Notices

EnglishRacing now offers 8/9 ACD tuning

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
EnglishRacing now offers 8/9 ACD tuning

After a year in development, we are pleased to offer ACD mapping for the Evo 8/9. Tested on the Ciruit, AutoX, and Street we have come up with the best available solution for cars still equipped with ACD.

Removal is simple. Remove the passenger door sill and kick panel, then remove the glove box. The glove box is removed only to give you some visual of what you are working with.

Located on the passenger A-pillar about even with the heater assembly is the ACD ECU. It has 2 plugs and one 10mm bolt holding it in. Please note that the bolt is also used to secure an ECU ground and must be hooked back up when the ACD ECU is reinstalled.

How does it work? Here is a review from a PNW Auto-X instructor, Darrin Berndt-

Originally Posted by Darrin
I had the opportunity to test the English Racing autocross tune ACD controller in my 2006 EVO IX today. After several laps at the autocross track I can say it was absolutely EXCEPTIONAL. The controller tuned out all under steer (push) and made car react to inputs better than any evo i have ever been in. I could plant the front end on a cone and get the back end to rotate around unbelievably fast. If I was told i could only have one upgrade to a evo that i was to race, this is the very first thing i would put on my list. It made a bigger difference than my ball bearing turbo, or even my Ohlins . On the lowest setting I picked up 2 seconds (50ish second lap) the next higher setting i picked up another 1 second. The highest setting was the cherry on top. I picked up .4 sec and continued to improve .2 to .6 each lap as i got dialed into it. I had Nationals and Regional winning champions dive my car as well to give me their feedback. They were astounded that it was even an evo, they couldn't believe how much better it was than their nationals winning EVO. Thank you Aaron O'Neal for giving me the chance to try this thing out. I can tell you that as Bremerton Sports Car Club autocross instructor, i am going to recommend this controller to every evo that i come across.

I did re-stack my rear diff and i would say that this re-flash affected rotation 500% more than the re-stack did. I welcome people to come to any BSCC autocross events and i will give the a ride and let them feel it.
This does require your current ACD ECU or a spare if you have one to be sent in and reflashed. It is ships out the same day we recieve it. All 3 modes are reflashed offering "tune-able" improvement.

Pricing - $300 + shipping

Aaron

Last edited by JohnBradley; Apr 29, 2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

We will also be offering ACD pump rebuilds in the near future, both the motors and the pumps.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
This is the best news I've heard all day. I will definitely be sending my acd ecu your way when the time comes.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Could we get in & out in a day if we set up an appointment & just bring it in ourselves? Local guy looking to save on shipping & down time. Either way this is awesome.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
This is really great news! I don't have an issue, but it's nice to know that I have someone I can count on when I need to go down that path.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by APEXR
Could we get in & out in a day if we set up an appointment & just bring it in ourselves? Local guy looking to save on shipping & down time. Either way this is awesome.
Absolutely We're booked out until about the last week of May currently
Old Apr 29, 2014, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Is there anything like this available for the Evo X?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 01:55 PM

ive done this to my car about 2 yrs. ago. but can you tell me WHAT you have done to the ECU? what type of setup? what are the changes?

i got mine reflashes in UK by a Rally team, so i have some sort of WRC setup on it.. Realy pinches rear /center diff when turning, like i have 100% diff lock
Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

X owners need love too
Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by APEXR
If the ACD unit is already uninstalled of course, if it isnt we can get it done in 1/2hr roundtrip generally.

Originally Posted by 05OrangeSS
Is there anything like this available for the Evo X?
Originally Posted by articzap
X owners need love too
If I am not mistaken, the 32bit operating system of the X ACD hasnt been cracked yet. If it has then I need to look into it more and go from there. The basic architecture of the ACD programming was fairly disassembled when I got to it and then required real world testing. The X will likely follow a similar setup and just need fine tuned to work with the AYC.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
What are the three driving modes offered on this reflash?! How do they differ from each other?!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
If I am not mistaken, the 32bit operating system of the X ACD hasnt been cracked yet. If it has then I need to look into it more and go from there. The basic architecture of the ACD programming was fairly disassembled when I got to it and then required real world testing. The X will likely follow a similar setup and just need fine tuned to work with the AYC.
If I'm not mistaken tephra said somewhere he had access to it, but never released anything. Tried to PM him about it, but got no response.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

I could REALLY use some ACD tuning on my X for sure. If you come across anything I'm definitely interested
Old Apr 30, 2014, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

I will talk with David and see what he has and/or wants to share.

Quick Reply: EnglishRacing now offers 8/9 ACD tuning