EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   South Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/south-region-42/)
-   -   Man I was totally outclassed! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/south-region/358572-man-i-totally-outclassed.html)

goofygrin Jul 19, 2008 03:23 PM

Man I was totally outclassed!

I took the kid to the movies this afternoon (Space Chimps, don't bother) and had to get gas after I left (a common theme in the X ;)).

At the three pumps around me were a 911 turbo, maserati coupe and a lamborghini cabrio. I talked to them a bit. The 911 gets around 20mpg. The Lambo gets 13 or so. Pretty sad when a bunch of guys with $100k+ cars at a gas station sit around and talk about their fuel economy :rolleyes:.

As I was pulling out I heard the maserati driver asking the Lambo driver "So fast have you had it?" Sigh.

They obviously had no clue as to what the Evo was either... their loss :lol:

whiteATXevo Jul 19, 2008 04:41 PM

Lucky all I get is people asking me if it's a Oz or Ralliart :(

KevinD Jul 19, 2008 07:57 PM

its fun when you can pull next to one with a huge grin on my face ... like this :D its cause i know something they don't :p

DEVO330 Jul 20, 2008 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by whiteATXevo (Post 5907539)

the most frequent question I get (if they don't turn off in shame:sad: )

"What IS that????"

SilverEvoX Jul 21, 2008 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by KevinD (Post 5907953)
its fun when you can pull next to one with a huge grin on my face ... like this :D its cause i know something they don't :p

I bet the look on their face is pricelss after you roll into the go pedal ;)

Boricua_Evo Jul 21, 2008 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by whiteATXevo (Post 5907539)

That is sad! I get that all the time too. I get what year is your Lancer? Does it come stock with wing and brembos?:rolleyes:

mrMTB Jul 21, 2008 01:24 PM

You know, I've had a rash of people asking something similar to what did it cost me to have the car done up like that. Sad, really.

bcollinstex Jul 21, 2008 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Boricua_Evo (Post 5912499)
That is sad! I get that all the time too. I get what year is your Lancer? Does it come stock with wing and brembos?:rolleyes:

Opposite thing happens to me.
I get super cars and ricers pulling on me all the time.

And I've got a stock looking OZ Lancer.

Go figure.

jesseandruth Jul 21, 2008 01:31 PM

yeah i've seen the lambo around town in mckinney.. that thing is hot.. btw who owns the nsx? i'm new to dallas so trying to find people with cars.

4drboost Jul 21, 2008 01:52 PM

Unfortunately the new Evo X is harder to recognize it from a regular Lancer. It really doesn't bother me.........I'm very happy to keep my Evo at a down low:lol:

goofygrin Jul 21, 2008 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by jesseandruth (Post 5913600)
yeah i've seen the lambo around town in mckinney.. that thing is hot.. btw who owns the nsx? i'm new to dallas so trying to find people with cars.

Um the NSX?

Dude you're in the big leagues now... there are easily 20 lambos here... and NSXes? They are everywhere! Well if you travel in Plano and the burbs they are "everywhere."

Berserker Jul 21, 2008 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by goofygrin (Post 5907363)
...lamborghini cabrio...

Dood. You weren't "outclassed". There's nothing "classy" that. ;)

Ragtop supercars are the most posingest of the poseur-mobiles. :D

Boricua_Evo Jul 21, 2008 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by jesseandruth (Post 5913600)

Dallas, has cars. Wait after work you'll see them everywhere... {thumbup}

Evo_Someday Jul 21, 2008 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by goofygrin (Post 5907363)
They obviously had no clue as to what the Evo was either... their loss :lol:

Well, it was either that or the fact that owners of $100,000 cars don't care how fast your "econobox sedan" is. As far as they're concerned they "pwn" you (and everyone here) in every way.

Ya know what I mean? I get that sometimes.

Kind of in the same way most Evo drivers snub SRT-4 owners. The whole "even if it is fast, it's still a Neon and it sucks" mentality.

mrMTB Jul 21, 2008 07:02 PM

"It doesn't matter how much money you put into that pig, it'll never be a thoroughbred."

"Nope, but it can be one mighty fast pig!"