Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

English Racing Tune! Great! Also a Negitive Review for veengineering.com!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English Racing Tune! Great! Also a Negitive Review for veengineering.com!

First off I'd like to Tell the Evom world about how I got ripped off by an Evom member by the name of Magnumpsi. I posted on the Aem portion of Engine management forum looking for recommendations on a good shop in Colorado to install and tune a AEM EMS. Everyone said Carzperformance. I looked them up and called them and I couldn't get a date that would work for me. But then Magnumpsi messaged me and said he could do it for 600 dollars, and I could get it done on the date I needed. He said he used to work for Vivid Racing, so I checked that out and yes he used to work for them. I called him and set up an appointment. I made Hotel reservations.. $330 plus $185 in gas. Thats just the start. Anyway when I made the appointment He said to call When I got into town at 10 a.m. So I did...He didn't call me back untill 3 p.m. He then said he'd meet me at my hotel. So I go there and we meet up and I ask him what shop we are going to and he just says follow me. Now if you look at his web page veengineering.com and you will see a nice shop and sick cars, and a DYNO..... Well we pull up to his buddies Garage! Right then and there I should of just said thanks but no thanks, but I guess I'm just a mark. So we start the install I show him all the sensors I have and He says That the GM electronic boost controller will not work. And I know for a fact that it will, but what ever. Next I show him my Air temp sensor. "Well I don't have a welder" So out goes that. So we drive on and get the intake on there, and the 5bar map sensor. and install the actual EMS. Awesome. Now for the next 3 hours we go ripping around in my car tuning it. We had problems with the stock ignition system. We needed to re-gap the plugs. But he didn't want to stop. Next my methonal system kept on coming loose in the trunk. my bad. Anyway we got a couple of clean passes and he decided we were close, and would finish the next day at around 11a.m. Friday the 18th of July. So we drive to his buddie's garage again, And he asks for money so I give him $240 or half of what I was going to pay him. Well as you might of guessed I still haven't got that phone call. Thanks Mitch. Oh and the car got 19 miles to the gallon on the way home, awesome. I can tell you that this was a very costly mistake that I totalled up to $2155 for gas hotel and shop fees to actually have it done right. Evom members Take my advice and if someone messages you and says they can tune your car and they are not a vender DON'T DO IT! Pay a real shop to do it right. The first time I had my car tuned I drove to Chicago and had Chris at AMS do it. 3400 miles+AMS+1200 for parts and labor=a great tune by a great shop! I waited to write that negitive review on veengineering.com and Mitch Mcgee A.K.A. Magnumpsi untill I had more knowledge on what a good shop does when they have to install and tune an AEM with meth.
Now on to a shop ran by a guy that I not only admire but call a friend of mine, Lucas English. Not only does my car run great but he went over and above what I asked him to do. His knowledge of the AEM is great he incorporated all the fancy features that alough a failsafe with the meth that works on the nitrous map, ect. I got all the faith in the world with Lucas and his guys. I will not go anywhere else again. You got my buisness. Not only has Lucas called me five times since I got it tuned to see how my car is running but spent 2-3 hours with me showing me how to use AEMPRO and how to log the car. Thanks this has helped so much in my knowledge on the car and what is going on in there.
Lucas and all you guys at English Racing. Thanks and I can't wait to come back next April to get the car retuned with the new motor that I am going to have you build! Top Notch!!!!
Bottom line Stay away from Magnumpsi and his bull**** website. unless you got money and time you want to waste. I PM'd him and called him numerous times with no response. And if I'm not mistaken it is against Forum rules to sell products or service. So if any Mods would like copies of the PM's that discuss this supposed service let me know and I'll send them to you. These rules are in place to protect members from con-men like Magnumpsi.
Thanks all that read all of this, I had to get it off my chest.
Aaron
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Glad that we were able to get you tuned and to the track Aaron. From what I hear you were greeted by EnglishRacing "North", as I call them, at the track.

Last edited by JohnBradley; Aug 20, 2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

What were the new numbers with L.E.'s tune?

-E
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

I know this post might get kind of nasty. But I really feel scammed by Magnumpsi and want to protect other members. John I was really happy I made it to. Thanks to you guys. Wicked my meth pump went out so it was on strait pump, and honestly I can not drag race, at all 12.9 117mph with a 2.28 60'. I haven't learned how to launch on the anti-lag with a tilton twin. but one day.....maybe.

Last edited by mtevoracer; Aug 19, 2008 at 10:05 AM.