Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Sheptrans is not as good as they say they are

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee
Shep is overpriced and Jacktrans doesnt give the customer enough insight on what he is doing to your drivetrain. TRE is the way to go, this guy will spend 1hr with you on the phone if you are not a complete idiot and he will break everything that he does down for you.

TEAM RIP FTW
I have a huge problem with NOT being able to get in touch with someone on the phone or email. There is no excuse for not returning messages. None. Its aggravating as hell. Especially when you've spent money and you are looking for an update/status. I've heard good things about TRE but thats only when someone can get him on the phone.

I've been dealing with Shep since I've messed with Evo's and the only complaint I've had is it always seems like the transmission's to refresh are around 2k. Doesn't what the issue is, or what needs to be replaced. I've seen transmissions that shifted fine that got shipped off to be checked out and it always seems to need that much in repairs. I'm not a transmission guy so I have no clue why. I do know that I've never had a problem with their work.

OP it sucks that you are going through this. It seems no matter how good the shop is there is someone who's had an issue with them.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
People lose a lot of credibility to me when I can barley read their posts due to run on sentences,...etc use a god damn period!
Originally Posted by Iowa999
If you were shooting for Most Ironic Post of the Day, congrats, because you just won.

This is pure gold!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by wingless
This is pure gold!
Am I the only one seeing that it was a sarcasm from Teal2nnr

Plenty free bumping of this 1+year old thread that was suddenly revived last month

unsuscribed/
Old Sep 10, 2013, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by domyz
Am I the only one seeing that it was a sarcasm from Teal2nnr

Plenty free bumping of this 1+year old thread that was suddenly revived last month

unsuscribed/
Could be... It amused me either way.
Free annual bump for Shep trans, my experience with them was excellent!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wingless
Could be... It amused me either way.
Free annual bump for Shep trans, my experience with them was excellent!
+1 Talked to Trevor today, great guy! You know their banking over there when your Fraud protection kicks from trying to send them a payment lol

Old Apr 8, 2014, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I've been dealing with Shep since I've messed with Evo's and the only complaint I've had is it always seems like the transmission's to refresh are around 2k. Doesn't what the issue is, or what needs to be replaced. I've seen transmissions that shifted fine that got shipped off to be checked out and it always seems to need that much in repairs. I'm not a transmission guy so I have no clue why. I do know that I've never had a problem with their work.
There are very valid reasons for why the bill can come out to be like this. Although the transmission shifts fine at the current time or even right before you drop it out to send it in you have to realize that these transmissions weren't meant to be used in cars with much more than stock horsepower. They were built and designed for the power level they're at when they come off the line and adding power beyond that is just decreasing the longevity of the components. Of course no trans is going to last forever just at stock power either but when people send their trans or any driveline component in for that matter, they may say that it only has xxx amount of miles on a fresh build and now it whines. When it whines you guys blame it on the builder and company when they have no idea how you drive or what you're doing in the car. You may have only put 250 miles on your car according to the odometer but that's also 1000 1/4 passes banging gears the entire time. They get that much in repairs because its what they need in order to prolong the longevity and effectiveness of the component so you can make another 1000 or so passes that it made before whining occurred. You may know what you did in those 250 miles but the company and builder have no idea so they make sure that your item is getting what it needs to get its job done right. Just my .02
Old Aug 13, 2014, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
People lose a lot of credibility to me when I can barley read their posts due to run on sentences,...etc use a god damn period!

I run a Shep UR trans and stage 3 T-case; I had no issues in dealing with Shep, and I really appreciated them emailing me back with answers to my questions fairly promptly. Its unfortunate for the OP that his experience was different, although I imagine there is much more to this story.
I understood his post clear as day, maybe you should stop being dyslexic and a fourm/grammer ****.

you big meanie I hope big bird poops on your evo, Like i mean one of those big greenie white one's that no matter how much you go to the car wash it's imprinted on your clear coat, if you had a sunroof I wish it would land on your face.

Originally Posted by Iowa999
If you were shooting for Most Ironic Post of the Day, congrats, because you just won.

Back to the topic any updates on this, seeing that shep didn't even chime into this topic hopefully it got resolved.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 06:32 AM

I just called shep and spoke to someone right away.