Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Tirado Custom Coatings - Ceramic Coatings - TESTED!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
yeah he is posting as CT78155

Ok I see thanks. Carlos I sent you a message through your website about a header.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

And I already got a response
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xRoguex
I am a..... no holds bar'd.. consumer..

frankly... if his **** failed... i would have asked for my money back..

his job was to perform a .... service.. based on his .... word..

the price for the word was right.

i have no reason to validate his claim with testing..

but i did...

its my money.... how is it being put to the test.. is my business..

as for how it compares to swain tech... some one needs to test swain tech... personally before and after LIKE I DID...

as far as I am concerned... if carlos got not ONE more dollar of mine.. id be fine...

but based on his word.. and his performance... he will.

thats how you earn future sales..
Thanks for your business Will.

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Some stuff Carlos did for me and I owe him beer for
You don't owe me a thing Aaron, thanks for the opportunity
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

Ands this person decided to just make more posts, even though I never had any communication with him whatsoever:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hang...rbo-setup.html

___
Sorry about getting off topic on your thread Will.

Last edited by ct78155; Oct 17, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

I cant see tuners..

but its ok.

Your product hard at work is all that matters.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:50 AM

ct78155,

Your coating that I saw on 2 parts had an adhesion problem, this is a fair statement and could be the prep or just the nature of the paint you used.
This is as far as I will comment on your WORKMANSHIP, otherwise the aesthetics looked good.

I never mentioned who the owner was, but your right that it was the person you posted. He never complained to me and I will leave it at that and in fact I told him YOUR coating OTHER than the adhesion issue looked DAMNED good

What I have a problem with is THIN painted or plate ceramic coatings in GENERAL. The fact that in REAL testing, I mean datalogged intake testing I can at WILL show a run starting at 4000 rpms in 3rd gear that would be at 80*F ambient and go WOT to 7000 rpms the intake temps would SKYROCKET to +100*F by the end of 7000 rpms. That is on the ceramic coating FP used on the race manifolds for the DSM, the "Jet Hot type" coating the used. Shockingly I can hold intake temps DEAD stable during WOT pulls with the stock heatshielding in place.

Your coating I PERSONALLY put my HAND on the manifold after a 5 minute warmup, no problem. Nothing to do with reality either, IR gun or not, for reason I explained. ENTIRELY different story after I PURPOSELY told the owner to BEAT on the car to pump heat into the manifold cause I KNEW what I was looking for. The stock EVO hood vent is covering ALOT of sins here.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

a thick coating of the ceramic paint will cause problems..

i will let carlos chime in on that
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:57 AM

I've run Swaintech with .015" thick coating, about a 5 times thicker. I hit that coating with a wrench and hammer, never a chip. The coating we are talking about chipped in quite a few spots due to shipping damage. The Jet Hot type coating I run now was also .002-003" thk but you could hit it, which I did, and also GRIND it briefly and it still wouldn't come off. Matter of fact, it was so tuff I had a hard time cutting into it with a TiN drill bit.

The thickness is a clearance issue internally of course and Swaintech ran (2) different types of coatings back about 14 years ago when I ran swaintech coated parts, one internal thin coating and a thick external coating. They delaminated internally and were taking out turbine wheels so they claimed which is why they don't recommend it anymore even today.

If it chipped on impact, I sure as **** wouldn't trust it not to delaminate internally. Swaintech was worried enough about it to stop recommending on turbo applications internally.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Again, you continue to come up with your conclusions.
Can you please post data or stop posting that our ceramic doesn't work.

Nobody is holding up a gun to your head to buy our ceramic, if Swaintech works for you go ahead and use that.
By the way, the "ceramic" that FP uses is not a ceramic at all so I don't see why you keep comparing theirs to what we use.
Next time please post the entire story so customers see what happened during the entire process.
Go ahead and use SwainTech, again nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Last edited by ct78155; Oct 17, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:33 AM

So this coating from Triad goes on the inside of parts to...? I got my ex manifold done thru BR, Im picking it up Monday... I dont want this **** to flake off into my turbo... If it does... U best believe you'll hear me ranting...
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Obi-one
So this coating from Triad goes on the inside of parts to...? I got my ex manifold done thru BR, Im picking it up Monday... I dont want this **** to flake off into my turbo... If it does... U best believe you'll hear me ranting...
Buschur does not coat the inside of their parts, you won't have any problems.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:45 AM

looks nice..
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlos, just like I said earlier today to you, pboglio and I did not discuss the performance of the coating. His opinion is based on what he noticed after couple WOT pulls.

As for my thoughts, like I said I do not have any yet. I would need to to more testing. These parts went on yesterday and I did not have time to do any real logging.

What I can say is that I am very happy with your service and if I will be needing some powder coating done I will be in contact with you.

xRoguex, since you have access to 2 evos (coated and uncoated mani, o2 etc). Can you do some WOT pulls in both and log intake temp? My old logs are from when it was about 65-70 degrees outside and it is in the mid 40s now so this will throw off my readings.

-Matt
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

the second evo doesnt have nearly the mods that mine does..

Just those specific parts.. So it will be hard to determine true numbers from a pull.

He has a stock turbo - etc.. only revs to 7500.. etc..

and what would logging intake temp matter? My fmic is so efficient - i see almost NO increase in AIT from idle to redline..
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:56 PM

Because reducing intake air temps at the filter extends the compressor's air flow capability and allows the wastegate to open just a little more reducing backpressure. I've used this trick on many occasions to push a compressor to its limit. I could swear this is all laid out in Corky Bell's book, or maybe Mike Kojima's.

Quick Reply: Tirado Custom Coatings - Ceramic Coatings - TESTED!