Notices

New STM Evo 8/9 Billet Aluminum Radiators! (Lots of pics!)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
New STM Evo 8/9 Billet Aluminum Radiators! (Lots of pics!)

We finally have these radiators online and available!

Click to buy: STM Evo 8/9 Billet Aluminum Radiator

The Billet Aluminum Slim Radiator for the Evolution VIII & IX models features a streamline billet aluminum top and slimmer design to give just a little more clearance for the turbo & manifold. The STM Radiator is a perfect fit to the factory mounting points and won't stretch out your bracket bushings. There are many options to customize this radiator and as always, if you have any questions, just give us a call!

The billet aluminum top and bottom tanks are fully optional for your particular set up using factory style outlets for the Evo 4/5/6 coolant hoses, or with -AN fittings and line. This location places the radiator hose bung to the right of the engine bay, clearing room for larger manifolds as pictured installed below.

There are two options for the radiator fill/cap. It can be placed on the radiator itself like normal or relocated to the thermostat housing as pictured installed below for a streamline look. The radiator cap itself is not included.

The drain bung will be located at the bottom of the radiator.

These will ship with the bare, billet finish. Installed below, the radiator has a custom, polished finish.

If you still have A/C, the condenser needs to be adjusted forward for a proper fitment. There are two mounting bolts on the top ends of the condenser. Remove the spacer and bolt it back in place. This allows the condenser to sit forward another 1/4 inch. New mounting hardware is included, pictured below. The car pictured below has A/C, as installed.

We offer everything you could possibly need for this install linked on the right margin. It all depends on what you need and how you choose to do it.

If you have ANY questions, feel free to call us and we can get you everything you'll need for a full bolt-on kit to your specs.

Required for Install:
Evo 4/5/6 Upper Radiator Hose or -AN Fittings and Line.
Removal of Rubber Bushings in A/C Condenser.

Includes:
STM Billet Radiator
Mounting Hardware for A/C Condenser

Starting at $795 with free shipping to the lower 48 US.

Again, if you have ANY questions about install, feel free to message me or call the shop. There's a lot of options available, but we have everything you'll need to get it done right.

I considered putting together a full kit as pictured on Ricer above including the radiator, new hoses, cap relocation, fan, hose clamps, bushings... If you're interested, I can price it all up and get it available for a 1-click deal to make it easy.

Click to buy: STM Evo 8/9 Billet Aluminum Radiator

Also to note- My car was the test-dummy. The radiator cap is not clocked properly. The new batches will be welded so when the cap is tight, it is straight with the engine bay. Minor detail, but what is why we test each and every product we make!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

I had someone ask me, WHY buy this at such a high price when there are plenty of other options out there?

If pricing is the customer's main concern, this is definitely not the radiator for them. We built this to be a high-quality, customizeable piece to deliver an overall clean install to match almost any conceivable set up, and we offer affordable stock-replacement radiators as well online.

I would buy this for the same reason I bought titanium lug nuts... because I WANT them. Because I like nice things, and because presentation and quality still matter.

Also, if it was not clear above, both top and bottom end-tanks are billet aluminum.

Again, if you have any questions on install and what is needed to match your set-up, just shoot me a message
Old Sep 13, 2016, 02:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Whose core are you guys using?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor

It is a custom spec 1.25" thick core.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

We've got the Billet Radiator page updated with all the specs on the CSF radiator core itself and we've got plenty in stock to make your one of a kind, custom radiator!

STM Evo 8/9 Billet Aluminum Slim Radiator

The STM Evo 8/9 Billet Aluminum Slim Radiator utilizes a custom sized CSF "B-Tube" Technology Core, which offers a thinner and lighter aircraft grade special clad aluminum material for better cooling efficiency and "dual liquid laminar flow." The CSF "B" design is actually stronger than normal "O" designs and increases the heat transfer surface area of the tube by approximately 15% over regular tubes. No other aftermarket radiator manufacturer uses this technology, raising the bar for high performance radiator cores. The CSF Core also features a smaller 6.5mm fin height - where most standard radiator designs use an 8mm fin - giving us ~25% more tubes and surface area in the core versus other radiator cores.

Old Aug 2, 2018, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you provide dimensions? Especially of the core.