Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Black Listed Mitsudealerships

Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O'Brien Mitsu in Naples, Florida...beware. They painted every nut and bolt in my engine bay TWICE, once with blue, then with red. Even the battery terminals. They'll not be getting any service business from me. Not sure if they're any good at the Ft. Myers branch. Punta Gorda Mitsu dealership should also be on the blacklist.

FWIW, you don't HAVE to take your car to a dealer for the recommended service. Any certified shop can do the warranty work. Yes, I'd take it to a dealer for the major services such as the timing belt replacement but heck, for the fluid only changes, you can do that yourself. Just keep the receipts!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Ball Mitsubshi in San Diego. So far the service has been great.

m~
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by geminibby
Sorry to hear about the dealership in charleston. I'm moving up there and wondered how they were.

the locals tell me the service manager (an older guy) is cool but every time i go there the people i interact with don't seem to know what they are talking about. I left my car there for 3 weeks while i was out of town so they could look at and fix 4 problems: passenger B pillar was making a lot of noise, windshield was making noise sometimes, 1 gear felt off, and my spoiler was turning white on the plain CF part. I pick the car up and they still haven't gotten the new spoiler painted (that was 8 days ago that i picked it up and still today it isn't done), they fixed the B pillar squeak, told me first gear was fine and my windshield didn't squeak.

That is the second time i've taken my car in, the first was for a check engine light and it still comes and goes and they just told me not to worry about it since it was just a sensor or 2 throwing the codes and didn't affect the car at all.

I also called the service dept to get the 4 bolts that hold the cam gear cover on (i bought my car used from this same mitsu dealer and it didn't have a cam gear cover) and they were asking me how long the bolts should be because there were 2 lengths listed and they didn't know which ones were right.

The girl who sold me the car was cool but only been there like 2 weeks and the finance manager is nice just the rest of the people seem shady and not at all knowlegdeable.

The day before i bought my evo i went in to look at it and the sales guy said it wasn't ready to be looked at or something and instead wanted me to drive the new v6 eclipse. he drove it for like 20 minutes with rap music blasting (i had to tell him to turn it down), filled it up with regular gas when the gas cap said premium only (said you only needed premium if you are racing it), and then tried to talk me out of an evo because the eclipse was WAY faster than any evo.

I came back the next day and talked to a different sales person and bought the used evo. His loss.

edit: forgot, when i called to check on my spoiler they said they wanted the car in next week to put the spoiler on and reflash the ECU. I asked why and the service chick said "well, it needs it". WTF?!?!?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive gotten the best service from Sport Mitsu in Orlando,FL. They have been great. I got my cf wing replaced and my calipers replaced w/o any questions. Everytime i needed to come in to get an oil change or anything, they always made room for me even if they were busy. I highky recomend them to anyone here in Orlando
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:19 PM

Puente Hills Mitsubishi
Sales department was okay. Got my Evo8 under invoice after 2 hours of saying i'll come back another day.
I brought my evo8 back the next day to be detailed. I'm waiting inside and see my car pull up. I start to walk out and see my car back up all fast! I get outside and then it pulls up real fast and stops and the f****** b**** rev's the car!..... keep in mind at this point the car has only 30miles on it!. The guy comes out all shocked i saw him and tries to tell me he has big feet and you know its a racing car so the brake pedal and gas pedal are really close.... i said f**k you!... and left all pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!

i heard the Huntington Beach Mitsubishi was good. i'll probably try them the next time i need to go...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Puente Hills sucks at pricing. Especially they had a silver MR and that is the only one around in So Cal. They priced it at $41,000 or even more.

Anaheim - sales department is ok, but the service department is horrible. I went there 2 times (first for my free oil change and second for my vortex generator installation). They had me wait there for like 10 minutes before they would come out from the booth and ask me what I need. Keep in mind that no other cars are waiting there for service and both are week days Bad customer service.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

This is a good thread - any votes from dealers in the northeast / mid atlantic ??
Old Sep 9, 2005, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by bd307
Puente Hills sucks at pricing. Especially they had a silver MR and that is the only one around in So Cal. They priced it at $41,000 or even more.

Anaheim - sales department is ok, but the service department is horrible. I went there 2 times (first for my free oil change and second for my vortex generator installation). They had me wait there for like 10 minutes before they would come out from the booth and ask me what I need. Keep in mind that no other cars are waiting there for service and both are week days Bad customer service.
your talking about the silver MR in the showroom huh? yeah i asked about that one they said since its the last one we can sell it for over $40,000. actually the guy also said theres a red MR at another dealer and theyre asking for $50,000 !!! wtf is that!?

doesnt anyone know of any decent dealers in so. cal !?!?!?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by macster
Ball Mitsubshi in San Diego. So far the service has been great.

m~
I've heard good things about them too. One of the mechanics from there, can't remember his name, Randy or something, helped install my cams (not at the dealership). He said his dealership is fairly mod friendly, and won't hassel you about the paint peeling off the brembo's when you take them in for warranty.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with dennis being very shady. They sold a guy I know a new MR, but when they got it they took it out and beat the hell out of it. Now they will not fix it for him.

I went to ricart automotive for my evo and they cut me a great deal. They sold me an 03 evo with 600 miles on it for 26k and the service and sales is great
Old Sep 9, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

went to ricart automotive for my evo and they cut me a great deal. They sold me an 03 evo with 600 miles on it for 26k and the service and sales is great [/QUOTE]

Just keep a eye on the guys at Ricart! There is or was a class action law suit against the Ricart Automotive Group for some pretty shadey stuff. I bought a 00 SVT Contour from those guys and they would give you a great deal on the car and try to sell you on everything under the sun. I ended up falling for the etched window securtiy scam. I ended up getting a letter from a law firm trying to get me in on the suit.Ricart Automotive Consumer warning
Old Sep 9, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
West Palm Mitsubishi in Florida is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!! service manager said to me that redline in a car is only to cary first gear ...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jayvolution
your talking about the silver MR in the showroom huh? yeah i asked about that one they said since its the last one we can sell it for over $40,000. actually the guy also said theres a red MR at another dealer and theyre asking for $50,000 !!! wtf is that!?

doesnt anyone know of any decent dealers in so. cal !?!?!?

Huntington Beach is good. I bought my Evo from Anaheim . The salesmen are good, but make sure you have the skill to lower the price. They have about 6-7 Evo's when I bought my car 3 weeks ago.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBubbler
THOUSAND OAKS MITSUBISHI THOUSAND OAKS MITSUBISHI THOUSAND OAKS MITSUBISHI THOUSAND OAKS MITSUBISHI worst dealership ever!
Ill 2nd that. Sales staff are a bunch of idiots. One of the worst experiences Ive ever had at a dealership.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lil red '03
This is a good thread - any votes from dealers in the northeast / mid atlantic ??
Denoyer central ave Albany, NY. Totally crap. I told them I needed a new O2 sensor and which one it was and to order the part. Bring my car in, they ordered the wrong part. One of a long list of crapness. Sale dept guy didnt know anything about the sti (thought it was 2wd) and that the evo was way faster.

Otto Clifton Park, NY. Awesome. Will install aftermarket parts and will not void warrenty unless youve been doing something badly wrong. Said they will warrenty drivetrain providing. I keep stock clutch and dont so 5K launches. They seemed to very very pleased that I was going to change diff/tranny fluids every 10K.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black Listed Mitsudealerships