Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

REVIEW: OS Giken TS2B Twin Plate Clutch (Lots of PICS!)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to get a new clutch for the upgrade in power (aiming between 400-500). Debating between this and the Exedy Twin. Any updates or Advice?

~Chug
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chuggychug
Looking to get a new clutch for the upgrade in power (aiming between 400-500). Debating between this and the Exedy Twin. Any updates or Advice?

~Chug
Still loving my OS. I personally hate pull type clutches, I've seen way too many clips come apart when the throw out bearing was released. Just a cheesy design IMO.

With that sort of HP goal you'd probably be best going with an R2CD. Torque is the main concern and a TS2B should be fine but I always like to go a step up just to make sure I'm covered if that makes sense. The R2CD will still leave some meat on the bone as far as HP/TQ rating if you ever decide you want more.

As far as OS vs Exedy, depends on what you're looking for though, exedy is a more mild clutch with less pedal feel, OS is a slightly more aggressive clutch and has a much more direct feel being that it is push type. And if you do like the idea of push type, their conversion is solid and still one of the best I have seen. But take a look back through the thread, it should answer pretty much all of your general questions. If you have any other specific questions just ask.

-LC

Last edited by Little China; Jun 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

LC - Sent you a pm.

~Chug
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chuggychug

~Chug
I went from an Exedy Twin to the OS TS2B. The Exedy twin, like I stated earlier, is a little more civil in the noise and engagement area (engagement not being the shifting...just the grab of the clutch during the 'tip-in').

The TS2B makes a little more of a bark and is more "off/on" at tip-in (lighter and unsprung compared to the Exedy). The shifting is ridiculous, though, and like LC expressed, the pedal feel is more direct (again..unsprung and push vs. pull). It takes some getting used to but, I, personally, will replace my TS2B with another one when it gets long in the tooth.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

I recently install my OS R2CD. It feels better than exedy twin, as Little China mention above, exedy is more civil for dd. I will see how it works the OS Giken Clutch during these days.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

after 1200 miles of use, i think it is the best clutch i have used, engadge smoothly, some times it is noisy but u cant notice. It is perfect for dd.
The following users liked this post:
kiley_sean (Jan 24, 2022)
Old Feb 14, 2014, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
What kinda mileage have people gotten out of these?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
What kinda mileage have people gotten out of these?
I'm at about 35K miles with my TS2B and so far-so good.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds good!
I am sold on this clutch!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Recommendation for 350kw or so, daily driven & sees track rarely...

Last edited by EvoTurboTurk; Nov 18, 2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kiley_sean
I'm at about 35K miles with my TS2B and so far-so good.
Just another update. I am now at 106K miles and I believe I installed the TS2B at around 50-55K miles in early 2010. So over 8 years and roughly 50K miles on it and it's still going strong. Like I posted before, the shifts are like butter and will most definitely replace it with another once it's toast (which I hope isn't for awhile because changing clutches with the cumbersome 6-speed is a PITA!).
Old Apr 22, 2018, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the update! I am astonished to hear it's holding up that long. This gives me hope. What power levels are you at? How much abuse van this handle for launches and occasional highway runs and road racing days? I am on the fence between this and the quartermaster. I just can't decide! I am planning on upping the power down the line to roughly 750ish whp...tq unknown in a year or so woth my 2.4LR.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Thanks for the update! I am astonished to hear it's holding up that long. This gives me hope. What power levels are you at? How much abuse van this handle for launches and occasional highway runs and road racing days? I am on the fence between this and the quartermaster. I just can't decide! I am planning on upping the power down the line to roughly 750ish whp...tq unknown in a year or so woth my 2.4LR.
Sorry for the late response. I'm not the one to ask about the longevity of launching on this clutch, that would be LC. I put a hurtin' on the OEM clutch (100-120 launches at the strip and probably 20 launches at AutoX) and then really turned the heat up on the subsequent Exedy Twin SD (80 launches at the strip and about 100 launches at the autox's...alot of them hot-lapped).

After warping my Exedy's floater disks in a short 2 years/20K miles, I was a little more hesitent accruing so many launches on a clutch in such little time. I did a few autox's with the TS2B and it launched with a demon, no problem, but I just lost heart in having to do another clutch change anytime soon and retired from that activity (Wife/Kids). As a note, the launching of the TS2B is a little different than the other two clutches. It feels like there are two distinct stages to it. When you're building revs and start to slip the clutch, you feel a super soft initial grab, like you're entering a "pre-stage". When you continue easing your foot off the clutch (it's all happening in a split moment) it hits a serious stage of business and bites the hell out of that flywheel..propelling you forward. Both the OEM and Exedy twin seemed like your typical "linear" feeling clutch. The OS Geiken felt like it had two "distinct" stages.

Anyway, as far as power? Straight-up BPU..nothing special: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...si-93-oct.html

LC's evo is a 9 with a little more power, but still the same type of bolt-ons (It's still debatable who has the better driver-mod, however). He used to do a good bit of dig-racing in "Mexico" against other turtles so he's got way more launches on this clutch under his belt. Unfortunately, like me, he's all "grow'd-up" only comes around this forum sparingly.