Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

HPD Galveston Cruise! April 13th - (Sunday)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up HPD Galveston Cruise! April 13th - (Sunday)

Originally posted on http://houstonperformancedriving.com...ad.php?t=28749 & http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=452749 I hope to see many of my fellow EVO drivers out there the weather looks great most likely this is going to be the biggest ever!!! (See Below For Details Or Click On One The Links Listed Above)

"S! HPD Members, Staff, Guests, and Haters!

The staff is working on setting up a massive G-Town Cruise (South Coast Cruise) and would like to know what weekend and Sunday works for you. The staff will be doing all it can to bring you another famous HPD G-Town Cruise. This will be open to other crews and forums. Please come out once the date is set to rep HPD! These type of events are the best way to get to know the members and see what HPD is all about.

I. Outline:

There will be (2) meet locations:

*North side: 10AM w/ roll out at 11AM. Meet up will be at the massive parking lot on 59 N in Kingwood. There is a parking lot on the 59 N service rd just past Kingwood Dr. There is a Texas Road House and Luby's in the lot. If you pass North Park Dr. you have gone too far.

*South side: 11AM w/ roll out at Noon. Meet up will be at 288 S. @ 518 W. In the Hobby Lobby parking lot.

The group will travel down 288 S to Lake Jackson and take 332 E to Surfside Beach. Once at the coast we will turn up the Bluewater Hwy to Galveston. There will be a $2.00 Toll at the pass. Important: There is a pay system we will use to get us off the bridge ASAP. We have used it the last several cruises with much success. Look below for details. Once on the island we will stop for lunch at Salas's Mexican and Seafood. There will be a table ready for +80 people to eat. When the late lunch is finished we will head down to Cherry Hill for a quick* meet up and pics session. The group will not hang at Cherry Hill for very long. After pics we will head back up 45 N to Houston. Break-off when your exits comes.

*Pay System for Toll Bridge* = The Cruise Leader (Troy AKA xtc4us) will pay for the first 10 cars = $20.......the car that is #11 in line will need to get out and collect $2.00 from the next 9 rides = $20.00. Once the person collected their $20.00 you need to let the next person in the chain know they have to get out and collect $18.00 + your* $2.00 = $20.00....it keeps going until we the end of the line. FYI: It will only take about 15-20 minutes to get off the bridge with +200 rides.

Note: EZ Tag does not work*

II. Safety:

There will be a zero tolerance on any unsafe driving. Please do not drive outside of your ability and endanger the life of anyone on the road. There will be HPD Staff members keeping an eye on the group. They will report any unsafe driving to me. First time I will talk privately with the driver. If reported a second time, I will ask the driver to leave the cruise. I'm sure this will not be a problem because it never is. Everyone wants to cruise right? Keep the N20 bottles closed and boost on low.

- Use signals.
- Control speed.
- Wear seat belts.
- Use your head.
- No shoulder passing.
- No racing.
- No stunting bikes*.

III. Meet Info and locations:

- North Side: 10AM w/ roll out at 11AM. Meet up will be at the massive parking lot on 59 N in Kingwood. There is a parking lot on the 59 N service rd just past Kingwood Dr. There is a Texas Road House and Luby's in the lot. If you pass North Park Dr. you have gone too far.

- South Side: 11AM w/ roll out at Noon. Meet up will be at 288 S. @ 518 W. In the Hobby Lobby parking lot.

IV. Info:

- When: TBA
- Where: See above for North and South side rally points.
- Who: HPD, Fearless, XP, BavarianSpeed, NASIOC, NextStage, ShiftPoint, Sun Works, Houston-Imports, EuroAG, and others.
- Why: It's a G-Town Cruise Baby!
- How: Put it in D* and hit the pedal on the right.

V. Gear:

- Full tank of gas. (93-C16)*
- 2 Way Walkie*.
- Radar Dect.
- Scanner.
- Sun glasses.
- SeXXXy Copilot.
- Vid Camera.
- Positive attitude.
- Respect for Imports and Domestics.

Please join HPD for a great G-Town Cruise. You've seen the pics! You've seen the vids! Now become a part of Houston's Elite. How cool do you think it looks when you see C5s, C6s, Z06s, Supras, P-Cars, Cobras, Mustangs, Saleens, Z28s, SS, Vipers, M3s, M5s, M6s, Mercedes, Mini Coopers, G35s/37s, 350Zs, WRXs, EVOs, Lightnings, SRT-8s, SRT-10s, SRT-4s, NSXs, RSXs, and much more! (A few exotics sometimes roll with us)

You don't want to miss this!

Please PM xtc4us if there are any questions or concerns.

HPD Staff."
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:09 PM

thanks for the post
wish there were more driving events over parking lots
Old Apr 10, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

HPD events always turn out great !!
Old Apr 11, 2008, 02:44 PM

Never went to one how is it ?