Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2006 Evo 9 Rs white rare?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Evo 9 Rs white rare?

Trying to buy a evo 9 rs white, seller is saying there is only 179 of that model made for the US I can’t find anything about this online. Wanted to know what you guys think about this? If it’s true? And what it’s worth?
Old May 25, 2019, 02:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Share the link or add the pics and the important details & we will give you a pretty accurate quote

BTW, Ive got an 06 RS

Ill search our boards for the production no.s

Welcome @Branko

Edit: This thread, if accurate, notes 358 RS's made in 2006
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...odel-year.html

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 25, 2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old May 25, 2019, 07:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I remember the RS being more limited in production than the other trims. Regarding color, I'm not sure if white is more rare than red...
Old May 25, 2019, 08:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by empunker
I remember the RS being more limited in production than the other trims. Regarding color, I'm not sure if white is more rare than red...
Well, maybe what the OP reported is correct. 179 WW EvO RS9's produced? Certainly dont think the color adds value. Not even sure the RS would garner more $$$ than other models?

Maybe as the RS gets older, it may be worth a small percentage more than the others?
Old May 25, 2019, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
It was not broken down by color, so the 179 number is an assumption. I'd say realistically the WW IX RS is more common than the RR IX RS. RR IX's are pretty rare in general. OT, but RR and all red cars suck to color-match as well if it is ever needed IMO.

IX RS realistically may be worth more down the road due to number of RS's chopped up in general and some people love factory-stripped-down cars, but I wouldn't want one, and how much more value, if it ends up more valuable, is anyone's guess.
Old May 26, 2019, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it can be said that the RS is "worth" more, but there are a population of Evo shoppers where among their top criteria is that the model be RS, making it worth more to them. However, production numbers are a large driver of used car value, even if its a trim level within a model. If the demand is there and supply is what it is for RS cars, the car is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it - if that color/trim level is what you must have. I won't take the time to search, and it's only a guess, but there's what, like 3 IX RS for sale in the country right now? Maybe 1 or 2 more, but you get the picture. We're dealing with a car thats rare to begin with, even more rare to find a decent one worth buying (that can be driven home), and now you've added in the rarest (and most sought after according to some enthusiasts) trim level. Without access to specific info on the car...if an 8 or 9, in any trim, is in general good running order, and not modded to the end of the earth, seller gets near asking price, within reason. A WW 9 RS, if it meets aforementioned basic criteria, will not be around to hum and haw about. If it's not beat up, it will be gone at asking price.
Old May 26, 2019, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
IMHO its merely a seller's ploy to talk up the rarity and hence value of the car.

Unlike numbered-plaque limited edition exotics, the rarity for Evos are more likely due to them being comparatively more accessible and liberally modded back in the day.

I'd buy on condition first, mileage, mods and so on, with color quite far down the list of considerations, unless you are intending to acquire it for collection purposes.
Old May 26, 2019, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts
By the way that Evo 1-6s are trending, the Evo 9 RS is going to be worth a ton. You can find find well-priced 1-6 GSRs all day, but the values of well-kept RS cars are going through the roof. The raw, spartan, motorsports version of a performance car will always be worth more.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KBB seems to think that RS trim deems highest premium...
Old May 26, 2019, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
^KBB is basically based off of asking prices, so that’s really just saying that the sellers are asking more for the few RS that are out there for sale. It doesn’t mean they’re selling at those prices however. KBB also doesn’t include the SE or SSL separately - from what I recall they list MR and base IX and RS, so it’s not super accurate as it is because I can guarantee an SE goes for more money than the comparable base IX in the marketplace.

In the long-run though there will be people wanting the IX RS specifically, and due to its rarity it’ll more than likely carry a premium. I’d rather have a IX with sound deadening, ABS, power locks and windows, rear wiper (rare on a sedan as it is, and I dig it), and factory HID headlights, etc., so that means personally I’d be going after higher trim levels and not considering the base IX (didn’t come with factory HID’s) or the RS. But to each their own!
Old May 26, 2019, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
See this thread. I gotnthe same numbers from MNA when I got collectors insurance on my 04RS. The 06 has the highest production numbets of the RS models brought into North America.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...03-2006-a.html
Old May 26, 2019, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts
The production number is very small, if you think about it. The Evo IX was arguably the best Evo made, and there were just 358 of the 'race' edition sold in North America. I consider the S2000 CR a good comparison on value over the 'base' model. By comparison, there were nearly twice as many S2000 CRs made (699 total), and the values on those are much, much higher than the base S2000. The IX RS, being much more rare than the S2000 CR, has nowhere to go but up.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by RS200
The production number is very small, if you think about it. The Evo IX was arguably the best Evo made, and there were just 358 of the 'race' edition sold in North America. I consider the S2000 CR a good comparison on value over the 'base' model. By comparison, there were nearly twice as many S2000 CRs made (699 total), and the values on those are much, much higher than the base S2000. The IX RS, being much more rare than the S2000 CR, has nowhere to go but up.
Theres more difference between a S2000 and S2000 CR than there is between an Evo GSR and Evo RS though.
Old May 31, 2019, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't say that there is more difference when it comes to CR and regular s2k. Aero kit, hardtop, springs and swaybars, interior accents.
RS to MR differences: manual controls, rear windshield, front windshield, no sound deadening, stripped trunk, interior accents.
I would say they are about the same. Am I missing anything?
Old May 31, 2019, 01:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Olegator
I wouldn't say that there is more difference when it comes to CR and regular s2k. Aero kit, hardtop, springs and swaybars, interior accents.
RS to MR differences: manual controls, rear windshield, front windshield, no sound deadening, stripped trunk, interior accents.
I would say they are about the same. Am I missing anything?
All the differences that i can remember:
  1. No ABS
  2. No pwr mirrors
  3. No Radio No speakers
  4. No wing
  5. RS has rear lateral trunk bar
  6. RS has front LSD
  7. No rear wiper
  8. RS has alum roof just like MR
  9. Crank windows
  10. No sound deadening
  11. Trunk stripped
  12. No center console cubby
  13. 3 gauge cluster just like MR
  14. De-tuned trunk torsion spring
  15. Euro RS had Ti compressor wheel
Unverified Rumor:
  1. Thinner gauge rear trunk
  2. 60-80lbs lighter
  3. Thinner rear glass
  4. Elite, Intelligent owner base

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 31, 2019 at 03:48 PM.