Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ACT Clutches - Monoloc

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ACT Clutches - Monoloc

So, like many others, I've been having issues with the wedge collar on my Exedy twin. Just two weeks ago, the wave clip failed yet again on my twin. Just when I was about to make the switch to Quartermaster twin for the hydraulic TOB, Dirk from ACT responded to one of my threads about the ACT Monoloc which is a built from scratch one-piece replacement wedge collar to replace the weak two-piece stock design. The skies opened up on the horrible day I was having and I PM'd him over the weekend and he replied promptly, answering any questions I had. This past Monday at around 4PM eastern time, I placed the order through ACT with 2nd day air AM with FedEx. The guys at ACT made it happen and shipped it out same day. Lo and behold, I received the package as requested around 10AM today. Haven't installed it yet but I'll be sure to write a review when I do get it installed.

Big props to Dirk and anybody else at ACT who made this happen. It's good to see companies that address the issues that we, the car community, complain about. And it's even better to see them tackle the issue at its root.

Name:  941403_10151693403721719_1767660310_n.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  39.7 KB

Old May 10, 2013, 02:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im very interested in this also,cant wait to hear the review. How many wave springs came with it
Old May 10, 2013, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

yes review pls, Looks like they are already out of stock on it :/
Well by the time i do my clutch im sure they will have it.
Old May 10, 2013, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I never had any issue with two of my Exedy clutches (regular and HD versions) but will keep any eye on this.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback!

For anyone who finds our Monoloc is "out-of-stock" on our website, please note that the website only reflects packaged Monoloc collars. We currently have the components, but we may only package 50 separate collars at a time. If we happen to sell out and need to package more, we promptly do that. But since the website updates every morning, it may not reflect "in-stock" until the following day, unless of course we happen to sell out again. We are planning on changing the site to update hourly some time in the future.
Old May 10, 2013, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleeper04
im very interested in this also,cant wait to hear the review. How many wave springs came with it
It came with 2 springs like the OEM collar does but the Monoloc is one-piece as opposed to the two piece OEM collar. The collar is ridiculously stout too...couldn't bend it with my hands if I tried.

Will definitely have a review up when I get it installed, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old May 10, 2013, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice thread, i got my monoloc today also will be hoping its a miracle worker with my exedy twin i just put in a week ago and was fine all week but first launch at the track the clip popped out, mind you being a brand new wave clip from exedy and a brand new throw out bearing from mitsubishi.. never had this problem before or with anyone i know until now.. so i will be putting mines in a few days and will comment here as well.
Old May 12, 2013, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Is there instructions on how to install the monoloc, or is it fairly straightforward?
Old May 12, 2013, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
I am assuming that if you already have a clutch fork stop you would not need to install the ACT monoloc. Or am I mistaken?
Old May 13, 2013, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Even with clutch for stops the clip has still been know to pop out...
Old May 13, 2013, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
Is there instructions on how to install the monoloc, or is it fairly straightforward?
It installs the same way the OEM wedge collar does. It's nothing different, it's just a sturdier one-piece design as opposed to the OEM two-piece.

Originally Posted by deylag
I am assuming that if you already have a clutch fork stop you would not need to install the ACT monoloc. Or am I mistaken?
Like Fast Freddie said, the collar can still pop with the clutch fork stop. I found the stop more of a pain than anything else...always having to adjust it and what not. The Monoloc actually tries to fix the problem at it's root where as the fork stop is just a cheap attempt at a fix.
Old May 13, 2013, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

got mine done yesterday, so far so good! everything is back to normal, did a launch and felt solid.. test of time now..
Old May 19, 2013, 01:07 PM

How are they holding soo far, have a Exedy Triple im waiting to install until I have a solution...
Old May 26, 2013, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

So far, this new wedge collar feels great. Slowly getting the confidence back to really rip it through gears if the occasion calls for it.

I definitely recommend this replacement to ANYBODY with an Exedy multi-plate clutch.
Old May 26, 2013, 04:10 PM

having mine installed this week

Quick Reply: ACT Clutches - Monoloc