Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Apexi Isamu Full Turbo kits........limited time/limited amount very low price!!

Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Apexi Isamu Full Turbo kits........limited time/limited amount very low price!!

Hello guys,

I am sure most of you are familar with the Sparco EVO that ran so well and got so much publicity.

This Evolution was outfitted with the Apexi Isamu Full turbo kit. Here is a description of the turbo kit:

IHI RX6 TCW77 P20 Ball Bearing Turbocharger
Excellent low end power and full power band made possible by the ballbearing center section.
High flow SS exhaust manifold. (header)
Special XRP Oil/Water Lines
Option of running open wastegate or running the pipe back into the exhaust
High Performance water cooler waste gate for maximum cooling
The IHI turbo is rated at 500 whp with tuning and race fuel.

The kit retails for $6685. We are an Apexi Pro Dealer and sell/install Apexi parts all the time. The Power FC I have talked about quite a bit and how well it works. We have a few of these turbo kits and would like to get some out on the market so people looking for this type of kit can see how good they really are.

You will need larger injectors if you intend to stick with the stock computer and a custom reflash.

Of course if you have a stand alone of some type you will be able to get it tuned too.

I have a few of these we can sell at the lowest price you are ever going to find on them...............$3775. I will include shipping at this price.

Just give us a call.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Hello guys,

I am sure most of you are familar with the Sparco EVO that ran so well and got so much publicity.

This Evolution was outfitted with the Apexi Isamu Full turbo kit. Here is a description of the turbo kit:

Excellent low end power and full power band made possible by the ballbearing center section.

The kit retails for $6685. We are an Apexi Pro Dealer and sell/install Apexi parts all the time. The Power FC I have talked about quite a bit and how well it works. We have a few of these turbo kits and would like to get some out on the market so people looking for this type of kit can see how good they really are.

You will need larger injectors if you intend to stick with the stock computer and a custom reflash.

Of course if you have a stand alone of some type you will be able to get it tuned too.

I have a few of these we can sell at the lowest price you are ever going to find on them...............$3775. I will include shipping at this price.

Just give us a call.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

sooo why did i buy your 20g-9?

j\k

great price for a great kit
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

damn that's really low price for this kit!!!! but i have no money
Old Feb 14, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Do you do rain checks, or layaway?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We have financing

www.enhanceloans.com

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Last edited by David Buschur; Feb 15, 2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

We have financing

www.enhancedloans.com

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

ENHANCEDLOANS.COM IS A MORTGAGE LENDER.. I work in the mortgage industry if that is who you are using for financing we should talk.. I can blow those guys out of the water..
Old Feb 14, 2006, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Hello guys,

Just give us a call.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Here are some corrections to the Apexi marketing ad.

First off the Sparco Evo first used the TCW10 then stepped up to the TCW76 w/ P18 backside. The TCW76 is rated at 500hp and the TCW77 is rated at 550hp. The wide powerband is not exactly correct either. I get full spool up around 5500rpm. The TCW77 is very similar to a GT35R, but the TCW77 has a smaller turbine wheel.

Good stuff:

The kit is the most complete kit ever created. It comes w/ every bolt, fitting, clamp, etc. It even comes w/ heat wrap and stainless heat shields. There are 76 pieces in the kit. The wastegate is huge (48mm) and is water cooled.

Bad stuff:

It comes w/ everything, but a lower I/C pipes. You have to use the stock I/C pipes and modify a stock coupler to fit. This also means it will not fit the EVO 9 (w/o custom modifcation) since it uses a different LIC pipes. Also, the dump pipe use a slip fit joint to the down pipe and they want you to use a hose clamp .

The really bad part is the wastegate spring is only a .8 bar and they can't get you anything else since Apexi is longer distributing the RX6 turbo kits (Which is why they are cheap). This means getting over 26 psi can be a challenge using standard boost control. When I called Apexi about this they assumed no one would run over 20psi.

Installation stuff:

This kit took forever to install. Twice as long as my old turbo kit. The shear number of parts is the reason. Everything comes disassembled. You even have to put in the studs in the turbo and manifold.

Performance:

I am getting around 40hp more then my GT3076, but I don't hit a full 27psi until 5500rpm. It's hella bling though .

Last edited by jj_008; Feb 15, 2006 at 06:59 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

want to sponser me with this for my IX Rs ?

well i gotta ask
Old Feb 15, 2006, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just fixed David's post of the financing company.

The correct link as edited in his post is www.enhanceloans.com

Sorry for the confusion guys!

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the orders guys. We still have more of these kits ready to go.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jj_008

I am getting around 40hp more then my GT3076, but I don't hit a full 27psi until 5500rpm. It's hella bling though .
what boost level are you hitting at lower rpm's ?

I;m very interested in this kit, but dont want a lag monster

thanks

Andy
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

It 's a really interesting turbo. You can step on the pedal (3rd gear) at 2800rpm and by 3000rpm you'll have 7 psi. Then it slowly builds boost up to around 15psi around 4400rpm slowly goes to 20 psi by 5200rpm. Once it hits 23 psi it hits 27psi instantly. My GT3076 acted dead until around 3500rpm then it would start to build boost quickly.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jj_008
It 's a really interesting turbo. You can step on the pedal (3rd gear) at 2800rpm and by 3000rpm you'll have 7 psi. Then it slowly builds boost up to around 15psi around 4400rpm slowly goes to 20 psi by 5200rpm. Once it hits 23 psi it hits 27psi instantly. My GT3076 acted dead until around 3500rpm then it would start to build boost quickly.
So, ultimately, is it a setup you recommend? Although it's building boost over the rpm range, does the car still get going like you expected it to? Does the torque still hit early, or is that later as well? Thanks. If this is inappropriate to ask in this thread, please remove it/ignore it.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOLOVE
So, ultimately, is it a setup you recommend? Although it's building boost over the rpm range, does the car still get going like you expected it to? Does the torque still hit early, or is that later as well? Thanks. If this is inappropriate to ask in this thread, please remove it/ignore it.
I love it. I wouldn't go back to my GT3076. The GT3076 I had, hit real hard at 4300rpm. Alot harder then my RX6, which the big torque is 1000rpm later. The really neat thing about the RX6 is the power is progressive through out the powerband. The GT3076 and the GT35R act kind of dead in the lower ranges, where this thing will give you 5-7psi almost anywhere below 3500rpm w/ no surge. The compressor cover on an RX6 is huge and is roughly a .81 A/R.

Here is a comparision on my road dyno. Black is RX6 @27psi. Red is GT3076 @ 30psi.

Since this graph I added a lot more timing in the lower RPM range so I have probably shifted the powerband a little more to the left.

Last edited by jj_008; Feb 21, 2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Apexi Isamu Full Turbo kits........limited time/limited amount very low price!!