Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Augusta/Ft Gordon area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwhet5483
Ive got 2 friends that are gonna ride up with me and hang out. Another has a 93 RX7 and will prob come up in his car and run it some.

you gotta get on the track and break that evo in the right way

bring a helmet.

I'm coming by myself, maybe with my buddy with a gt35 talon tsi.....

Good thing we will have some support. I need someone to hold my video cam

any of ya'll interested in the ams tune going on it fayetteville nc? if so, check out the thread in this forum
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:22 PM

Can you rent helmets there? I don't have one here in Augusta... Its at home in Montgomery, Al. I'm def looking forward to getting on the 1320 for the first time in the Evo. AWD is a whole new thing for me though. I'm used to FWD so this will take some practice :P I'm really not looking forward to buying new Advans >.<
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Can you rent helmets there? I don't have one here in Augusta... Its at home in Montgomery, Al. I'm def looking forward to getting on the 1320 for the first time in the Evo. AWD is a whole new thing for me though. I'm used to FWD so this will take some practice :P I'm really not looking forward to buying new Advans >.<

Don't worry about your tires. Your tires will bald more quickly driving around corners than on the track.

And lucky you that your AWD evo is new to you. Because it is soooo easy. I had an srt4 before my evo, and the evo is a hell of a lot easier to get more consistent times without doing burnouts and killing tires like FWD cars.

Stage, 2nd bulbs, REV in first gear while foot is all the way on the throttle, you will stay at the 5K rpm launch rev limiter ,,,

Let the clutch slip a lil, just enough to take pressure off the tranny, and bam, let off the clutch all the way.........."quick slip"

and you will launch and be gone.

If you haven't do it yet, be wary, the first time you feel it, it will scare you ..

My first time with a 1.7-1.8 60 ft'er, was actually on washington rd at the Mcdonalds light. It was an accident and I didn't mean to launch it like that. And the first thing I thought was damn, this **** is bad ***.

However, the best place to practice is at the track.

I remember when I got my car, I practice on a secluded road until I got it down. I suggest that.

So whats the deal anyone wanna do lunch sometime before track thursday ?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

here a video of the launch control

Stock is 5K i believe. mine is at 6K

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68390250128426
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:36 PM

yea ive launched it a few times on the street using that same method.. funny you should mention Washington RD I raped some kid in a brand new STI there at that light in front of Chik-Fila lol... I smelled alot of clutch though which made me ohh so sad :/

What time exactly does the track open?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
I actually am calling them today. I think they have a white one in stock. Not sure what model it is though.
I have bought 2 Evo's from them. Great dealership to buy from
Old Jan 16, 2007, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

yea ive launched it a few times on the street using that same method.. funny you should mention Washington RD I raped some kid in a brand new STI there at that light in front of Chik-Fila lol... I smelled alot of clutch though which made me ohh so sad :/

What time exactly does the track open?

You might smell a lil clutch. Thats normal on a new car. I don't smell mine anymore. Or I am just getting better.

You will have to slip the clutch faster if you smell too much yucky clutch smell
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea you can rent helmets there, i had to one time. it is 5 bucks
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

where is the dirt roads 4 fun on gordon?

I was bored at lunch today
Old Jan 16, 2007, 04:07 PM

Out Range Road where are the TAs are.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 04:59 PM

good to see some Evo folks around Ft Gordon, I left in 01 but who knows might be around and about end of the year.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
where is the dirt roads 4 fun on gordon?

I was bored at lunch today

oh jesus, let me tell you. they are out in the training area. they are so damn wide and completely flat. it is ****in' great. i went out there about three sundays in a row and had a blast everytime. this was back in sept. they are perfect for playing around on. highly recommend looking at them, but i dont think i would go during the week just me. i would definitely go back out there. maybe you guys wanna try it out this sunday. there are a *** load of roads back there to play on.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

saw that nice white evo rolling down wrightsboro today, looking good as always.

just a little side note, be weary of a certain Z28. black car, black windows. if it comes up from behind you may not notice anything abnormal. if you roll up behind it you will definitley catch on quick. i came up behind a RX8, a 944, and this Z28 on the interstate today. i was going to play with the 944 or the z28 and then i noticed the f*ckin' STS kit on the Z28. if you are unaware of what that is, it is a rear mounted turbo kit. good luck if you run him. i decided to just get off at my exit.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joseph k
saw that nice white evo rolling down wrightsboro today, looking good as always.

just a little side note, be weary of a certain Z28. black car, black windows. if it comes up from behind you may not notice anything abnormal. if you roll up behind it you will definitley catch on quick. i came up behind a RX8, a 944, and this Z28 on the interstate today. i was going to play with the 944 or the z28 and then i noticed the f*ckin' STS kit on the Z28. if you are unaware of what that is, it is a rear mounted turbo kit. good luck if you run him. i decided to just get off at my exit.
Oh god, i hope it was me I went to the mall to get my fro cut.........

I'm down for a sunday. probably not this sunday though, but maybe next weekend.......

I guess going during the week is not a good idea. However, are those roads posted "no trespassing?" If they are just dirt roads then the should be accessible for anyone to use. Just curious.

z28 w/ a sts kit? sweet. Bet it isn't as good as the the z06 vette I pulled up beside that said 2 turbos on the tag LOL,,, needless to say, he must of thought I was rice because he wouldn't bite even though I would of had my *** handed to me from a roll.. I think I could of put a car or few on him at the light, but he didn't want to go.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

i have never seen a no trespassing sign. i am not sure if i will be around after this weekend. i am getting out. i do the same thing as that vette when any car comes up beside me that i have no interest in racing. i have ran a couple of z06's from a dig and i am sure they wanted a different car afterwards. hahahahahahah

Quick Reply: Augusta/Ft Gordon area