Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Horrible South Coast experience (long)

Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iseedipp
i've called sam numerous times and pmed him and done the whole ringer that migs has done with pricing and got no where. I wouldn't buy from them but Huntington beach Mitsu service is awesome!!
I think thats where Sam works now...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoX-11
I think thats where Sam works now...
Yep, he does. South Coast, Huntington, and Victorville Mitsubishi are all owned by the same person.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Don't hold your breath

Originally Posted by Frankiago

Maybe they'll fit it into the budget for 2011... maybe.
Quinn needs to borrow $3.7 Billion for state pensions.

http://www.illinois.gov/PressRelease...=2&RecNum=9156
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was looking for my car I called Sam at SCM. He blew me off and never returned my calls. So I bought elsewhere. Got a better deal too.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thats ridiculous.. i never heard of such a thing.. paying taxes in 2 states.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RB185AFM
When I was looking for my car I called Sam at SCM. He blew me off and never returned my calls. So I bought elsewhere. Got a better deal too.
yes, this.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:49 PM

I went through a similar thing when I got my evo in California. I live in Nevada.

When I bought my previous car in Louisiana, they asked me if I wanted to pay the tax there or when I registered it in NV. I paid there so that it could be rolled into my loan. They even matched the NV tax percentage because their tax was higher. When I registered it in NV, I didn't have to pay anything.

With the evo it was a different story because I was trading in a car. In NV, they subtract the tax on the value of your trade-in from the tax on the new car. Since the car I was trading in was worth more, the tax in NV would have been nothing, so when I was talking with the dealership, I told them that I wanted to pay the tax in NV at the time of registration. I got the same story you did, that they had to charge CA tax. I tried checking out my options on the CA DMV site but I found that site to be worthless and incomprehensible. The NV DMV site makes it very clear. When you register, you pay 8.1% minus whatever you have already paid in sales tax. Although they did have an exlcusion from Utah. Apparently dealerships in UT were trying to get NV business by writing down that you paid UT tax even though you didn't. They did say on the site that if you paid tax in UT, you could easily get it back form them after paying in NV. I went back and forth with the dealership about what to do and they said that if I had the car shipped then I wouldn't have to pay CA tax, so that is what I did.

I have heard from multiple people that claim the same thing about CA requiring state tax and that it is the only state like that.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:09 AM

Wow that sucks. I would say though that when I picked my evo up, it was used, that they would not even let me test drive it until I signed the papers. That seemed really sketchy to me. I would understand if it was new but they finally let me test drive it after almost walking out the door.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know it's an old thread, but you've always paid the tax in the state that you register it in. Though I wouldn't put it past CA to do something different.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:38 AM

South Coast and Huntington are both jokes, when i was buying my gts, i called them in to get a price quote guy said they can do 18,000 for sure. went into the dealer started to do paperwork he kept asking how much am i willing to pay? i said 18,000 he said no way we can do that price.. so we finally get the deals worked out at 18,000 after hours, we go to pick up my car at another dealer, he fills my tank with 2 gal of gas says he'll fill it full when we get the the dealer... while im waiting for my car to get ready the manager needs me to sign some extra papers to finalize everything. and i see on the new paper work with 20,000 price (without tax, etc).. he said sorry... (he didnt even double check before i signed it, i had to go back and reread the paperwork myself) he changes that with a new paper work.. by the time im done they say the gas station that they work with is closed and that i would have to go fill my tank with my own money and once again that they are just sorry....

anyways i wont ever be buying another car at South Coast or Huntington mitsu with their lack of service and their "mistakes" on paperwork and gas station time

Last edited by lpxaudio; Jan 28, 2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
I know it's an old thread, but you've always paid the tax in the state that you register it in. Though I wouldn't put it past CA to do something different.
Yeah, I went with this mentality. My exact thoughts "I'm registering the car here, I'm paying insurance on it here, I'll be driving it here, so I'll pay the sales tax here, right?" Well, according to the a-hole of a state called California, you cannot drive a new car off ANY lot without paying THEM their ridiculous sales tax (was $400 more than IL).

About the free gas... yeah my Evo was on E when I hopped in for the first time. They gave me a TWENTY DOLLAR VOUCHER for some gas... that brought it just past the quarter tank mark. Thanks again douche nozzles! If they have the opportunity to sell even one car this year, that's one car too many for a 10 pound sack chock full of hundreds of pounds of ****s like Sam and his manager lady
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

JUST GOT MY REFUND CHECK! $0.00 interest earned over the past 24 months!!! (yes, the State of Illinois had my sales tax money of $2400 for just over 24 months as of today).
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

dang.. Frankiago, at least you got yoru money back.. from what I learned, you pay taxes where you are registering the car at not from where your buying it.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Damn 2 ****in years that sux man , I just read all of this and they definitely should've explained to you that you had to pay CA state sales tax and no matter where it was being registered.