Notices

EnglishRacing now offers 8/9 ACD tuning

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by silverevo05
Any updates on people that had this done?

any excessive wear on parts due to the upgrade? on track and DD

any negatives to speak of?

sounds really promising though no posts on it since oct
I've already posted my thoughts on it, but I haven't seen any negatives and immediately started shaving large chunks of time on the track. I highly recommend their tune. Also worth mentioning they had good customer service, kept in touch about the progress and tracking of the ACD.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by silverevo05
Any updates on people that had this done?

any excessive wear on parts due to the upgrade? on track and DD

any negatives to speak of?

sounds really promising though no posts on it since oct
none here either. it is really surprising the difference it makes on throttle lift-turn in. in theory your front tires should wear less, no?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just did the rear diff re-stack and was looking into this. What is the cost and can u do it in the car or do I need to remove it?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sssr20det510
I just did the rear diff re-stack and was looking into this. What is the cost and can u do it in the car or do I need to remove it?
http://www.shopenglishracing.com/Evo...CD-Tuning.html

can't wait to try this out with the setup changes i've made this year
Old Apr 26, 2015, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Just ran my first competition event with the Evo set up properly. The car moves around very, very nicely and each ACD setting is a significant change from the other. For me, in an autox setting, I'm overall getting a lot more rotation from the car - I've actually set the shocks to understeer a little more so I can run the Gravel (Track) setting for autocross. The Tarmac (Autox) map may be more optimal for r-comp tires, which I am on street tires.

A must for any competition evo
Old Apr 26, 2015, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright. I'm sold. Time to give this a try. I'll do some comparisons with my current ACD tune.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im rather interested in this, Since i have a JDM model will this interfere with the ayc system? are they controlled by the same ecu?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

just saw this post in the acd tuning mega merge:

Originally Posted by Shiroi Kitsune
Well I've had the ER tune for awhile now so I feel I can confidently give a good review on it. I have the 3 map like kyoo, however I believe the snow mode is a little more aggressive than the stock Tarmac mode.

Just for reference, I only do road course, no auto cross, and have been running stock size RS3 version 2s the entire time. Power is at about 330hp 330tq to the wheels.

Initially I was on stock suspension with a restacked stock diff. On the street the difference was night and day. Every mode made a massive difference and cornering was dramatically improved. Just dial in the oversteer you'd like. On the track the difference was not so dramatic. The car was a little more balanced but switching modes didn't seem to change much.

Fast forward a little bit and I'm running ohlins, whiteline pretty much everything, Perrin psrs with castor offset and whiteline rsb. I've now gained the same effect on the track that I initially had on the street. Just dial in the rotation with a button on the dash. I set it low on open sweeping sections and bump it up for the tighter areas where I need a little more rotation. I couldn't be happier.

In addition English Racing was awesome to deal with and really takes customer service seriously. They will be hearing from me again when it comes to beefing up the power.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

just bumping this as I'm at the last event of the year for the evo. just worth reiterating how awesome this mod has been. overall I'm fighting the car a lot less on tight areas and other spots the car usually understeers at
Old Jun 6, 2017, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

bumping this up!! any 8/9s that have not done this are missing out on hugely improved handling!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it worth it if the car is mostly on the street?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NewEvolutionIX
Is it worth it if the car is mostly on the street?
what does "worth it" mean to you?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

bumping this. i had someone who trophied at solo nats in a similar turbo awd car come away stunned at how the car handled. said the rear end steps out perfectly with zero fear of it biting. also said the on-power push from the rear is really tangible, just a hint of oversteer on power. we bumped it to the most aggressive setting and they were stunned at the difference even that made.

if you guys are tracking/autoxing your cars and haven't gotten and ACD tune, you are missing out.

I've tried Gruppe-S, ACD Tuning, and English Racing. None of the tunes has made a difference like ER's has, no exaggeration. the USDM 8/9s need this to fix their awd setup.

http://www.motec.com/filedownload.ph...pdf?docid=4399