Notices

MAPerformance Releases Short Runner Tubular Stock Replacement Manifold For $449.99!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
MAPerformance Releases Short Runner Tubular Stock Replacement Manifold For $449.99!!!

Our new tubular stock replacement exhaust manifold is made of high quality mandrel bent SUS304 stainless steel and electronically tig welded at all joints. This manifold was designed to retain your factory turbo orientation and is backed by a full one year warranty. The shorter length runners help to increase spool while still allowing for big power gains up top, you will not find a higher quality manifold for the price.

Limited time introductory pricing is $449.99 Shipped
(Advanced Ceramic Coating Options Are Available for $90)
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am using this on my FP Black setup and love it. Great piece at a great price!
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Looks nice. How does it compare to the ported stock manifold in spool and peak power?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DvlInDskyz
I am using this on my FP Black setup and love it. Great piece at a great price!
Do you have any installed pics sir? That would be great!
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sscottttt
Looks nice. How does it compare to the ported stock manifold in spool and peak power?
We brought two of these in for testing and before we could even get them installed on a test car they were sold! I would really like to know this answer as well, I'm expecting decent gains throughout the power band without a significant affect on spool
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I happen to be one of those guys that snagged up this beautiful piece of hardware before they hit the shelfs. Here is a pic after about 1500 miles on it. It turned an awesome multicolor like on many motorbikes. As far as how it compares to stock ported mani, I could not say but on my 2.3L that you guys at MAP built for me, my FPBlack seems to spool very fast right near how my FPgreen on my old 2.0 did with the stock manifold. I love it! I put down 510WHP on MAPs dynojet at only 26psi. I have to get may car back down there to get the final tune and turn up the boost now the motor's is broke in. I can not wait to see what she'll turn out!

Check out the Dyno and more of the build and pics here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...o-build-2.html

This is a must buy for any stock frame turbo with the price/performance.

Good luck and happy sales!
Attached Thumbnails MAPerformance Releases Short Runner Tubular Stock Replacement Manifold For 9.99!!!-1019000939.jpg  
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, definitely interested after some more before and after dyno sheets start popping up.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, great work MAP. Very interested to see some results using this piece.

Affordable + gains = awesome!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I like it but how much is lost with not having equal length?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by High_PSI
I like it but how much is lost with not having equal length?
There are differing opinions out there, but the general consensus is that on a twin scroll application equal length is of little importance as the companion cylinders fire 180 degrees apart negating the benefits. And if you notice the companion runners are of similar length so there should be little interference between the pulses.

Additionally, anyone that would be able to have some before and after dyno testing performed with this product please contact me as we are willing to offer a substantial discount for your efforts!

Last edited by ChrisCarey; Oct 19, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
There are differing opinions out there, but the general consensus is that on a twin scroll application equal length is of little importance as the companion cylinders fire 180 degrees apart negating the benefits. And if you notice the companion runners are of similar length so there should be little interference between the pulses.
So the Equal Length is better but you wouldn't lose sleep over it?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by High_PSI
So the Equal Length is better but you wouldn't lose sleep over it?
The purpose of equal length is to keep the exhaust pulses evenly spaced for the best performance. When dealing with a single scroll application you have to deal with 4 exhaust pulses potentially interfering with each other, while a twin scroll application only has two exhaust pulses per scroll that are 180 degrees apart. Until I see testing that proves otherwise I am sticking to my opinion that equal length manifolds on a twin scroll application are unnecessary.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see a trend here!

The o2 housing is half the price of the manifold. I don't understand that.

-Jalal
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

I just changed the O2 housing price to $174.99
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
The purpose of equal length is to keep the exhaust pulses evenly spaced for the best performance. When dealing with a single scroll application you have to deal with 4 exhaust pulses potentially interfering with each other, while a twin scroll application only has two exhaust pulses per scroll that are 180 degrees apart. Until I see testing that proves otherwise I am sticking to my opinion that equal length manifolds on a twin scroll application are unnecessary.
I would agree with this on a Stock VIII or IX turbo but not the bigger FP models. I bet the equal length units would help on topend as shown with the Full Race Unit.

Quick Reply: MAPerformance Releases Short Runner Tubular Stock Replacement Manifold For $449.99!!!