Notices

4WStuning:::Evo 8/9 Stock Replacment Tubular Manifold!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:08 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice manifold. Now with all the Red and Black turbo owners looking for better boost control, why hasnt this been made yet?
Name:  DSC_0067-1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  37.4 KB

Last edited by CMB; Feb 25, 2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:20 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Looking at some wastegates this looks compact and flows well.

The best people have come up with is putting a WG on the pipe of an o2 dump setup, which KILLS the twin scroll obviously... Either JesseB does it or Full Race, Shearer, or ETS will. Lets see whos first. Out of all the stock mannys avaiable this is the best looking and most affordable and uses the 1.25 piping that makes most sense for those up to 650 HP
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a matter of time! It is on the drawing board along with many other unique parts!

Once we're closer to a release date I'll post more information.

Cheers!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CMB
Looking at some wastegates this looks compact and flows well.

The best people have come up with is putting a WG on the pipe of an o2 dump setup, which KILLS the twin scroll obviously... Either JesseB does it or Full Race, Shearer, or ETS will. Lets see whos first. Out of all the stock mannys avaiable this is the best looking and most affordable and uses the 1.25 piping that makes most sense for those up to 650 HP
Question for you...

Why does it kill the twin scroll? Reason I ask is because I am going to buy the MAP downpipe O2 elim with the external wastegate for my FP Black for better boost control.

-Bink
Old Feb 25, 2010, 07:12 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by binky
Question for you...

Why does it kill the twin scroll? Reason I ask is because I am going to buy the MAP downpipe O2 elim with the external wastegate for my FP Black for better boost control.

-Bink
Bink, in the setup you mentioned you will be removing the wastegate flapper thus combining both sides. With my suggestion you would be welding the flapper shut keeping the twin scroll as it was.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CMB are you talking something like this. Another peace jesseb made for forward facing but i mean like for stock frame just same concept

Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CMB
Bink, in the setup you mentioned you will be removing the wastegate flapper thus combining both sides. With my suggestion you would be welding the flapper shut keeping the twin scroll as it was.
CMB-

Sorry I guess I don't quite understand why it makes a difference. I mean its still a twin scroll, is there anyway you could elaborate on it?

Thanks

-Bink
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:41 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
CMB are you talking something like this. Another peace jesseb made for forward facing but i mean like for stock frame just same concept

Yes, but it would have to be plumbed from both sides of the scroll as in my pic..The fabbers know what im saying.

Bink I really described it in my post as best as I could. With the flapper door gone both exhaust pulses will be combining one scroll with the other making it less effective in terms of the twin scroll. See?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

i get ya but lets start with getting better stock frame manifolds in general to the market. LOL besides your ideal is more money to a build lol i want to get this monster together first and enjoy what i have before i worry about another concept manifold sounds like a great ideal of course. If you want to pay for its creation it can be arranged for now Go Mona Lisa
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CMB
Yes, but it would have to be plumbed from both sides of the scroll as in my pic..The fabbers know what im saying.

Bink I really described it in my post as best as I could. With the flapper door gone both exhaust pulses will be combining one scroll with the other making it less effective in terms of the twin scroll. See?
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I can understand what you mean. My next question is - how ineffective can a O2 waste-gate be if its the same downpipe Tom Powell used to run 9's with the Black? Am I going to notice a difference?

I guess my question is, should I NOT buy the MAP downpipe?

Thanks again

-Bink
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I can understand what you mean. My next question is - how ineffective can a O2 waste-gate be if its the same downpipe Tom Powell used to run 9's with the Black? Am I going to notice a difference?

Thanks again

-Bink

nobody is going to "bash" another vendors products no matter how overpriced, not needed, etc it might be take it to pms. he has explained the reason behind it.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
nobody is going to "bash" another vendors products no matter how overpriced, not needed, etc it might be take it to pms. he has explained the reason behind it.
Fair enough

-Bink
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks again

-Bink
First off let me say that is one sexy manifold, PM sent Secondly, I believe what CMB is trying to say is that an external wastegate off of the manifold (with both of the runner "pairs" combined) would be the best option for boost control, and I have to agree but it certainly isn't cheap. Some feel that by removing the flapper on the turbine housing, thus allowing the wastegate gases from both "scrolls" to combine causes turbulence, but that has yet to be seen in our testing or on Tom's car. You also have to consider that the tubing to the wastegate flange on the manifold will also allow for reversion or turbulence...
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
First off let me say that is one sexy manifold, PM sent Secondly, I believe what CMB is trying to say is that an external wastegate off of the manifold (with both of the runner "pairs" combined) would be the best option for boost control, and I have to agree but it certainly isn't cheap. Some feel that by removing the flapper on the turbine housing, thus allowing the wastegate gases from both "scrolls" to combine causes turbulence, but that has yet to be seen in our testing or on Tom's car. You also have to consider that the tubing to the wastegate flange on the manifold will also allow for reversion or turbulence...
Thanks for chiming in Chris

I still think I am going to go with your downpipe as I feel it is currently the best option to control boost, not to mention the downpipe is sexy as hell

Wish I had the money for a sweet manifold like this one too....

-Bink
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

The wastegate HAS to be divided all the way to valve, no if's and's or but's...otherwise you will lose some spool and response. I've also tested 1 gate vs. 2 gates and 2 gates is def the 100% correct way to optimize things and has gains, or should i say no losses.

I really don't understand why people compare everything to record breaking drag cars on here...

Quick Reply: 4WStuning:::Evo 8/9 Stock Replacment Tubular Manifold!