EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements-235/)
-   -   ROAD/RACE- Turbo CVT GOOD TO GO (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements/349605-road-race-turbo-cvt-good-go.html)

ROCK Jun 4, 2008 03:45 PM

ROAD/RACE- Turbo CVT GOOD TO GO

RRM Turbo Kit for the CVT Lancer is good to go. We are going build a small batch of them and wrok closely with the first few guys to get them. The kit is running solid for a good number of miles now and you can see posts from guys who took a ride in it at our Lancer Meet. Very impressive acoording to the quotes. Contact me directly if you are serious about a kit.

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

LuDa Jun 4, 2008 04:23 PM

what is the price and when will you guys be releasing specs? since its done now.

thrshr Jun 4, 2008 05:19 PM

Any CEL?

ROCK Jun 4, 2008 09:17 PM

No CEL, no issues. 83 h.p. at the wheels. That is close to 100 h.p. at the crank. PRice is the same as Manula kit for now. There is a circumstance or 2 for a discount on the first few kits though. Gotta call and talk to me regarding that. Also want these first kits to go to some guys who can work with us on some details and marketing.

Mitsu008 Jun 5, 2008 05:47 PM

nice...

Infamous_pt4 Jun 5, 2008 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 5739934)
No CEL, no issues. 83 h.p. at the wheels. That is close to 100 h.p. at the crank. PRice is the same as Manula kit for now. There is a circumstance or 2 for a discount on the first few kits though. Gotta call and talk to me regarding that. Also want these first kits to go to some guys who can work with us on some details and marketing.

is that more hp to the wheeles then the manual kit?

thrshr Jun 5, 2008 09:07 PM

I'm very interested. can you pm me a dyno sheet, details on your "marketing" idea, etc?

ROCK Jun 5, 2008 09:19 PM

HAte to me mysterious but serious guys should call. Same power as manual. Dyno sheet has been posted on EVOM already. Search aeound here. I forget where it is.

GTS.Puerto Rico Jun 5, 2008 09:23 PM

Just wanted to extend a GIGANTIC CONGRATULATIONS. You always up the ante. It demonstrates Road Race persistent and never give up qualities that make a true innovator of mitsubishi components.

Best of Luck Always.

ROCK Jun 6, 2008 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by GTS.Puerto Rico (Post 5744176)
Just wanted to extend a GIGANTIC CONGRATULATIONS. You always up the ante. It demonstrates Road Race persistent and never give up qualities that make a true innovator of mitsubishi components.

Best of Luck Always.

That sums it up like no other. Thanks for kind words.

psxnitro Jun 6, 2008 07:21 AM

Wow... from reading stuff about the CVT, I never thought I'd see the day that a Turbo Kit will be available for it.

Damn.... now I have to start saving up...

LANCERGTS2008 Jun 6, 2008 09:17 AM

Cvt

Can somene tell me what a CEL is and also where are the quotes people posted after taking a ride in the CVT? tHANKS. :mitsu:

mezzedupdream Jun 6, 2008 09:36 AM

A cel is like a signal that you'll see if something about your car is not working normal. For example. A cel can go on if you put on an intake but didn't bolt it on right... or it's not for your car. It just shows you that something is not working properly how it's intended too(Feel free to elaborate haha).

Bladed Jun 6, 2008 10:14 AM

cel= check engine light. Annoying light that comes on when your cars computer thinks something is not right. Basically, if you mess with any of the sensors, you will get a cel.

Bawb3 Jun 8, 2008 08:51 PM

Very awesome news indeed, so now we almost know for sure that the CVT tranny can definitely handle some power, 80+ hp to the wheels is impressive. I wish I lived in Cali, I would love to be a gineua pig on this.

Anyhow, ill be waiting until its available on the RRM site, until theres more test data, more people have them and report no issues and... oh yea.. when I can scrape together 5 g's :crap:.

Keep up the good work RRM {thumbup}