Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Unbolt the shaft from the chassis at the center so it has enough play to pull off the transfer case, then bolt it back up just enough so that it isn't hanging with no support.
The following users liked this post:
KRome (Apr 18, 2019)
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Alright, I'm on it right now.

BTW forewarning for everyone. I used to get decent prices on parts from Brandon Kia/Mitsu Dealer but lately they really ****ed me on this seal.

They said they would get it in 2 days and charged me 26 dollars for it. I figured the price is fine since its less than 2 day shipping.

Well they didn't tell me it was ordered from California and took an extra 4 days to get here. I was beyond PISSED. Never going through them again.

Buy from mitsubishipartswarehouse its the online version of the parts department from RC Hill Mitsu in DeLand. Those guys are straight up and the prices are list prices. Same freaking seal was 10 dollars from them plus 8 dollars for shipping.

Also, if you shop eBay the guys over at Daytona Kia/Mitsu are the ****, they got good pricing as well, just bought an OEM oil pump for under 300 dollars shipped to my house for my sleeved engine build on the side.

Just some FYI for the locals here. Stay away from the parts guys at Brandon Kia/Mitsu...
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Im leaving work in like 15 minutes. I live in the Brandon area and can guide you some(sorry cant stay that long). PM me if you havent already took a jab at it yet.
The following users liked this post:
KRome (Apr 18, 2019)
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
Im leaving work in like 15 minutes. I live in the Brandon area and can guide you some(sorry cant stay that long). PM me if you havent already took a jab at it yet.
Oh it's all good brother. I think I got a handle on it. Its just my right shoulder has been giving me issues these last few months and I haven't figured out as to why. Of course the military won't tell me lol.

I figured it would be straight forward to get it out, I think I'll use my extra jack stands to support it so I don't have to strain my shoulder bringing it down.

Thank you though!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Okie doke. But yes should be pretty simple. I think there is 4 bolts/nuts holding the driveshaft together. Once the 4 are out, you can just slide the driveshaft yolks out of the rear of the transfercase.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by KRome
Alright, I'm on it right now.

BTW forewarning for everyone. I used to get decent prices on parts from Brandon Kia/Mitsu Dealer but lately they really ****ed me on this seal.

They said they would get it in 2 days and charged me 26 dollars for it. I figured the price is fine since its less than 2 day shipping.

Well they didn't tell me it was ordered from California and took an extra 4 days to get here. I was beyond PISSED. Never going through them again.

Buy from mitsubishipartswarehouse its the online version of the parts department from RC Hill Mitsu in DeLand. Those guys are straight up and the prices are list prices. Same freaking seal was 10 dollars from them plus 8 dollars for shipping.

Also, if you shop eBay the guys over at Daytona Kia/Mitsu are the ****, they got good pricing as well, just bought an OEM oil pump for under 300 dollars shipped to my house for my sleeved engine build on the side.

Just some FYI for the locals here. Stay away from the parts guys at Brandon Kia/Mitsu...
good info bud...my buddy used them twice and twice they ****ed up his order.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

I never had issues with the parts department. But I did get my airbag initial recall done there. They left a quarter sized gash on my door exposing the metal. They denied everything...
Old Apr 27, 2019, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
So apparently the Gandy and Courtney Campbell are the places to be Saturday nights. Y'all ever been? Thinking about checking it out.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
So apparently the Gandy and Courtney Campbell are the places to be Saturday nights. Y'all ever been? Thinking about checking it out.
Not sure how it is now, but when I was younger those places was where you went to get arrested and act like idiots. No one kept their cool and they would cause traffic back ups to set up a street race.

I just avoid public meets as much as possible nowadays. I keep to myself and do my own car thing. I just feel that the "new" generation of the car community is drastically different than the early-mid 2000's.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Well that doesn't sound fun at all. I'm all for some good old fashioned fun, but not when it involves idiots.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Well that doesn't sound fun at all. I'm all for some good old fashioned fun, but not when it involves idiots.
If you ask me, I would honestly love to do what my tuner does pretty often. He just invites people over and mostly everyone is an Evo owner and we hang out and do our own thing from there.

I wouldn't mind hosting an Evo owners day/night, chill, hang out and then go out for a drive to f*** around, lol.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

I'm all about that. Did that all the time back in WA and HI. Used to have cookouts at my place then we'd cruise the island and some nights get into shenanigans up in the pineapple fields or down in Kapolei.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; Apr 27, 2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Exactly like krome said. I used to go out there to handy when I was younger and it was a bunch of drama and bs. I also just keep to myself now and rather just hang out with my buddy who also has an evo. Somehow when you become a dad and a family man you start to think twice about doing dumb ****. I’m down to hang out if we can do some what of a meet one day.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Courtney, Gandy, and even 4th St. used to be awesome years ago. Now days its 90% ricers in their single cam open header civics blasting spanish music, 8% actually nice cars but the owners behave like ricers, and 2% nice/fast cars with respectable owners. Also the 2% never race because the other 98% are hooning, doing ricer fly-bys and burnouts which gets the cops to come break up the meet within 45 minutes of the meet organizing. The ricer takeover killed it for me and my friends, haven't been in a few years.
Old May 3, 2019, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

I checked out the Quaker Steak meet on Monday and it was pretty damn awesome. I'm sure most have been but if not it was worth the drive from Riverview.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; May 4, 2019 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads