Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

CarFax/AutoCheck if selling a car?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
CarFax/AutoCheck if selling a car?

Hey @MinusPrevious , @Speedlimit
Seeing how many people are actually ACTIVE on this forum, compared to who uses it for the classifieds. I think we should make someone selling a Car/Shell include a CarFax or AutoCheck report. It’s not like the cars are decreasing in value, they will just keep going up. With the price inflation people will be coming to the forums just for the classifieds.
I know as a buyer, I always run CarFax or AutoCheck reports.

There is a guy(Doctor-Evo I think is his screen name) right now selling a GG IX. He states all the VIN tags are in place but the cars been wrecked 3 times. I highly doubt all VIN tags are in place if the cars been wrecked 3 times.
Im actually in the market for a GG IX MR and would have ran a report if it didn’t show up on CarGurus, then I would have been out $30 for the seller lying.

Is this something we can start to incorporate?

Facebook Post

This Facebook post should show the embedded content.

Last edited by Robb M.; Jul 14, 2021 at 05:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
APEXR (Nov 10, 2019)
Old Nov 10, 2019, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/market/756487

There is the link for the posted car I was talking about. Just look through the ad and see how he is ignoring any questions about the wrecks. I don’t think these kind of sellers should be tolerated. Especially if they do not contribute to anything on the forums.
APEXR (Nov 10, 2019)
Old Nov 10, 2019, 05:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Im certainly not opposed it having a CarFax requirement, but that decision is above my pay grade

I would certainly enforce the requirement if Admin / IB choose to add that to the rules

DontStopMe (Nov 10, 2019)
Old Nov 14, 2019, 06:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
@GSX_TO_EVO

Just wanted you to know this is a very good topic we appreciate ya bringing this up

We certainly agree a vehicle accident search should be done & we have just added the recommendation to the FS rules based on your thread

Hyperlink in my Sig if you want to see it

Old Dec 8, 2019, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by GSX_TO_EVO
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/market/756487

There is the link for the posted car I was talking about. Just look through the ad and see how he is ignoring any questions about the wrecks. I don’t think these kind of sellers should be tolerated. Especially if they do not contribute to anything on the forums.
Why was this ad completely deleted from EvoM?