Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

*resolved*Slow Boy Racing: Horrible Service.

Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*resolved*Slow Boy Racing: Horrible Service.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever had any bad experiences with them in the past. But I gave them a shot and am horribly disappointed.

Background:

I ordered Transfer Case fluid from them. $60 shipped.
Never got any shipping confirmation...

But I got a box within 3-4 days(pretty quick, I was impressed at this point).

I realized the box contained parts I did not order, and they had shipped me someone's valve cover bolts, and J Pipe fittings for a 1G. The invoice inside was correct for the person who ordered these parts.

It appears they simply mislabeled the box. Put my label on someone else's and put theirs on mine.

No biggie, I call them to report a problem. They are closed so I leave a message. I later send an e-mail(about an hour). Just to make sure they were aware of the problem and in case I contacted the wrong department over the phone.

It was Friday evening so I did not expect a response over the weekend.

Saturday, the person who's parts I got (Brandon) called me(my phone # was on the invoice he received)... we talked for a few about how we got each other's parts and he told me he called them as well. We exchange some nice words about each other's cars and let it be, saying give them a few days.

Monday comes around and I receive an e-mail telling me to regurgitate the invoice I received in an e-mail back to them. I give them all the details on the invoice, blah blah blah, thank them for their response, and let them know I would like my TC fluid ASAP as the car is approaching it's service mileage.

Tuesday, Wednesday, nothing.

Thursday Brandon calls me to tell me that he e-mailed and called them again. No response to either of those from him.

Later Thursday, I call them AGAIN to let them know my concern... during business hours on a weekday. No answer on the phone. I leave a message with absolutely no harshness or hard feelings in it.

Over the weekend I called Brandon back to discuss simply shipping our parts back to each other in case of Slow Boy Racing not doing anything. We both have no trouble forking over our own money for shipping just so we can both have our parts.

Here am I now, Tuesday, roughly 7 working days later(however their recording mentioned they are open Saturdays, so technically 9 working days) with no response besides the one e-mail, no parts, and no apologies. Also it appears they do not really even seem to care.

Brandon and I both shipped our parts to each other over the weekend.. using our own money to ship. No biggie, but it's pretty bad of SBR to completely ignore us besides one e-mail.

Just my .02... people may have better experiences with them, and I sure hope so.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Typical. This is about the 4th time Ive heard something negative about SBR. It seems many vendors on here like to do this. One of the most popular was "RNR". Oh well, just anther company I wont ever buy from. Thats why I order from Buschur Racing and ExtremePSI. Someone answers the phone EVERY TIME YOU CALL. You talk to someone who knows what the hell is going on and sh*t gets taken care of.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
atleast you know not to do business with them in the future
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:49 AM
BMS
Account Disabled

Your not the only one man, I also had problems getting my parts on time from SBR this is why I'm never buying anything from this vendor again.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor

people that cannot respond or have good customer service should be hit by lightning.. if they cant handle the calls, or cant handle work, slow down so you can..
Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks! They just lost my near future business
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
people that cannot respond or have good customer service should be hit by lightning.. if they cant handle the calls, or cant handle work, slow down so you can..

In my business (or any I should say) if you don't pick up the phone, your out of business.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. I've ordered from them on several occassions, small to medium sized orders, and never had any problem with them. Shipping was always fast and secure, orders always right and someone always answered the phone or responded to my emails.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

To Mod: Sorry, thanks for moving.

To everyone else: Yes I agree. It would have been NO big deal if they would have gotten back to me... even in 5 days I still wouldn't have cared. But no answers... that's just bad business.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

There's a site for reporting these kind of problems. It's designed to make consumers aware of the business practices of vendors in the Dsm/Evo community.

www.vendors-reviewed.com

As you can see SBR has their share of complaints. If you guys have something positive or negative to a say about a vendor please feel free to post it there, as well as here on Evom, so people know which vendors they can safely deal with.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered from them once and did not have any issues. sorry to hear dude.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Wow never had a problem but atleast you guys had eachothers info and helped getting your parts shipped. I ordered my 20G from them that took a little bit but they had to port it and so on for my GSX but they have been good besides that.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Thats nothing i order a set of pistons it took 3 FU***NG MONTHS TO GET then they lied to me 3 times when i called them. Then find out im missing parts I was missing piston rings how the hell you forget that . Then find out a month later they send me the wrong bareings once not 2 times but 3 times my shop had to cover there mistake because they couldnt get the right parts out. I called them for sometype of refund and they told me i was not there person they delt with. I tied to call the owner they lied once again and told me he nver gets on the phone.

Now my shop that has a acct with them they have had so many problems you guys dont even want to know about its just one after another. I believe they no longer have a acct with them.

The funny thing about it is when you call them out on things they start to cry to someone about it they called my vendor and said they dont like the way i was talking to them about there problems and the only one that can call is my vendor not me.

Bottom line they suck they happen to be the worst vendor on this forum and i believe very strongly they should be band from evo no matter if they pay the vendor fee. This happens to be the 2-5 threads about how poor service is at Slow Boy.

Me and a few others have already got one person can where working on our second.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

no problems here, all the mods in signature from them and im in a diffrent country.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

i would never use slowboy again i ordered a breand new trans for my gst like a year nd a half ago it was brand new from mitsu, but they told me mitsu stop making them they could only get rebuilt ones from mitsu so i said ok long as its from mitsu , so long story short i put the tranny in with new clutch master cyc, new slave cyc, new fiadanza flywheel and new 2600 act new clutch kit, well i take it for a drive and its shifting like poop and seems to be getting better but i notice it wount go in 2nd gear, and now this is my first picinic with dsm i know they shift like crap to begin with so i adjusted the clutch and bleed the clutch 30 time lubed everything up still no 2nd gear i call slowboy and tell them the situaution and all i wanted was to swap for a different trans they told me that ohhh we cant do that if u want u can drive out here and well take a look at it now let meremind u i live in philly and there in like the middle of pa i did map quest it was 5-6 hours one way and i was to pay for gas and tolls thats my experience with slowboy now i have a evo 9 mr i will never deal with slowboy or recamend them to anyone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *resolved*Slow Boy Racing: Horrible Service.