Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Sheptrans is not as good as they say they are

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This is surprising that Shep did not even chime in on this thread. I think I will be going
with TRE as i never saw any horror story about them. The reputation of a shop is the only
thing that matters when it comes to choose a rebuilder.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is shep even on the this site? I've been dealing with shep for 5 yrs now and never a problem. I know he is an honest guy did you address the problem to him before you did the charge back? Maybe one of his workers ****ed up.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by domyz
This is surprising that Shep did not even chime in on this thread. I think I will be going
with TRE as i never saw any horror story about them. The reputation of a shop is the only
Yeah, good luck with TRE, tried to get ahold of them for months before I went with Shep (only to save a few bucks). I ended up with Shep and was glad I did. I never had a transmission feel so good. Sucked it into gear every time like butter. The guy is a wizard, and if you do a search on my story, you will appreciate his honesty. A true class act.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by I4UnderPressure
Yeah, good luck with TRE, tried to get ahold of them for months before I went with Shep (only to save a few bucks). I ended up with Shep and was glad I did. I never had a transmission feel so good. Sucked it into gear every time like butter. The guy is a wizard, and if you do a search on my story, you will appreciate his honesty. A true class act.

Looks like the op had a bad luck, its a scary story.
There seems to be a percentage of bad stories with
all the rebuilders anyway. I just never saw any bad experience
with TRE on this forum...
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like the op had a bad luck, its a scary story.
There seems to be a percentage of bad stories with
all the rebuilders anyway. I just never saw any bad experience
with TRE on this forum...
That is true. However, I tried for months to contact TRE via email and phone. Not one returned call or email. I actually thought they went out of business. Then I heard some story about him supposedly going back to school for engineering??? Not sure.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by I4UnderPressure
That is true. However, I tried for months to contact TRE via email and phone. Not one returned call or email. I actually thought they went out of business. Then I heard some story about him supposedly going back to school for engineering??? Not sure.
I also had bad luck getting a hold of him, but tried again and now I had no problem getting in contact with him. Jon is a solid guy, and TRE is awsome. Jon at shep trans is also a great down to earth guy, the op just had bad luck as mentioned. Mistakes do happen... we are all human... Jon at TRE told me back in febuary that he tore a muscle in his leg or something on those lines. He is definently at work and pumping out trans, diffs and tcs
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:25 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
they don't need to. Their reputation precedes them, and in the OP's other thread the entire forum came to their defense.

Shepherd is a good company. They have enough work to do that they don't need to get in an online pissing match with a guy that thinks 2 weeks is too long to rebuild a tranny.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
threads like this make me wonder if everything said by the OP is honest and truthful... I've heard nothing but good things about Shep which is why my tranny and TC are in his shop right now. I also have never heard a bad thing about TRE but I couldn't get in contact with him and Shep responded that same day to my email so I went with him.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of this. Wasn't it a Shep trans where a guy put the wrong oil in and claimed it was a rebuild problem and he had oil samples tested at blackstone or whatever and it turns out the guy lied and was using completely wrong oil?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 09:26 PM

What kind of t case did you get from shep and what oil did you have in it?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
People lose a lot of credibility to me when I can barley read their posts due to run on sentences,...etc use a god damn period!

I run a Shep UR trans and stage 3 T-case; I had no issues in dealing with Shep, and I really appreciated them emailing me back with answers to my questions fairly promptly. Its unfortunate for the OP that his experience was different, although I imagine there is much more to this story.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
People lose a lot of credibility to me when I can barley read their posts due to run on sentences,...etc use a god damn period!
If you were shooting for Most Ironic Post of the Day, congrats, because you just won.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
If you were shooting for Most Ironic Post of the Day, congrats, because you just won.
Lol SmE peeple R so dubm

This post made my day.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by xXANCHORMONXx
Lol SmE peeple R so dubm

This post made my day.
^^ Just added this to my FAIL blog. Thank you.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shep is overpriced and Jacktrans doesnt give the customer enough insight on what he is doing to your drivetrain. TRE is the way to go, this guy will spend 1hr with you on the phone if you are not a complete idiot and he will break everything that he does down for you.

TEAM RIP FTW
Old Sep 8, 2013, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Post like #37,38 and 40 are why no one knows what's going on and people are afraid to post up. Just think, if a shop is doing so well and their rep proceeds them why not cut a corner here or there. Who would be able to stand against them, certainly not the the common guy making $13/hr and bust his a$$ for all he has and saved every little penny to get something like this done. This is a big reason I barely post, there is a person on here that does transmissions and t-cases locally that completely destroyed my t-case and trans. I had to replace almost everything in both.

Shep is good people, I love talking to Trevor he's an awesome guy to talk to and takes the time to get it right. This situation is unfortunate and I don't like seeing this but people have a right to know.

I just got my T-case back last week from TRE, another amazing shop and about to make a payment on transmission to Shep tomorrow. Whopping $3,256.00 and I have no doubt that they will do a great job on my stuff.

Like others said, everyone has had a bad experience with someone, good luck man, hope it works out.

Quick Reply: Sheptrans is not as good as they say they are