Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

New addition to garage.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 07:01 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
New addition to garage.

Took long enough, but finally pulled the trigger on a QuickJack lift. Also got the motorcycle table adapter. I think it took longer to get evo up in the air with jackstands then it did to unbox and set up new toy.

Priming and bleeding lines.
The following 2 users liked this post by roro4g63:
EVO196 (Jun 27, 2019), ViciousLSD (Jul 7, 2019)
Old Jun 19, 2019, 02:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
neat ive looked at these a couple times. be good when ur going up and down all the time
Old Jun 19, 2019, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Good and bad. I've now had these for a year towing to both track and house, 5k model

1. I got the 12v model for substantial power and availability concerns, I always have a marine batt at the track for this and the winch.
2. Getting lined up exactly on the pinches or exactly on the inner rails can be quite cumbersome with lots of drive in/outs of pits and a low car. And with such a thin floor you don't just wanna wing it.
3. I started using my race ramps that lift the front wheels 2" in the pits for consistent placement, however it masks a problem. At my previous and my newer and lower ride height I would always drag the pads and thus the jacks as I try to back out of my pit. Even using the lowest pads they come with. This has required me to crawl under and remove or place the pads each and every time I use them.
4. If you're using these on older pavement, aka an abrasive surface, these are next to impossible to maneuver under the car.
5. About every other time you completely disconnect the lines from both the pump and the jacks you will get hydro lock on the pump side. No matter your Hulk like strength you will not be able to seat the "quick disconnects" to the motor side. To resolve this you must use a long 22mm socket and unscrew the motor side connections to release the tiny *** excess pressure to come back to usability. The "pressure relief" below the two connections doesn't do jack.

Advise:
1. If your using it in the garage only, ignore most of this as you'll never be taking it apart or using it for mobility as it was "intended."
2. Get the 3.5k model if your taking it to the track, the extra 30 something lbs isn't worth it based on their own videos.
3. Once you settle on the jack, get the 120v motor for the house, and the 12v motor for the trailer, and an extra set of lines so you don't have to go back and forth.
4. Next for me is experimenting with 2x4's cut and placed into the jack horizontally to cover the plates to create a more "total" surface area to lift on instead of the tiny rubber blocks
that I have to "center" every time.

This all being said, once they are lined up and working, it's WAY better then jacks and jack stands. But no, I disagree that jack/stands is quicker in real life to setup.
The following users liked this post:
Construct (Jun 20, 2019)
Old Jun 20, 2019, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
i love my quickjack. lining up can be a pain but i've already got bends on my frame rails... sigh. i sit these on top of the rubber blocks that came with the QJ:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WRMSHP2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WRMSHP2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old Jun 22, 2019, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have painters tape on my garage floor lining up the quickjack to make things easier and faster.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 08:13 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes. It only stays in my garage; so I have the 120v power supply. I also have polymer tile floors, so easy sliding the jacks into position.
Haven't experienced the hydrolock yet.

When not used on evo, I have the motorcycle table attachment. So one of my Harleys is on display
Old Jun 27, 2019, 05:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
i love my quickjack. lining up can be a pain but i've already got bends on my frame rails... sigh. i sit these on top of the rubber blocks that came with the QJ:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I use the QuickJack blocks right on the pinch welds (the two of them stacked) and neither the pinch welds nor the blocks are worse for wear. Those blocks are really tough.

My biggest complaint with the QJ is that it isn't very flexible on the size of car that it picks up. Mine is just a bit too short to pick up my Camaro. I wish I had the new SLX model, which is longer.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Proper air jacks are the way to go if all your lifting is the Evo, and your at the track more then a couple times a year.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 03:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Proper air jacks are the way to go if all your lifting is the Evo, and your at the track more then a couple times a year.
Air jacks are pricey tho and you have to carry a tank with you to the track. When the time comes for me to dig into my chassis more I'll be welding in receivers for pin jacks so I never have to put a jack underneath the car again.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

That'd be cool. For me I already carry both a nitro tank and an air compressor to the track so it's easy. I originally started carrying the compressor so I could leave the nitro tank at home, and then along comes real suspension guru's showing me how to adjust the shock pressure to match the track conditions.....annnnd back in the trailer it goes lol. Can I just win the lottery and retire to full seasons of racing....srsly.
The following users liked this post:
Ayoustin (Jun 28, 2019)
Old Jun 28, 2019, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
I use the QuickJack blocks right on the pinch welds (the two of them stacked) and neither the pinch welds nor the blocks are worse for wear. Those blocks are really tough.

My biggest complaint with the QJ is that it isn't very flexible on the size of car that it picks up. Mine is just a bit too short to pick up my Camaro. I wish I had the new SLX model, which is longer.
i only do it cuz regular jacks/stands have bent my pinchwelds to ****