Notices

Where to buy brake pads and rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy brake pads and rotors?

Hey guys,
My 08gts is getting up there in age now and everything is completely wearing out. My brake pads that I bought just last year has already worn out. Does anyone know a cheap place to get brake pads and rotors?

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:31 PM

dude when you drivng lancer don't cheap out man.. for your safely... not wonder peoples don;t know how to asnwer your question.. i got my for jrp.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

give sean persad a call at peak performace, or call sean myers from jrp and get a quote
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:31 PM

we sell parts at my shop. ac delco parts
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:41 PM

Hey as LancerTZ said don't cheap out on brakes ever, that is your life and other peoples lives on the line there. I personally recommend StopTech as a brand there pads are great and rotors are excellent.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stoptechs work great. Rotors have an excellent service life. Pads are awesome because they are all squeal free and bite well
Old Nov 12, 2011, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the input guys. When I wrote cheap, I meant where I can get a decent set for a good price. I'll take a look into JRP and peak performance.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackGTS
Thanks for the input guys. When I wrote cheap, I meant where I can get a decent set for a good price. I'll take a look into JRP and peak performance.
Fredbeans parts for pads,
Partsman in Oshawa for rotors.

I would like to see anyone here even come close to their pricing.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheNEWB
Fredbeans parts for pads,
Partsman in Oshawa for rotors.

I would like to see anyone here even come close to their pricing.
Too easy lol
Old Nov 13, 2011, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

I feel a side rant coming on:

I think in today's era, too much emphasis is made on cheapest price. To be honest I think that is what is wrong with the world we live in today. Its sad that things like service and quality are not higher on the list.

Its this cheaper price hunt that is responsible for the fact that all brakes are made in china and not here in the USA or Canada.

end rant lol

The comment isnt made towards any of the brands mentioned above. Just a general comment on price.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
I feel a side rant coming on:

I think in today's era, too much emphasis is made on cheapest price. To be honest I think that is what is wrong with the world we live in today. Its sad that things like service and quality are not higher on the list.

Its this cheaper price hunt that is responsible for the fact that all brakes are made in china and not here in the USA or Canada.

end rant lol

The comment isnt made towards any of the brands mentioned above. Just a general comment on price.
What about the same part but cheaper.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by laksman91
I sit in two different chairs. My consumer opinion would say, lower prices great.

But after working in the industry, I would say, lower prices arent always good. The problem North America faces is that the JOBBER (small store) is being blown away. I guess everyone was right about globalization. Sad truth is, the distance between manufacturer and end user is getting smaller.

The net effect is more and more shops going under and disappearing and creating problems when it comes to supply and demand. Supply is certainly out there. But the biggest issue here is no one in our local market is keeping stuff on the shelf. Less shops actually have the parts for your car right there. Its turned into this thing where, you pick up the phone and track down who has it.

Price is great, but if supply is f*#$ up.. what good is it.

I see people come in to the shop all the time and tell me oh the price is too expensive. they have their play book in their hand and say, "look right here, I can get it at this price"

My favorite thing to say is... "go right ahead"

they tend to not think about the actual cost of getting here, and the waiting time. All to save 15 percent. They walk away from the thing on the shelf and decide to wait 3 weeks and 15 percent.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that, our market is going to get worse. Manufacturers themselves are not even stocking their own product properly. There are huge wait times for filling back orders from overseas production.

sigh... things are just going to keep getting worse.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by laksman91
That is a different rant that is related.

Cheaper isn't better in the macro view of things. Classic example. Cobb is very similar to apple. They have pricing aggreements which is the way to properly do it. While prices aren't the cheapest. It prevents dealers from getting into a knife fight and bastardizing the product / brand.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:25 PM

Out of curiosity for when I will need to eventually replace my pads, etc. How much does a set of the Stop Tech's run for the 08 Lancer?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LIVEEVIL
Out of curiosity for when I will need to eventually replace my pads, etc. How much does a set of the Stop Tech's run for the 08 Lancer?
Retail is around 100 dollars per disc for slotted rotors and pads are around 70 to 80 for the front and less than 50 dollars for the rear.

Quick Reply: Where to buy brake pads and rotors?