EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Site Feedback / Suggestions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions-2/)
-   -   Would members like/use car specific subsections within "other cars"? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/303337-would-members-like-use-car-specific-subsections-within-other-cars.html)

CharlesJ Oct 23, 2007 10:41 AM

Would members like/use car specific subsections within "other cars"?

We would like to see if everyone would like more specific other car subsections within the site and the "Other Cars" section. Being that this is a pretty popular section for the site, and many members own or like to discuss other vehicles. We would only do this for very popular ones. For example a Subaru, or GTR subsection. And while we do have sites for you guys to go to for those specific car, we also recognize that you may prefer to discuss them here with other evo and lancer owners that you know instead. Vote yes or no and leave any comments you would like.

On a separate note, we will also be putting up official new cars reviews by us in this section as we test them.

pwrofturbo Oct 23, 2007 03:28 PM

Well there's alot of DSMers around, that's one idea. :)

cfdfireman1 Oct 23, 2007 04:44 PM

If I knew what "expenaded" meant maybe.

WestSideBilly Oct 23, 2007 05:34 PM

Poll fixed.

I would like to see a fluid subfolder system, similar to OTs, with categories like "2009 Supra", "2008 GT-R", "2010 NSX" rather than doing supermerges. I know a lot of people hate having their 'unique' thread merged and it gets rather cumbersome having 30 threads about the same car ( *cough*GTR*cough* ). Given the nature of EvoM, I can see us ending up with anywhere from 5 to 20 forums at any given time (BMW 335/135, Subaru STi, DSMs, GT-R, etc). Maybe a single folder for rumor mongering?

AznX TL Oct 23, 2007 09:17 PM

i think its fine the way it is.

UT_Evo Oct 23, 2007 09:25 PM

I think that's a great idea. Especially a Subaru and DSM section. Though the counter argument is that there are already forums for these and more.

max2evoix Oct 23, 2007 09:29 PM

hell naa no scubies..:lol:

SASD209 Oct 24, 2007 12:44 AM

I am in favor for it, although on a very limited basis. I'd like to see subs for the most talked about/relevant cars. This can be obviously changed as topics evolve. I see WSB's concerns.....Perhaps a limited trial can be tested?

J.D.

CharlesJ Oct 24, 2007 09:33 AM

Yes, it would be very limited for only the most discussed and relevant cars. Ones I can think of off hand are Subaru, DSM, BMW, and the GTR or just simply nissan. The fewer the better, but if there is enough demand and traffic, it may be a good thing. DSM is a great idea since there is a lot of overlap. They would be seamless subsections, not extra forum listings on the main index. To determine which ones to add, we would probably do a pole. This is however just to see if the idea is a good one.

evo_man_06 Oct 24, 2007 07:26 PM

evolutionm.net

isnt the reason y they call the forum evolutionm so it rules out others cars. not to start anything i love most imports but i think that it would make this forum turn into a civil war or ww3 battel ground.

joec Oct 24, 2007 08:42 PM

Keep it Evo specific.

CharlesJ Oct 25, 2007 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by evo_man_06 (Post 4886717)
isnt the reason y they call the forum evolutionm so it rules out others cars. not to start anything i love most imports but i think that it would make this forum turn into a civil war or ww3 battel ground.

Originally Posted by joec (Post 4886985)
Keep it Evo specific.

Well, the site is still a evo/lancer focused site. This really has nothing to do with changing that focus. It has to do with better serving the evo and lancer owners among us who like to discuss other cars as well and already do so in the other cars section. In this section, we get a lot of discussion on certain cars. As mentioned, this would not be a new section to the site, just simple subsections within the "other cars" forum. It is not intended to draw in non evo/lancer owners or make this a site for many types of cars. There is really no negative impact here, just a question of if it is desired by those who use the "other cars" section. If you have no interest in ever posting in that section, this really has no affect on you.

sblvro Oct 25, 2007 06:14 AM

preferably performance cars subsection, like the IS-F, C63, M3, C4S, etc. like the 6speedonline.com, however, I never look at their other car section since I'm only there to visit the 997 and the cayenne.

rcjustin Oct 28, 2007 02:50 PM

I think their should be but still somewhat linked to evo.

Silver Knight Oct 28, 2007 05:12 PM

I don't like the idea. There are sites that are non-model/make specific like carforums.com and carforums.net for this purpose. Seems the server space and man power can be better used to help make the site easier to navigate.