Notices

TLC 2010 Dyno Event, what do you want to see in it

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 09:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TLC 2010 Dyno Event, what do you want to see in it

We finally have a solution / fix for our Canadian ECU issue for this event. So now we will be able to run with a USA spec to ensure our results are not affected by our laggy learning ECU.

a 2.0L lancer manual has been confirmed and we are still working on getting a 2.4L lancer.

Earlier this year we had the chance to test our Intake options for the EVO X and Lancer, for those who were there for the dyno day looking to see what net effect gains were on the lancer got a rude shock.

"0 gain" "wow, both intakes" "WTF" were the common words. But we knew something else was wrong.... After alot of research and further rounds and rounds of dyno testing, we realized that the Canadian ECU has a very very very slow adaptable learning curve. In directly translation... It doesnt learn like a normal car. It doesnt attempt to run aggressive in timing nore fuel mix when pressed.

We first thought it was a bug, but then learned that it was programmed like this by design to ummm comply with environmental emission standards. To simplify. The ECU will put more importance to the longer term average than the quick adapting of real time conditions. For those who are well versed with the open loop closed loop data stuff might know what that means.

I and a few were disappointed with the dyno results, but it was our mobil 1 sponsor that said. "If we never did an event like this, no one would have a firm grasp of the problem" So they believed it was a success. And for sure, they are sticking around for supporting a Mobil 1 Sponsored Round two.

A full day line up will be posted once I have the comments confirmed by the donating vendors. EVO X, RalliArt and Lancer Products.

In the mean time. We wanted to get feedback to see what tests we can do that Lancer guys want to see. Before we turn it loose on the whole community we wanted to know what the TLC club wants.

What is already planned in the test (talking about lancer related tests only)

1) INJEN 2.0L Intake (test on a 2.0L engine)
2) INJEN 2.0L Intake (test on a 2.4L engine)
3) INJEN 2.4L Intake (test on a 2.4L engine)
4 AEM 2.0L Intake (test on the 2.0)
5) Greddy V2 (2.0L test)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails TLC 2010 Dyno Event, what do you want to see in it-n512931733_498803_9516.jpg  
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan on buying a Injen CAI for my 2.0 SE so seeing what gains on it would be awesome
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

I would gladly test the comparison of CAI on my Ralliart for a dyno, I have an MXP testpipe and it would be cool to see how much a cat actually resists the power
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:31 AM

Seeing the difference between no exhaust, axle back exhaust and cat back exhaust would be interesting. I also wouldn't mind seeing a few drop in filters and the RRM intake to :P
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

i wana see my car on the dyno
Old Nov 5, 2009, 05:55 AM

Depending on when it is, I may be able to help out.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mobil 1 is crafting their budget this month, so depending on how that goes, we will either have an expanded mandate for testing, or something simple like we did last time.

target is Jan to feb like last year.

also we are talking to a few vendors to get hardware sent our way