Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

long time member, still can't reply/post in sale forums

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'll ask again, does the 15 post rule apply to previous members? i have 15 posts and i still cannot reply to posts in the for sale forum.

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
Looking through the ads has nothing to do with your contribution to the community within Evom. That community is who you are doing business with when you post in the private marketplace, and in order to add to the security of all users in that area, we ask you to simply make 15 thoughtful posts that add to the value of the community. What you're talking about, and what you tried to do here, is called post whoring, and it will get your posts deleted and you will receive an infraction if it continues. Also, in case you haven't noticed, certain sections do not count towards your relevant post count, this being one of them.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:43 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AoyamaJPN
i'll ask again, does the 15 post rule apply to previous members? i have 15 posts and i still cannot reply to posts in the for sale forum.
It applies to everyone and from what I see in your permissions you can post. You may be trying to post in a vendor area.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:00 AM

Issue seems to be fixed. Thanks for your response.

Last edited by AoyamaJPN; Apr 1, 2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: tested
Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
50 post count still didnt even stop scammers ne ways, scammers are going to scam haha
Old Apr 1, 2011, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

I think it's foolish that I have been looking at advertising on this site for two years and even clicked through to ads making this site money, yet I cannot post a question to someone selling something.

on the plus side, this thread is getting my post counts up! i feel some single character replies in my future....
Selling and interaction on the forum doesn't come from the people who are getting paid, it comes from the community. You are not doing anyone any good who contributes to the forum by clicking on links. The people that own the forum do nothing for it. Want proof? Check out the latest features section and tell me the last time someone has added anything.

I see you're doing a good job posting useless garbage on this thread and asking fake questions to get your post count up. Attitudes like yours are what makes a democracy fail. Why can't you just play by the rules?

Originally Posted by silver9mr
50 post count still didnt even stop scammers ne ways, scammers are going to scam haha
So just let them flood the gates? I think not.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:48 AM

You guys are all way too uptight. First of all, I'll say it again, I understand why the rule is in place. I have no beef with the rule itself. I get it.

But, even with the 15 posts and 2 year membership, i was getting an error when trying to post a reply (seems to be resolved now)

To add insult to injury, Nsomniac issued me infractions for posting replies within a certain time line. Yes, I posted replies sometimes as soon as 5min apart. But, this is because I have certian posts bookmarked as I refer to them. I choose to go back and share my thoughts on the posts i found helpful. So, how am I breaking the rules here guys?

I would say, YOU are the reason democracy doesn't work. Just because you have the power to be an ***, doesn't mean you have to act like one.

Originally Posted by Boltz.
Selling and interaction on the forum doesn't come from the people who are getting paid, it comes from the community. You are not doing anyone any good who contributes to the forum by clicking on links. The people that own the forum do nothing for it. Want proof? Check out the latest features section and tell me the last time someone has added anything.

I see you're doing a good job posting useless garbage on this thread and asking fake questions to get your post count up. Attitudes like yours are what makes a democracy fail. Why can't you just play by the rules?

So just let them flood the gates? I think not.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:55 AM

It's ironic that you say "you are the reason democracy doesn't work" when you share you're helplessness under the forum owner rule.

What you don't understand is that if people did not click the AdSense ads, the owners would not profit from the site, and shut it down. Simple ROI. So, I would argue that this and not helpful threads keep this community alive.

Your plea here has nothing to do with me sir.

Originally Posted by Boltz.
You are not doing anyone any good who contributes to the forum by clicking on links. The people that own the forum do nothing for it.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
You guys are all way too uptight. First of all, I'll say it again, I understand why the rule is in place. I have no beef with the rule itself. I get it.

But, even with the 15 posts and 2 year membership, i was getting an error when trying to post a reply (seems to be resolved now)

To add insult to injury, Nsomniac issued me infractions for posting replies within a certain time line. Yes, I posted replies sometimes as soon as 5min apart. But, this is because I have certian posts bookmarked as I refer to them. I choose to go back and share my thoughts on the posts i found helpful. So, how am I breaking the rules here guys?

I would say, YOU are the reason democracy doesn't work. Just because you have the power to be an ***, doesn't mean you have to act like one.

Hi,

The reason you were getting the error is because the VB data base takes anywhere from minutes to hours to update user groups once the Marketplace restrictions are satisfied. I'm not sure what you consider 'shared thoughts' but below are your four consecutive replies in less than 5 minutes. The first two are your original comments before you edited them.

- O(≧∇≦)O

- ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

~(=^・・^) ヾ(^^ ) ヨシヨシ

\(>o<)/ギャーッ!

As a moderator what would you do? This looks to me as member 'gone wild' posting gibberish. My point is your rant was unnecessary had you exhibited a little patience. Thanks and enjoy the marketplace.

Bob..
Old Apr 2, 2011, 01:47 PM

As a moderator, I would have tried to address the error issue.

As a member, I gave up on the mods helping me and posted relevant replies to posts I had bookmarked which I found helpful.

As you state, before that, I did start posting some gibberish and had a change of heart and edited them. Which is my bad. But what choice did I have? You guys weren't really helping me, just kept blindly repeating the rules. The rules were not the issue.

What a huge waste of everyone's time... keep flexing your moderator muscles and write me infractions if it makes you feel powerful, remember, posting replies was the very thing you asked me to do @Nsomniac.

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
As a moderator what would you do?

Last edited by AoyamaJPN; Apr 2, 2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 04:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
As a moderator, I would have tried to address the error issue.

As a member, I gave up on the mods helping me and posted relevant replies to posts I had bookmarked which I found helpful.

As you state, before that, I did start posting some gibberish and had a change of heart and edited them. Which is my bad. But what choice did I have? You guys weren't really helping me, just kept blindly repeating the rules. The rules were not the issue.

What a huge waste of everyone's time... keep flexing your moderator muscles and write me infractions if it makes you feel powerful, remember, posting replies was the very thing you asked me to do @Nsomniac.
This has nothing to do with a moderator flexing his muscles. It has everything to do with you declaring you were going to post ***** and proceed to do so after a warning by a moderator. A quick PM to an administrator would have given you the information but you didn't have time? This all occurred over the span of a couple of hours where you allowed your impatience to trumped our rules. We are are in agreement this is a waste of time for all. There is nothing else to discuss and you are welcome to continue this with me via PMs. Thanks.

Bob..