Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Tired of vendors not being clear on shipping dates!

Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tired of vendors not being clear on shipping dates!

Tired of vendors advertising we got deals on this or that and they don't have the product on hand or in stock at all. Total false advertising to get your money then inform you oh that's 3 weeks to 3 months !

They should be required to have items in stock or 1 day away from shipping at the most.

Definitely won't be supporting any of the scamming vendors on here and some are the top ones!!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T
Tired of vendors advertising we got deals on this or that and they don't have the product on hand or in stock at all. Total false advertising to get your money then inform you oh that's 3 weeks to 3 months !

They should be required to have items in stock or 1 day away from shipping at the most.

Definitely won't be supporting any of the scamming vendors on here and some are the top ones!!
I take it you do not understand how e-commerce works. Not even Amazon has every item they sale in stock. Your brick and mortar expectations simply no longer apply. Hell, even the item manufacturers often do not have a particular item they make 'on the shelf' at a given moment, opting to instead fabricate the item once its ordered.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let me get this straight. You are complaining about vendors breaking rules that do not actually exist and you are doing said complaining in a thread that breaks rules that do, in fact, exist.

I blame Alanis Morissette. No-one has really understood irony since she wrote that stupid song.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:50 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
OP you should google the term,'Drop Shipping' and it will make a bit more sense to you.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

"Hey, I just did some googling and learned that the term 'drop-shipper' doesn't actually refer to those YouTubes of the FedEx guy throwing boxes over a fence. But I still don't get why anyone would buy something from a company that has 'SlowBoy' as part of their name. Can you help me?"

- some newb
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not putting words in the OP's mouth, but I think he was alluding to vendors who know something is on backorder (for example GSC cams) and will be for a long while, yet do not modify their posts. Not providing all the information makes it seem like they have the item either in stock, or are able to produce it in a relatively short time frame, when the truth is something different.

I understand drop-shipping and realize how costly inventory is to maintain; however, I also think full-disclosure about actual availability is important.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

I understand what the original poster is frustrated about. A few months ago I ordered a tial from one of the more recognized vendors on here. About a week and a half had past with out hearing any updates. When I emailed the vendor the initial response I got was they would follow up with tial to see if it had shipped yet. Didn't get a response until I followed up again two days later. When I followed up I had found out my order had not drop shipped yet. I spent two weeks waiting for an item that hasn't shipped yet not knowing it was being drop shipped and not being communicated with. We all know drop shipping is the best for everyone including us the consumer because it helps keep pricing down. I think the whole frustration is the communication at the time of the order. If vendors communicated up front items get shipped directly from vendors and may take a few weeks, it would reduce a lot of frustration. Are they breaking any rules? Absolutely not but in the end they may be hurting their own business by not communicating. Just a little good business practice for some vendors. The more you communicate with someone at the beggining of the sale, the less you will have to deal with later in the sale.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

This forum contains sale items from vendors that are IN STOCK only

This is the headline in all of the vendor classified sections and what I think the op is talking about.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Ran into this issue with Gruppe S and their brake packages and I even mentioned that per their advertisement on Evom about it being in stock they didn't care.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

I bet if your searched gruppe s you wouldn't have ordered
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by boosted200ser

This is the headline in all of the vendor classified sections and what I think the op is talking about.
This isn't that literal, but it falls on the vendor to be clear and communicate at the time of transaction if there will be a delay, if any.

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Hey guys,

Many businesses drop ship products with Amazon probably the largest. Isn't the issue how long the customer has to wait? As long as the vendor is guaranteeing the delivery and warranty (if any) I don't see it an issue. If the customer request a shipping time estimate and the vendor has no control over it the customer should have the option to cancel and receive a full refund. We can't insist that every vendor not offer drop ship stuff.

Bob..
We don't enforce the stock rule as it's mostly a time constraint issue:

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
No, I don't think so since we never know who has what in stock anyway. The point is either the vendor has it on his shelf or he has it dropped shipped in the agreed time. If the vendor doesn't meet the ship time then we can point to the rule. Does that make sense?

Bob..
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by boosted200ser

Kinda like this, vendors keep bumping there add to the top yet they don't have the **** plain and simple. Spent the day on the phone calling around to see if they had what I was looking for, but hey of course not.

Some have adds here, there and on ebay plus showing on there websites as buy now, but in the end it will take you 3 weeks to get your money back if you buy now, after a week later they say ohh we don't have it it's on back order for 3-6 months.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:43 AM

Basically if they bump the add they should state what is left in stock for said part, and when out they should close it until more parts are in, instead you can buy it but your just paying for an empty box without letting you know.

There is also a bunch that raise there prices on there website and say hey we got deals but the deal they quote you is the same regular price as 3 months ago even though it looks like it's lower than there website price.

From what I have found so far there's a lot of shady vendors out there I have been siting back watching them for about a year now, as I never just jump at things to buy but sit back and watch to see where the real deals are.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:44 AM
EvoM Community Team

See my above post.

Do some homework and call the vendor to see what the wait time is.

This thread has run its course.