EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Southeast Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/southeast-region-43/)
-   -   Tampa Area Threads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/southeast-region/530867-tampa-area-threads.html)

HISEVO7 Dec 22, 2010 04:44 PM

Tampa Area Threads

Why do all the Tampa area threads die...? You would almost think that EVOs were extinct when you drive around Tampa. I saw one today and almost did a U-turn to catch up to him... if it wasn't for the fact that I was headed somewhere already!!!

One person mentioned that EVOs get stolen in Tampa... that's a scary thought! Either way, here I am... just looking to link up with other EVOs maybe for a New Years Day cruise or some other day...

...post if you're interested!!! :mitsu:

Cyloc Dec 23, 2010 02:35 PM

Most of the guys in Tampa do not post in here. They tend to stay on Tampa Racing. Most of the reason is bc Tampa is a street racing city. Where as this site condemns Street racing. The mention of street racing here can get you banned. But that is what TR and Grab-A-Lane are for.

As for evos getting stolen. It does happen. No where near as much as hondas. There are more evos getting cut up there. People get in over there heads....and chop chop.

my-wrx-broke Dec 26, 2010 05:37 PM

There's no Evos here. They can not get stolen because there are none here. They can not be involved in street racing because there are none here. Really, there are none here.

Also, stay far, far away from Crown Mitsubishi.

EvoG8r Dec 28, 2010 02:47 PM

I live here. There are about 10 Evos on MacDill AFB in South Tampa... so they do exist. One of the mechanics at S&R performance as a red Evo X. There is another guy with a red Evo X that works at B of A on Gandy in South Tampa.

They exist, but go to Tampa Racing for more local guys.

BTW - I would love to see your Evo 7.

HISEVO7 Dec 29, 2010 07:49 AM

I am always up to a meet and greet. I live by the University. My wife has an Evo 8... most of the time, we are the only two Evos that people see around here!

:mitsu:

Cyloc Dec 30, 2010 02:48 AM

There are usually 1 to 2 AWD meets a year in the Tampa area. Also Procco from Orlando does a big meet once a year.

BTW I can not wait to get back down south. Moving back tomorrow.

MEVOLV3 Dec 30, 2010 05:03 AM

St Pete has a half-a-dozen or so evo's, I only see them in traffic now and again

Originally Posted by my-wrx-broke (Post 8940249)

Tell me more...

HISEVO7 Dec 30, 2010 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by my-wrx-broke (Post 8940249)

Where is Crown Mitsu and what's wrong with them...?

Originally Posted by Cyloc (Post 8948525)
BTW I can not wait to get back down south. Moving back tomorrow.

Have a safe trip! We just drove back from GA to Tampa. Light traffic and no cops equals lots of fun!!! :mitsu:

Cyloc Dec 31, 2010 11:39 AM

I am driving from NY to tampa. My wife is driving my evo. While her broken DSM is on the trailer behind the moving truck. But I will have my dog in the truck with me.

HISEVO7 Jan 2, 2011 05:24 PM

^^^Hope you had a safe trip. Let us know if you are down to cruise. I bet a can round up one or two other EVOs to join us!!! (plus my wife owns an Evo also) :mitsu:

Cyloc Jan 7, 2011 07:42 AM

OK...We are back in the Tampa area. Trip is too damn long. But everything went well. Now we just have to settle back in.

HISEVO7 Jan 7, 2011 08:13 AM

Hooray! I had a similar drive from Houston to Columbus GA. The first part of the trip was cake. When I got half way through Alabama, it seemed to go on forever!!!

Welcome back to Tampa!!!

my-wrx-broke Jan 8, 2011 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by MEVOLV3 (Post 8948601)

Tell me more...

It's still ongoing......

LapDance Jan 8, 2011 07:53 PM

are there any reputable tuners in tampa? I might be gettign stationed in clearwater and need someone I can trust to tune my baby =)

HISEVO7 Jan 8, 2011 10:02 PM

Get with Oximuis. He knows a shop in Tampa that specializes in EVOs. There is also a shop on Fowler and 56th that specializes in Supras but has many Evo tunes under their belt. :mitsu: