Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

1st Time Evo Owner

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1st Time Evo Owner

Hello Everyone!

Long time lurker. I finally decided to join since I just purchased a Evo IX MR yesterday. I'm still on cloud 9. Its completely stock with just over 29500 miles! I will keep it stock for a bit as of right now my extra funds will go to my other weekend car. My 06 Acura RSX Type-S with Aspec Package with 55k miles that I purchased 2 years ago & just been collecting parts for.

Engine Bay will be getting a detailing asap!

The following users liked this post:
EVO196 (Jan 5, 2023)
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Welcome aboard

Yeah, that 9 is a sure unicorn. Looks totally stock & only 29K miles

Welcome & for sure no more lurking =)

Great to have you on the boards w/us (im a 9 owner as well)

Joe
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:36 AM

Thanks Joe! I've never owned a boosted car. Only sat shotgun in my friends WRX years ago. Hitting boost is a totally different feeling than hitting vtec! Haha
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Welcome aboard

Yeah, that 9 is a sure unicorn. Looks totally stock & only 29K miles

Welcome & for sure no more lurking =)

Great to have you on the boards w/us (im a 9 owner as well)

Joe
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by D.S.S.J.R.
Thanks Joe! I've never owned a boosted car. Only sat shotgun in my friends WRX years ago. Hitting boost is a totally different feeling than hitting vtec! Haha
Certainly nothing wrong w/that VTEC valve train (it works!). Those RSX's work really well for a NA car

Chime in on our threads & get to know the guys
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:43 AM

Yeah that's the plan to keep my Type-s NA. I will finally be starting a build thread soon on Clubrsx

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Certainly nothing wrong w/that VTEC valve train (it works!). Those RSX's work really well for a NA car

Chime in on our threads & get to know the guys
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:55 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Welcome! Nice score! I'd like to own another Evo, if I could find one all stock, like that. Enjoy!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 01:08 PM

Yeah man, I got lucky. I was looking for an Evo IX or A gen 2 Eclipse GSX. Pretty much was set on traveling all over the states to go find the vehicle I wanted until I saw this one available in my city.
Originally Posted by kaj
Welcome! Nice score! I'd like to own another Evo, if I could find one all stock, like that. Enjoy!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Wow wow. I must say, I’m jealous! I’ll trade you for a X with less miles! Haha. Jk.... kinda! Great find man! 👍🏽 Personally I really love graphite greys! Hold on to her for dear life! Digging the rsx too! Welcome !
Old Apr 19, 2019, 04:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Congrats OP, I can tell you first hand that you will love that car. It will hold it's value extremely well as long as you continue to take care of it. This forum should answer any questions you have about the car, most of the time better than the dealership. My friends and I threw too large of a turbo on an Rsx type S with wavetrack LSD and it was a fun car after 7k rpm XD
Old Apr 19, 2019, 04:50 PM

It just makes me grin ear to ear while driving it. I'm getting used to the clutch compared to the Type-S clutch.
That's the plan is to keep it well maintained & enjoy the heck out of it! The previous owner already got to 30k mile service done. I've ordered the service Manual CD, in cabin filter & gas door spring clips. I will be refreshing everything that needs it for now. Like the Brembos are little faded & restore the faded trim pieces etc.
Originally Posted by Pal215
Congrats OP, I can tell you first hand that you will love that car. It will hold it's value extremely well as long as you continue to take care of it. This forum should answer any questions you have about the car, most of the time better than the dealership. My friends and I threw too large of a turbo on an Rsx type S with wavetrack LSD and it was a fun car after 7k rpm XD
Old Apr 19, 2019, 05:02 PM

Thanks blue lion! Haha I like the X, but I love the IX's! All my cars I have owned have been gray or black. This is actually my 1st non Honda/Acura. But I've always had love/interest in an Evo/2g Eclipse.
Originally Posted by Blue_Lion
Wow wow. I must say, I’m jealous! I’ll trade you for a X with less miles! Haha. Jk.... kinda! Great find man! 👍🏽 Personally I really love graphite greys! Hold on to her for dear life! Digging the rsx too! Welcome !
Old Apr 19, 2019, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Damn that's a nice find, enjoy OP.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 06:46 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215
Memories! Back in 2000-01 We had Civics and Integras ranging from 300-650whp. And yeah... all had turbo lag. The 300whp was at 10psi
The following users liked this post:
Pal215 (Apr 22, 2019)
Old Apr 26, 2019, 05:48 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Congratulations, you found a beautiful car, she looks great.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by frsh92laser
Congratulations, you found a beautiful car, she looks great.
Thanks! I almost pulled the trigger on a new jdm rear bumper. But I'm gonna make myself wait a few months. I just had to get my AC compressor & condenser replaced on my daily driver. Smh

Quick Reply: 1st Time Evo Owner