Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

AWD Motorsports Drivershaft

Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWD Motorsports Drivershaft

Well I scooped up an AWD Motorsports driveshaft since I have heard alot of good things about them. I said why not?

Install was a breeze, if you can't do this by yourself you are a retard and need to be hit in the head with a hammer!!! Very straight forward. Looks great overall.

Lightweight, without a scale while doing this I can tell right away the rear portion is significantly lighter then stock. It also eliminates a carrier bearing. One less item to fail isn't a bad thing especially in the driveline.

Once complete, I took the car for a spin, it feels more solid overall. However the butt dyno doesn't have much to offer in the way of gains. However with my mostly stock car this doesn't surprise me.

The car is a 9 MR with a Buschur SD Cat-Back (Which sounds sooooo AWESOME BTW). That is all the car had prior to this install. I think once I start getting the rest of the parts in it will help along the way just nothing right off the bat.

I think overall it's worth the money for it. For the car being basically stock, I doubt I would do this as a first mod, BUT Being I had this prior to other stuff to come I had to install it.

to AWD Motorsports on a GREAT Product!!!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

thats good but the oem can handle plenty of power, and on a stock car you will see no difference. People that have installed them on their 500whp have seen no difference, so i hope you gona shoot for a lot more than that
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by erald01
thats good but the oem can handle plenty of power, and on a stock car you will see no difference. People that have installed them on their 500whp have seen no difference, so i hope you gona shoot for a lot more than that
People that have installed them on their 500whp car have gone from 11's to 10s with just this mod.. ask PLS1968 on here.. There are gains in 15lbs rotational mass on the car.. while it may not show in seat of the pants it shows at the drag strip and on the dyno back to back.. along with absorbing the shock on the drivetrain it will also help keep your rear end intact and not on the floor due to launching the car..

Mike
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GreenAWD
Well I scooped up an AWD Motorsports driveshaft since I have heard alot of good things about them. I said why not?

Install was a breeze, if you can't do this by yourself you are a retard and need to be hit in the head with a hammer!!! Very straight forward. Looks great overall.

Lightweight, without a scale while doing this I can tell right away the rear portion is significantly lighter then stock. It also eliminates a carrier bearing. One less item to fail isn't a bad thing especially in the driveline.

Once complete, I took the car for a spin, it feels more solid overall. However the butt dyno doesn't have much to offer in the way of gains. However with my mostly stock car this doesn't surprise me.

The car is a 9 MR with a Buschur SD Cat-Back (Which sounds sooooo AWESOME BTW). That is all the car had prior to this install. I think once I start getting the rest of the parts in it will help along the way just nothing right off the bat.

I think overall it's worth the money for it. For the car being basically stock, I doubt I would do this as a first mod, BUT Being I had this prior to other stuff to come I had to install it.

to AWD Motorsports on a GREAT Product!!!
Thanks for the great review!!!

Mike
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

What is the weight savings?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by apex electric
What is the weight savings?
15lbs..

Mike
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:39 AM
Evolving Member

While I agree this probably isn't the first mod I would be doing, I have a bunch of stuff that will be added to the list in the very near future. This doesn't take long to install so it was more of a why not while I can job to knock it out of the way. I like it alot and I'm sure it will only help things down the road.

There aren't many mods that you do that have zero consequences. This is one of them, no sacrifice down low, to loss in any area except weight. The only disadvantage is price, and yet I feel it's priced just right when compared to the other options available.

This wont be the only AWD Motorsports part on my car!!!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
your slow guy....