Notices

Where to buy brake pads and rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_soul
While I agree with you on most points. The thing about value judgments is that different people have different tolerances to pricing variation. Saving 10 or 20 bucks is great, but how much time and effort is required to get it. Examples like Canadian tire is a double edge sword. They bring supply to the market. When your in a jam you go there because they will always have what you are looking for on the shelf. If its too expensive, thats up to you. But if you are in a jam, I am pretty sure you going to pay whatever to get the part you desire. Its almost impossible to get the best price available. We always buy something and say, "damn if I had only waited or looked around harder I would have saved XXXX dollars." Unfortunately the factor at play is here is time. After being in the middle of the automotive industry and see how its changing, it makes me laugh. I run into guys all the time that come in to a shop and say the price is too expensive, I can buy it online for this price. The factor that makes me laugh is. Do they have it on the shelf.

An example I hear the other day was fun. Guy walks in to a shop and says "I can buy this this exhaust in Quebec for $400 dollars, your price of 450 is too high" the shop owner says "sorry the price is the price, but good luck ordering that exhaust, cause i have the last batch that was made by the Manufacturer. Make sure they have it on the shelf." Customer walked out and 2 weeks later comes back in saying he wants to buy the exhaust. The price is now $475. And the customer says, What kind of Russel Peters *#$#& is this? The price went up? Your a crook!

I was standing in the shop and hear everything go down, and I kinda started to laugh.
I talked to the owner afterwards when the customer left. And the shop owner asked me, "This is the kinda stuff I have to deal with everyday, do people understand that I run a business and my costs do not stay the same. Why do they think prices are set in stone?"

Now I think this is an example up for debate. Who is wrong here, The customer or the store owner? There is no wrong answer... (I am not pointing this question at you TheNEWB, just throwing it up there as a topic on prices) I am going to start a separate thread so we don't highjack this thread.
O no problem, i agree with you there. But It comes down to, why do certain vendors sell for $400 while others want $450? Simple some vendors are better at dealing in bulk and can keep the same profit margins that smaller vendors can simply not touch.

I mean take a look at Sean@DSG, the guy can push a ton of product for a great price and people on the forums love him (e-specially evox forums) why, because he offers Canadians a great price for the same item vendor B in another part of the country wants $50-100 more for.

I personally love dealing with Fredbeansparts, they have given me nothing but great customer service and amazing prices over and over. Me and a friend of mine built up our evos shopping exclusively with them.

Now that the girlfriend has a ralliart (STOCK CAR- FOR YOU MITSUBISHI CORPORATE TROLLS) all of our maintenance Items come from Fredbeans because again, they offer the best prices for the exact same items.

Hell a 4L bottle of SST fluid is $112 dollars at fredbeans, what does it cost here? Try $200+

I dont disagree with you at all, some customers are total fing tools. Hell I heard of one tool calling up my friend asking if he could "rent" his OEM Enkei Rims with BfGoodrich R1 Tires for a track day.................. thats the kind of cheap bastard penny pinching sheet i cant handle.

Live long and spend $$ its what keeps our economies going