Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

INSTALLED: Beatrush driveshaft bushings and RS trunk bar

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
INSTALLED: Beatrush driveshaft bushings and RS trunk bar

RS Trunk Bar:
This is available at any Mitsu dealership (I got mine from Brookdale Mitsubishi in Brooklyn Park, MN) or on many websites including MAP and MachV. It comes stock on the Evo RS's and does require some trimming to fit the GSR/MR's. I had to trim and inch or so off the bottom of the plastic panel at the back of the trunk. The trunk wall carpeting fits ok over it, but you won't be able to get all the pop pins back in unless you do some trimming of that too which I did not since I'm happy with how it hides the bar ends. The wood panel that covers the spare tire and the trunk carpeting slide neatly underneath the bar or if you would prefer to hide the bar the carpet can go on top of it for a nearly hidden install. The plastic panel that needs removing is held in with 4 plastic pins which need to be popped out before lifting straight up disconnecting the 4 remaining pins. The 4 that need to be removed are very fragile and I managed to break all of them so be gentle! Driving the car I really couldn't notice a difference but that's just after some highway driving with my snow tires on so the real test will be next spring at the autocross track. This combined with my rear strut tower bar should add plenty of stiffness to the rear of the car. I performed the install with the rear of the car on jackstands to remove some pressure off the chassis.

Beatrush Propeller (Driveshaft) Bushings:
I purchased mine from 201 Motorsports during their Black Friday Sale. They were very friendly and great to deal with. I did the install with the car on jackstands and me laying on my back on a wet/cold garage floor. Like everything else, having a lift would make this job much easier. Overall though the install was very straight forward and easy. For tools I needed nothing other than a ratchet, some extensions, and some sockets. Other people have noted that they needed a swivel for their socket which could depend on the exhaust you have. I personally have a Buschur turboback with testpipe; a cat would have made the install more difficult. I did not have to drop or move my exhaust. When you get under there you'll see 4 bolts holding the driveshaft up with rubber bushings. Do one bracket at a time, remove the bolts, remove the rubber bushings, and push the new Beatrush aluminum bushings into place. They are a very tight fit so press hard! One of mine just would not fit so I had to sand it down a bit. The big bushing goes on the bottom and the ring goes on top. Once those are in place simply line everything back up and tighten the nuts. You will need to remove a little heatshield on the forward driveshaft bracket; its held on by 2 little nuts so is very quick to come off and if you're running a testpipe probably not important to put back on (even though I did). Once I got my car out on the road drivetrain noise has definitely decreased and things feel smoother overall. I'd imagine this is because the shaft is now more securely mounted to the chassis and can't flop around as much anymore. To note, I also have a Blox front motor mount (engine roll stopper) and Energy Suspension rear differential mount bushings so my drivetrain is very securely mounted and doesn't move around a whole lot which is great. There is a bit added noise/vibration over stock with this engine mount and diff bushings but its well worth it and completely livable even for a daily-driven Evo (which mine is). All of this helps to transfer the power to the ground more quickly and make shifts a lot crisper and accurate.

Pictures will be posted later today.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting the instructions AND for your business! Thanks so much
Old Dec 7, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

I know I didn't take any pictures of the Beatrush bushings since bring a camera under my car on a cold/wet garage floor as melting snow was dripping all over me, but here is a picture from 201 Motorsports website that shows 2 of the 4 bushings; the other two are just on the opposite side of the driveshaft as the brackets are U-shaped.

Old Dec 7, 2008, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again, thanks so much
Old Dec 29, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My GF ordered up a set of the propshaft bushings for me for Xmas. Looking forward to the install!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Do it on a dry day unlike me Post back with your thoughts once they're in!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

do you think this increases harshness and noise even without front engine mounts?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hytek369
do you think this increases harshness and noise even without front engine mounts?
Ok, I have both beatrush driveshaft bushing and RS trunk bar installed in my car for almost 2 years.

I also have front lower motor mount, cam gear side motor mount and tranny mount, the only mount I didn't replace was the one behind engine.

You'll get some noise from the dashboard at idle, but the car will not shake nor the steering wheel.

I love the Beatrush products, I also have their rear strut bar, the design is awesome, they have this brackets that holds the rear strut towers.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

I just finished helping my friend install his Beatrush rear differential bushing inserts on his car and they were a breeze; very quick and simple install. Makes me wish I would have gotten those instead of the Energy full replacement bushings which were a total pain to install (search for my review of those).

I also have the Blox front engine roll stopper (poly motor mount) and the vibrations have increased at idle but thats it. Adding the rear diff bushings added some whine noise at highway speed cruise.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by S2kracka
I just finished helping my friend install his Beatrush rear differential bushing inserts on his car and they were a breeze; very quick and simple install. Makes me wish I would have gotten those instead of the Energy full replacement bushings which were a total pain to install (search for my review of those).
Do you think the quality on the Beatrush Diff bushings are the same or better than those of Energy Suspension?
Old Jan 3, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Tough to compare actually since they go about the same end result in different ways. The quality is very good on both and I have no problem recommending either for a friend's car. The Beatrush bushings are more expensive, are inserts, and are an easy 10 minute install with simple hand tools. The Energy bushings are complete replacements that yield a stiffer rear end but require pressing to be installed properly. If I were to do it all over again I'd personally go for the Beatrush ones since they are such an easy install and work fine for street cars. If I were doing a full track build I'd go for the Energy bushings since they stiffen things up more and eliminate the factory rubber bushings.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
Ok, I have both beatrush driveshaft bushing and RS trunk bar installed in my car for almost 2 years.

I also have front lower motor mount, cam gear side motor mount and tranny mount, the only mount I didn't replace was the one behind engine.

You'll get some noise from the dashboard at idle, but the car will not shake nor the steering wheel.

I love the Beatrush products, I also have their rear strut bar, the design is awesome, they have this brackets that holds the rear strut towers.
thanks. i might pick up a set. where did you get yours from? i am looking for the rear strut tower bar too.

i see what you mean by the bracket design

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-beatrush.html

Last edited by hytek369; Jan 5, 2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

201 Motorsports is the best place I've for Beatrush products:

http://www.201motorsports.com/home.php?cat=3
Old Jan 5, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

thanks 2kracka.

have you tried their underpanel cover?

Quick Reply: INSTALLED: Beatrush driveshaft bushings and RS trunk bar