Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur 3/4 cold air radiator

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Buschur 3/4 cold air radiator

Big thanks for David to come through with my request, less than two weeks ago I gave David a call and told him what I wanted, two days lator I get a picture of what I requested for approval and Wednesday this week I recieved the finished product, now That makes me happy, no bull****, no questioning what I want just results(and damn good ones). The rad is for non AC guys who want fresh cold air to your filter for any non foward facing turbo kits, all 100% bolt in like stock utilizing stock lower mounts and stock rad hoses, the drivers side mount will need relocated, simply redrill a hole for it and your done. The Fluidyne cools my car MUCH better than stock so it was a win-win-win mod for me, thanks again Buschur Racing. A few pics are on my website under EVO IX pics:
http://www.cbevo.com/evo_ix_pics_29.html
Old Oct 8, 2010, 04:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRE
Big thanks for David to come through with my request, less than two weeks ago I gave David a call and told him what I wanted, two days lator I get a picture of what I requested for approval and Wednesday this week I recieved the finished product, now That makes me happy, no bull****, no questioning what I want just results(and damn good ones). The rad is for non AC guys who want fresh cold air to your filter for any non foward facing turbo kits, all 100% bolt in like stock utilizing stock lower mounts and stock rad hoses, the drivers side mount will need relocated, simply redrill a hole for it and your done. The Fluidyne cools my car MUCH better than stock so it was a win-win-win mod for me, thanks again Buschur Racing. A few pics are on my website under EVO IX pics:
http://www.cbevo.com/evo_ix_pics_29.html
looks great curt,

sorry we dropped the ball on that for you!

sincerely

cb
Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad we could get it done for you Curt. As soon as I get a car in here I can work with we'll be offering these with a cold air box included.

I've got them in stock for anyone else interested.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cant find the pics
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by milford
cant find the pics
http://www.cbevo.com/evo_ix_pics_29....ta1_type=large

See the 4" missing to allow cold air to filter, see the next two pics after that one, I have no idea how to post images sorry!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:37 AM

That's a gangster idea...looks great! I think this picture shows your intent the best.
http://www.cbevo.com/evo_ix_pics_29....ta1_type=large
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Glad we could get it done for you Curt. As soon as I get a car in here I can work with we'll be offering these with a cold air box included.

I've got them in stock for anyone else interested.
looks good. pm'ing you.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:04 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Fixed?

Looks good!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Are there 3/4 rads that can work with us still running a/c? I'd love to have one.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great solution.. Now i can offer my customer something From Buschur as a Full Rad Solution!!!! keep me informed Dave I would love to get these out there.. Congrats Master Brown.. Your cars are always built right..

Mike
Old Oct 15, 2010, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

I've got them in stock Mike, I just haven't had time to install one and build a production air box.

No there is no option for a car with ac, the ac condenser would defete the purpose.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

I've got them in stock Mike, I just haven't had time to install one and build a production air box.

No there is no option for a car with ac, the ac condenser would defete the purpose.
Bummer , I would have thought it still would be beneficial to get the cool air....
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

David, If the radiator mounts in the stock location with the exception of the drivers side top mount having to be re-drilled. Then wouldn't this still be beneficial to those with Air Conditioning? Your engine will run cooler with the better designed unit and still offer a cold air intake when you are not running the Air. I would think even with the Air on the area around the air cleaner would still be cooler since it would not have to flow through the radiator. An Air Conditioner on a car will operate without a fan, it just will not be as efficient in stop and go traffic. And even then, the radiator fan would more then likely be running.

Don

Last edited by Roadrunr; Oct 16, 2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

The a/c condenser will block the direct path of then air coming in, better than blowing the the hot factory radiator? Yes I'd say so.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

why not run a 90* elbow and make a sort of ram air/forward facing style intake?

Quick Reply: Buschur 3/4 cold air radiator