Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Okay for vendors to Spam all sections?

Old Jul 12, 2019, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Hey,

Good question, a couple of years ago IB froze what ever version was current. Going forward to make software changes to meet the specific needs of the communities, desktop, mobile, the 6000 lb gorilla Google, European laws ect. and the technical support group. The purpose is to make software changes to VB then scale up for 100+ communities with fewer bugs. I believe IB is planning to add some of the new features found on other forum software, but no firm dates yet.

I doubt we will see a change from VB in the future but I would welcome some of the newer forum software packages or neat features added to our VB version. BTW, last I checked IB owns VB. Did that answer your question? Thanks!

Bob
Yes, it did, thank you for responding!
Who's doing technical backend stuff for you guys? Is it just you or someone from IB?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 01:54 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Fox_IX
With Patreon, Kickstarter and Indiegogo, funding things you care about has already become a pretty standard thing. Im sure we can easily cover hosting costs purely based on donations.
Man id love to host the server on a private US box, get rid of the requirement for a paid vendor title to sell stuff on the forum, and get rid of advertisements. Especially if there's not a lot of activity, why try and capitalize on it?
With all this said, the chance IB LLC is going to give up control of the forum is like 0.00000000000001%
\

Yeah, my friends use Patreon. Their YouTube channel only has about 1,000 subscribers, but they bring enough to keep the weekly vids as long as their "Street Racing Chronicles" and other vids being produced. It's a pretty sweet gig. Just three, regular adults talking regular car stuff. No ghettoness or other B.S.

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Hey guys,

The ads should be in the vendor forum. Please report the posts and we will contact them, thanks.

Bob
Thank you!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 04:02 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Yes, it did, thank you for responding!
Who's doing technical backend stuff for you guys? Is it just you or someone from IB?
Sorry, I missed you reply. IB technical does the heavy lifting for code changes, software updates etc.

Bob
Old Jul 22, 2019, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
So looks like Boostin's at it again with the multi-thread spam lol. I hate my new posts list getting cluttered with multiple ads one after the other from these guys.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 05:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Thank you, I'll let them know. In the past they have been very responsive to excessive bumps and ads concerns.

Bob
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:51 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
So looks like Boostin's at it again with the multi-thread spam lol. I hate my new posts list getting cluttered with multiple ads one after the other from these guys.
Nothing new here. They are just bumping their sub forum.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
We have been bumping one thread a day ( Less in the last week from being busy at the shop ). Also there has been cleaning up and deleting threads to keep at a minimum.
We will keep bumping at least one thread day.

Search this Thread