Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Selling Evo section

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Selling Evo section

I was notified that my thread was deleted (all others I see were just locked) since I didn't have some type of picture with my SN on it. I can see this being acceptable for new/used parts. But for an entire car?

I also had a link in my thread with my build to make the car for sale was mine. Theres no way I can imbed a picture of my SN in these pictures since they were taken months to years ago.

I have been more than helpful with users over the years and have been posting here longer than most MODS on this site. I've helped create some sub-forums as this site moved forward with the times. Heck, even some of these who are still mods haven't logged on in well over a year.

Is there anyway that this rule can be changed or discussed about?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not trying to be a debby downer or insult a veteran of the site but the rules do state you need to have it in your thread. I think it's to help protect the buyer more then anything. I would want to know the pictures are current, it looks/is as described, and that the person posting is indeed the one selling the parts/car. Especially for an entire car, I would want to see the name/date. Just my .02 though.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
I was notified that my thread was deleted (all others I see were just locked) since I didn't have some type of picture with my SN on it. I can see this being acceptable for new/used parts. But for an entire car?

I also had a link in my thread with my build to make the car for sale was mine. Theres no way I can imbed a picture of my SN in these pictures since they were taken months to years ago.

I have been more than helpful with users over the years and have been posting here longer than most MODS on this site. I've helped create some sub-forums as this site moved forward with the times. Heck, even some of these who are still mods haven't logged on in well over a year.

Is there anyway that this rule can be changed or discussed about?
Hi!

First, thank you for your long time contributions to Evom! We have to balance caution with member privileges and asking for a current pic with s/n shouldn't be a deterrent. We also need to be consistent when applying the rules as I don't feel a change is warranted. If you provide me with a link to a current photo with your s/n, I'll restore your thread and place the picture link in the thread. Will that help? Thanks.

Bob..
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Bob.

Ill send you a PM later today with a link.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and also include the state of where the car is located in your title. or else ppl wont even bother. they want to look at what's local first. trust me. i've shopped here before. and the ones without the state on their title i just dont even look. and ppl tried to contact me before to sell me their evo and i just tell them they are too late cause i dont have time to even look at their evos.