ECU Flash

[HELP] EVO VIII MR 2004, Fuel cut on boost / hit brick wall

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation [HELP] EVO VIII MR 2004, Fuel cut on boost / hit brick wall

Hey everyone,

I appreciate anyones time and help,

When im driving normal everything seems fine, When i hit boost under 30% TPS it seems fine as well
Once i go past 30-40 % TPS and i hit boost i seem to be getting a fuel cut or boost cut, i literally feels like im hitting a brick wall, and i don't now why?
i have attached some logs and info about my mods
if anyone can help me figure out why im hitting a brick wall that would be so helpfull
I haven't connected boost gauge to my ecu yet as im still trying to learn how to do that but if someone could help me without that kind of data that would be so helpfull !

Evo 8 MR 2004
1250 Bosch injectors
stock cams
460 walbro fuel pump wired to battery with relay/fuse
ets hot and cold side piping
custom made COP kit (toyota yaris cops)
Screamer dump pipe with 3" exhaust back

Also if anyone can help me with a guide on how to log load1B that would be helpfull

Thanks

Krys

Last edited by Krystal8U; Apr 18, 2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 03:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Try reducing what you log to just TPS, RPM, TimingAdv, Speed, Knock, WidebandAF, InjDutyCycle, LoadMUT2Byte, to get higher resolution logs

A lot of times that sudden loss of power under boost can be fuel pressure related, so check your regulator to make sure you didn't lose the boost source vacuum line
Old Apr 19, 2019, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by recompile
Try reducing what you log to just TPS, RPM, TimingAdv, Speed, Knock, WidebandAF, InjDutyCycle, LoadMUT2Byte, to get higher resolution logs

A lot of times that sudden loss of power under boost can be fuel pressure related, so check your regulator to make sure you didn't lose the boost source vacuum line
Hey recompile thank you for the reply i have watched all your videos and i want to say thank you for your effort i appreciate it so much it has helped me be able to have a semi good understanding of what i am looking at!

I am running stock fuel regulator, I will deffinately check it tomorow, i remember that the end of the hose was once brittle and i cut it shorter and its fitted verry tight, maybe its kinked? will have to look into this tomorow

on another note could anyone tell me what they think of my ign/afr tables?

Thanks!!!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by recompile

Thanks will check that tomorow morning asap !!
BTW thank ytou so much for your videos and guides ive been reading and watching!

Also what do you think of these tables here??

Old Apr 19, 2019, 09:57 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal8U
Hey everyone,

I appreciate anyones time and help,

When im driving normal everything seems fine, When i hit boost under 30% TPS it seems fine as well
Once i go past 30-40 % TPS and i hit boost i seem to be getting a fuel cut or boost cut, i literally feels like im hitting a brick wall, and i don't now why?
i have attached some logs and info about my mods
if anyone can help me figure out why im hitting a brick wall that would be so helpfull
I haven't connected boost gauge to my ecu yet as im still trying to learn how to do that but if someone could help me without that kind of data that would be so helpfull !

Evo 8 MR 2004
1250 Bosch injectors
stock cams
460 walbro fuel pump wired to battery with relay/fuse
ets hot and cold side piping
custom made COP kit (toyota yaris cops)
Screamer dump pipe with 3" exhaust back

Also if anyone can help me with a guide on how to log load1B that would be helpfull

Thanks

Krys
You need a tephramod rom to log the good 1byte load. Which has an adjustable multiplier that needs to match between your rom and evoscan. You could be hitting your load limit and causing fuel cut. Are you running that 460 pump at full power all the time or do you have the relay hooked up to a hobbs switch and are preserving the factory low voltage operation?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
I am no pro at tuning on ECUflash but both your fuel and timing maps dont look right for many reasons. Also, what fuel are you running? If on pump gas, the timing looks to be a bit on the high side.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
I am no pro at tuning on ECUflash but both your fuel and timing maps dont look right for many reasons. Also, what fuel are you running? If on pump gas, the timing looks to be a bit on the high side.
hey thanks for the add
im running e85

my 460 is wired up the the battery with a fuse and relay
hiw ever I am running factory fuel pressure reg

also I checked my fuel pressure reg the lines seem okay but I replaced them anyways just to be sure, still having issues :/

gonna make a boost leak tester today and also check the turbo for play
Old Apr 19, 2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
You need a tephramod rom to log the good 1byte load. Which has an adjustable multiplier that needs to match between your rom and evoscan. You could be hitting your load limit and causing fuel cut. Are you running that 460 pump at full power all the time or do you have the relay hooked up to a hobbs switch and are preserving the factory low voltage operation?
yeah I’m running tephra mod v7

i just set up load last night and it was going past 285 which is what it was set to, so I slowly increased it, I’m at 310 now and no more boost cuts

how ever now I’m only boosting to 16psi and have a loss of power ??
Old Apr 19, 2019, 06:53 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal8U
yeah I’m running tephra mod v7

i just set up load last night and it was going past 285 which is what it was set to, so I slowly increased it, I’m at 310 now and no more boost cuts

how ever now I’m only boosting to 16psi and have a loss of power ??
I would start troubleshooting with a boost leak test. Things often start popping off when you begin cranking it up.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 07:03 PM

found a boost leak!
fixed it and now my issue is sorted