed to find replacement washers at NAPA of all places. They had exactly 8, so it all worked out.