Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys... too bad no one showed up for standby at the Fate of the Furious movie... I had two "no shows" for the free movie and had to give them to people I never met. We will have some meets coming up as the summer approaches.

The Honeymoon Island BBQ was nice. A small number of Evos showed... but that didn't deter us from having fun. I am well aware that this is a bit far. However, take a moment to view how long ago I started this thread. I used to bend over backwards for people to make it easier for everyone... the Evo owners around Tampa are not easy to please.

Therefore, I kept the annual tradition at Honeymoon Island. Die hards always show. I understand that some Evo owners only believe in "The Spirit of Competition" and have the vinyl to prove it. For you, we have days that we meet at the tracks in St. Pete, Bradenton, and Orlando. There are others that are in it for the cruises. We have several long-distant cruises... one in which we cruise all the Tampa Bay Bridges.

A few of you like to "show off" in smaller cruises. We have brushed all the malls and major shopping areas. Others like to show up early and prepare for judging in official car shows.

Guess what? We, as a community at i4Evo, have done them all. We have small numbers at each event because so many people like different things. However, all together, there are over 200 of us within this community.

So... what do you enjoy about the Mitsubishi Evolution and the culture that comes with it? Let me know and I will arrange something. We have had events from treasure hunts, feeding the homeless, Toys for Tots (evening winning an award once for most toys given), and many other things. We even organized for a wedding.

Our meets are small, but they are worth it. A reason to get out and meet other people with similar interests and goals. A resource to swap or buy parts. A community to grow together with.

Feel free to visit us at facebook.com/i4Evo. If you send me a PM on that page, I will more likely see it FASTER than placing it on this page. Honestly... I often forget to even check this page.

Sorry for the essay. I hope to meet some of you soon!

~ Alex ~
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Me personally just like to hang out and meet fellow car enthusiasts no matter what car you own. I've owned plenty of nice cars and I must say, the evo world has been the most lonely and less friendly out of them all. That being said, I have met a couple of people because of the car and one of them turned out to be one of my best friends now. I would love to meet the local guys with the same car be it a meet or cruise etc. Thing is with these cars sometimes you don't trust it to go that far from home lol. I will try to make it to the next one. Hopefully it is closer.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 01:25 PM

Cool. Although our Annual "EVOLUTION: ESCAPE" is held at Honeymoon Island, there are other meets. We have a Tijuana Flats meet coming up in May where we just meet at lunch on a Saturday and shoot the breeze.

I can see why you would say that the Evo world is lonely and less friendly. I think it is because no one ever really took initiative to fan the flame enough for the fire to burn, proverbially.

If you keep up with the FB page, you will be "in the know." I hope you get to meet some of us and start participating in local meets. We started as an "All Evo" community, but we appreciate all cars.

If you don't use FB, that's cool. I will just try to monitor this site a little more often.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

that's cool man...I don't have Facebook but use my moms every now and then when I want to buy, sell, or trade parts. I'll check out your page. I usually go to local mess with my buddies but I only see 1 or 2 evo 8/9 here and there besides mine and for some reason most owners are not very friendly. I look forward to meeting you guys, checking out the cars, and trading some knowledge here and there.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Keep us posted.

in another unrelated note, I'm selling my 245 40 R 18 Yokohama Advan A13. They only have 4,100 miles on them, 3 are perfect condition and one had a puncture.

selling all 4 for $300. Will do a sale post later today when they are out, just wanted to see if anyone was interested on them.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sale-wheels-tires/739631-3x-yokohama-advan-a13c-used-4-100-300-a.html#post11734531

Last edited by NinjaX; Apr 29, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:46 PM

Tampa Area Threads-photo4.jpg

...so... interest is rising in bringing back our monthly Tijuana Flats meet. Since some of you don't follow us on Facebook (or even use Facebook), I thought I'd post it here to gauge interest. There are a few new Evo owners that are feeling the need for a meet... what do you say...? #i4Evo #Evo7
Old May 20, 2017, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Driving to Orlando in a few if anyone is on the way to the import event.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

what import event?
Old May 20, 2017, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't heard of any
Old Jun 3, 2017, 06:00 AM

Tampa Area Threads-photo875.jpg

Hello everyone. My Evo is getting a few, much needed repairs. I cancelled the June meet and will post up the July meet in a few days.

Summer is almost "officially" upon us. Anyone have any big plans...?

#i4Evo #Evo7
The following users liked this post:
KRome (Jun 16, 2017)
Old Jun 10, 2017, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Spotted your evo or a similar one on Pier 60 Clear water
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Checking in.

Anyone here live east of I-75? Seen a handful of X's and only 3 8/9's. Color of the CT9A's were black, blue and yellow.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 04:08 AM

Hello everyone! My Evo is out of the shop and ready to mingle... what’s happening this weekend?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

we should do a Tampa meet and cruise ��
Old Jun 17, 2017, 06:20 PM

It’s been my experience organizing meets and cruises in Tampa Bay for the past 6 years that June is the worst month to plan such things. People tend not to bring their Evos out during the rainy season. I’m always down for a casual cruise through the streets of the Greater Tampa Bay, though. 😇

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads