Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My Boomba T-body experience

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Boomba T-body experience

I wanted to get a larger t-body and decided on the Boomba. Boxed up nicely, came with a beanie and key chain. Didn't expect that, so it was a nice little surprise. I was amazed by the design. It's cool how you can configure it to fit just about any set up. Professional looking, just an overall nice piece.

Now the bad. The vacuum nipples could use a revision. They are just a straight tube and the vacuum lines would easily pop off. I tried to bolt it up to my Magnus manifold and the center line of the bolt holes were off. After an hour of reaming and filing, I finally got the bolt holes to fit up. Then, the throttle cable wheel was rubbing the flange of the manifold. I filed it out and it fit fine.

Overall, the only thing that bothered me was the bolt holes not lining up. I expected something to go wrong, or something needing to be modified, but that sucked. Other than that, I like it a lot. I will be getting tuned in a week or so, so we shall see if it was money well spent. I will be back with some dyno numbers.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Picture of setup.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

pic please im interested in seeing this
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a couple pics. My camera sucks, sorry. My t-body is upside down, just worked out that way when I originally set up the magnus manifold. I like it that way.

Bonus pic of my turbo
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

How's it compare to the Works tbody you replaced size-wise and ease of install?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

The Works wasn't an issue since it's basically the stocker. So everything bolted up just fine. I never had issue with the Works, just wanted to go the 75mm route. The Boomba was more annoying of an install than anything. I don't care if it takes ten minutes or two hours though, I just want to see results. The Boomba is pretty big compared to the Works. Has to be, to be able to use a 75mm inlet.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, i didn't get a beanie or key chain with my Boomba TB order

Looks good though.

Aaron
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you comment on driveability at all yet? Me and my friend are looking to replace his current one so I'm just curious how driveabilty is on this thing, like how is part throttle driving and whats the response like?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

I can't say yet, my evo is not done. Still waiting on some parts to show up. I heard good things about these throttle bodies around the forums. As soon as I get it together (hopefully by the end of the week) I will update you.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
how long did it take to get yours? i just ordered mine last night. hopefully they are a stocked item. i know i will need a tune eventually, but at the moment, i am untuned. i am very interested to see these results!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oops, just FYI, I talked to Magnus, the throttle body's HAVE to go back in upside down. Look around the forums, there is only one person who has it installed right side up and it took alot of modifications due to the area needed for the cable and such. Looks nice...still waiting to install mine. I heard the IM takes 6-8 hours, right now I have the Boomba on the stock IM and driveability is fantastic actually
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WHTEVO
Damn, i didn't get a beanie or key chain with my Boomba TB order

Looks good though.

Aaron
Same here, all mine came with was some decals...good for 5+ hp though
here is a pic of mine, hes right about the vacuum nipples

Last edited by Tribal; Apr 25, 2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you boys love those magnus v5s where are you guys ordering your boomba tb from ?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i just got mine in the mail. my story is i got this cause, like an idiot, i wiped away all the tb goop on the stocker while cleaning and i was having trouble with high, low, hunting and bouncing idle with a chk engine light. bought from map performance and got it in a week. i like maps' excellent service and the fact that they update me all the time. i'm sure if i dealt directly with boomba, they would have been just as good.
the piece is awesome. very good craftmanship and everything feels good and solid. it is a very polished and versitle piece. i'm going to start with the stock setting, but with the 75mm, and the backing plate that can be modified for anything up to 75, i feel i have a very good performance bargain. my dillemma though, is that the computer, while slow, compensated for the missing goop, turned off the check engine light, and is running ****. it just took 200 miles. (i reset the computer to relearn the idle 2 1/2 weeks ago.) so i'm hesitant to mess with it again. but, with this niceass throttle body staring me in the face, i'm not sure if i can hold out.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i also just got this TB. mine is on a DI manifold and is a true 75MM. tomorrow i should have a few miles on it and an update on how it is

Quick Reply: My Boomba T-body experience