Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Demonwerkz rear crash bar from driveline

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Demonwerkz rear crash bar from driveline

So about a month ago I ordered a JDM rear along with the Demonwerkz rear crash bar so I didn't have to deal with the headache of modifying my factory crash bar. Well, I was wrong because the demonwerkz bar has given me nothing but issues. Here is a link to the crash bar I purchased: http://www.drivelinestore.com/demonw.../i-298834.aspx

- First off, the bar itself is bent at the incorrect angles at the ends considering it hits the body as seen here:

- Now since the ends of the bar hits the body, now the mounting plates for the bar are pushed forward about 3/4". As you can see, my finger clearly fits between the mounting plates and the body.

Lastly, they claim that there's an integrated plate light mount and unless I was missing hardware I had nothing but 2 holes in the bar for the lights to go in. I had to make my own mounting plates for the lights to stay in place as well as drill and tap the rear bar to screw the plates into.

Overall I either got a bad piece or their description of their own product is invalid. I should have originally bought the bar I wanted but instead chose this one since I could get it as a package deal. The bumper will fit over the bar the way it sits but it leaves about a 1/4"-3/16" gap under the taillights and trunk. Also the sides of the bumper wont even match the rear quarter flush but if I remove the bar the bumper fits like an oem piece should.

In the end, unless they want to overnight me a new bar at no cost to me it looks like I'm just going to cut the ends of the crash bar close to the mounting plates so it no longer hits the body to make this work.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ended up cutting about 4" off the ends of the bar and now it doesn't hit the body and the bumper fits perfect. I shouldn't have had to do this but it was easy and quick enough. I didn't wanna have to deal with the exchange process.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats the saddest piece of metal slapped together i've ever seen. should have bought the STM one
Old Mar 27, 2014, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

I originally wanted the STM rear bar because I always purchase stuff for my evo from them but my fiancé bought the JDM rear and crashbar combo as a gift for me. That's the last time I buy anything from Driveline.

Last edited by 19DB794; Mar 27, 2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marry her fast! Sorry for the bad experience. Can you take a picture of the modifications you had to do for the plate light?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

I went to Home Depot and bought a flat piece of aluminum for $6. Cut 2 pieces about 4" long and drilled out the center big enough for the light socket to fit in. Then drilled and tapped the bar to screw the plates.

Last edited by 19DB794; Mar 28, 2014 at 03:42 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Now it fits perfect. There's the normal gap between the bumper and taillights. Before I could see the rivets and bolts under the taillights that hold the bumper in place. My car was never in an accident so I knew something was wrong.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the demonwerkz crash bar and it fit perfect and came with the hardware to mount the tag lights.... Not sure what happened with your situation but my install was flawless and all parts fit perfect
Old Apr 3, 2014, 04:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Not sure what happened either but call us at (818) 359-1144. Could be that one piece went bad somewhere in the assemble process. We do apologize and we will replace that for you at no charge. Just call us to set it up. Thank you.

Chuck
Old May 4, 2014, 09:16 PM

i am also having the exact same issue. i ordered mine back in march and at the beginning of april i got my jdm bumper. went to put it on and the i have the exact same problem with the bar. it looks nothing like the one that other ppl have received got only a bunch of bolts and nuts and 2 small clips, no brackets what so ever.
Old May 7, 2014, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoarinBlueBeast
i am also having the exact same issue. i ordered mine back in march and at the beginning of april i got my jdm bumper. went to put it on and the i have the exact same problem with the bar. it looks nothing like the one that other ppl have received got only a bunch of bolts and nuts and 2 small clips, no brackets what so ever.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had to modify the holes that the plate light shines through to illuminate the plate as well because I couldn't even see the plate when my lights were on at night.
Old May 8, 2014, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
that's weird, i had a demonwerkz and it fit fine. later went with stm's, and the angle of the license plate holder is off.. small problem overall though i guess
Old May 8, 2014, 02:25 PM

I feel like I was robbed of my money. They said it was a perfect fitment but so much issues. even emailed them about my bar and I still haven't gotten a reply back
Old May 28, 2014, 09:33 PM

When I installed mine I was not happy. for a $300 piece, I feel like it is worth $100 bucks.

I had to cut all of the washers on the factory bolts into a "D" shape, because they didnt leave enough clearance between the mounting holes and the sides of the brackets, so you couldnt even get the bolts in the holes.

Also, I had to take a rubber mallet and dent the bar in 2 spots where it was rubbing the rear bumper, I ended up having a hole rubbed on both sides of the bumper from the bar not fitting correctly.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
Ended up cutting about 4" off the ends of the bar and now it doesn't hit the body and the bumper fits perfect. I shouldn't have had to do this but it was easy and quick enough. I didn't wanna have to deal with the exchange process.
I feel like I was robbed of my money. They said it was a perfect fitment but so much issues. even emailed them about my bar and I still haven't gotten a reply back
Originally Posted by littlewack
When I installed mine I was not happy. for a $300 piece, I feel like it is worth $100 bucks.

I had to cut all of the washers on the factory bolts into a "D" shape, because they didnt leave enough clearance between the mounting holes and the sides of the brackets, so you couldnt even get the bolts in the holes.

Also, I had to take a rubber mallet and dent the bar in 2 spots where it was rubbing the rear bumper, I ended up having a hole rubbed on both sides of the bumper from the bar not fitting correctly.
I received my rear bumper and crash beam from them a week ago. The bumper has some damage and the demonwerkz bar is a reproduction, NOT the real thing. The paint is gloss and not wrinkle along with the bottom missing considerable paint. I got no hardware. It's only 48 inches long (supposed to be 59). The bends are incorrect. The license plate holes have no mounting holes to bolt into. Along with some other things. I have emailed driveline with photos as instructed and called mulitple times. I have yet to receive a response....

Quick Reply: Demonwerkz rear crash bar from driveline