Notices

RubberDuckey Waxing Service ? :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RubberDuckey Waxing Service ? :)

I will keep this brief but its something that should be brought front and center for those who are aware of the Mitsubishi paint issues. Its unlikely, and unfortunate that Mitsubishi hasnt addressed this issue year after year, so its in everyones own hands to be extra vigilant when it comes to taking care of their paint.

But when I started asking some of the experts in the industry what can I do to minimize paint chips? How can i prevent my paint from changing color? How do I protect my white car paint from being attacked by rail dust, rust streaking? And my personal favorite. My Black paint on my lancer looks like Dog S#*(# . What is up? Or I see these spider web lines in my black paint Whats that?

If you have questions like this, it means there has already been damage done to your car or lol you picked the worst color to maintain.

The number one answer that has come back that rises above things like mudflaps, or 3M plastic films is Wax. The sad thing is, not many people look into it, or think shelling out 200 dollars for a full detail and wax is just not justifiable.

But no matter who i asked in the industry, everyone told me, Wax is just about the best way of protecting your paint job, and it makes your car look damn good too.

Recently I had rubberduckey help me out with some waxing and the results are are amazing.

See for yourself.

BEFORE

AFTER

You can read my run on rant about waxing here on the blog http://www.evosoul.com/blog/?p=617

But to get straight to the point, we are considering actually having Rubberduckey offer the service of waxing for our members. For a cost that comes in very very inexpensive and will make you look like a million bucks.

stay tuned
Old Aug 3, 2009, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is very very swirly/spider webby LOL. It's not just black, that's fo sho.

I'd be down for this if it's cheap enough.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'm down right now, how much? I've been wanting to do this for a minute, but I didn't want to hand wax it and I don't have a buffer. Holla at me RD!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Price is still up for debate, factoring in, his wash and prep of the car, (water) wax and cleaning products, and his time.

I think it can be done for under 100 bucks.. what do you think RubberDuckey?

Actually I think he is out of town till tomorrow. so he cant respond just yet
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:22 PM

Is he trying to start up a business doin this or is it more, he knows how to do it and is willing to hook-up fellow club members for some compensation? I do have a reason for asking, but dont wanna get into it until i know if he's tryin to make it a business, to avoid the car waxing version of a cockblock lol
Old Aug 4, 2009, 06:29 AM

Was suggesting this to him the other day. Definitely would give him my business. Wonder if he would be up for a clay bar workout.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by phuknrht
Is he trying to start up a business doin this or is it more, he knows how to do it and is willing to hook-up fellow club members for some compensation? I do have a reason for asking, but dont wanna get into it until i know if he's tryin to make it a business, to avoid the car waxing version of a cockblock lol
not sure what your getting at.

There is no hostage taking when it comes to the car club. People are free to get there car waxed upgraded or serviced where ever they want. Hell if someone else wants to wax cars thats fine. But Rubberduckey has passed the smell test and he has demonstrated competence in the area of car care and paint.

He has my endorsement.

If he decides to do this as a business thats fine, if not and he does it for the goodness of his heart thats fine too. but if your going to make a WOW style arguement about its bad to force people to pay cause it benefits the organizing or something strange lol then lets not go there. lol

But to be honest, I am not sure what difference it would make?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 08:45 AM

i'd be interested in this. would he do my car if its not a lancer???? lol.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

don't think he would mind.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rontam90
i'd be interested in this. would he do my car if its not a lancer???? lol.
he did my friend Annas car, it was so friggin shinny it was amzing. Honda Accord

he wouldnt mind
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

lmao rontam

it does look good! good job Ducky
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:44 PM

interested aswell depending where rubberducky is located. let me know if this is happening.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
not sure what your getting at.

There is no hostage taking when it comes to the car club. People are free to get there car waxed upgraded or serviced where ever they want. Hell if someone else wants to wax cars thats fine. But Rubberduckey has passed the smell test and he has demonstrated competence in the area of car care and paint.

He has my endorsement.

If he decides to do this as a business thats fine, if not and he does it for the goodness of his heart thats fine too. but if your going to make a WOW style arguement about its bad to force people to pay cause it benefits the organizing or something strange lol then lets not go there. lol

But to be honest, I am not sure what difference it would make?

No its nothing like that, I just have a couple buddies that have a mobile detail business, do amazing work and are cheeeap (mobile so there's less overhead to worry bout) and I didn't want to go advertising the competition if he was trying to this as a business... Just supporting fellow club member.. Otherwise I can pass along the website info and what not to the club or u if ur interested in trying to get some sort of TLC deal or whatever..
Old Aug 5, 2009, 01:47 PM

i've waxed my car twice since i got the car...

right when it was nice enough to wash the car on my driveway

i did the meguiars process
1. paint cleaner
2. car polish
3. wax

my car felt so smooth and buttery it was awesome...

and to remove my rail dust off my white car

i claybared it....

it works wonders

it's just a long tedious process
Old Aug 5, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

spent 4 hrs washing and waxing my car today...

YOU GUYS BETTER TURN UP @ MEET! hahahah after all that **** haha

anyways i had to hand wax..next time im def paying rubberducky to do it...i 4got how LONG AND TIRING it is hah

Quick Reply: RubberDuckey Waxing Service ? :)